PDA

View Full Version : Leafleting this morning

Bradley in DC
09-19-2007, 12:25 PM
So, I'm out walking the dogs and leafleting this morning in my neighborhood (just to give you an idea Obama lives here), and I start to walk around a guy in front of his house since he wasn't on my list of registered Republicans (200 of us out of 1700 in my ANC). I ask where he lives and explain he wasn't on my list. He's curious so starts up a conversation (I think bored too trying to get an infant in his arms back to sleep)...

Turns out he worked for Sens. Mitchell and Daschel when they were Majority Leaders (again, not uncommon in my neighborhood), and I'm chatting away about Dr. Paul. Long and short, he says, "Ron Paul is the best of all of the candidates running, all of them, Democrat or Republican, the most fiscally responsible. This country is in a mess."

Just thought I'd share...

Ridiculous
09-19-2007, 12:27 PM
So, I'm out walking the dogs and leafleting this morning in my neighborhood (just to give you an idea Obama lives here), and I start to walk around a guy in front of his house since he wasn't on my list of registered Republicans (200 of us out of 1700 in my ANC). I ask where he lives and explain he wasn't on my list. He's curious so starts up a conversation (I think bored too trying to get an infant in his arms back to sleep)...

Turns out he worked for Sens. Mitchell and Daschel when they were Majority Leaders (again, not uncommon in my neighborhood), and I'm chatting away about Dr. Paul. Long and short, he says, "Ron Paul is the best of all of the candidates running, all of them, Democrat or Republican, the most fiscally responsible. This country is in a mess."

I am guessing Georgetown, North of M.

Bradley in DC
09-19-2007, 12:37 PM
I am guessing Georgetown, North of M.

No reason to guess, check my profile.;)
[click on my name, in the drop down menu, click "view public profile"]

Zydeco
09-19-2007, 12:41 PM
Brad's dogs are becoming semi-famous in DC Ron Paul circles. They are invaluable recruiting tools.

jonahtrainer
09-19-2007, 12:41 PM

And I thought everyone inside the beltway hated Ron Paul because he would end the gravy train. Regardless of left or right all of them have a vested financial interest in the current system. That seems to be why all of them think he is a clown and don't take him seriously.

Ridiculous
09-19-2007, 12:44 PM
I live inside the beltway and I support Paul. Haven't been too active in the meetups since I am in grad school.

Bradley in DC
09-19-2007, 12:48 PM
Brad's dogs are becoming semi-famous in DC Ron Paul circles. They are invaluable recruiting tools.

They're semi-infamous in Dr. Paul's Congressional office. :)

wgadget
09-19-2007, 12:49 PM
I'm sure they have Ron Paul t-shirts? My mutt does...

mdh
09-19-2007, 01:04 PM
Hah, cute.

Hit the apartments in SW some time. Not far from capital hill at all. For whatever reason, an unusual amount of conservative folks who were not uber-rich elite sorts I knew who lived in DC-proper lived in that area.

Bradley in DC
09-19-2007, 01:07 PM
Hah, cute.

Hit the apartments in SW some time. Not far from capital hill at all. For whatever reason, an unusual amount of conservative folks who were not uber-rich elite sorts I knew who lived in DC-proper lived in that area.

Thanks for the tip. It's Capitol with an "O", btw. I did a data request with the Board of Elections and have the names and addresses of all of the registered Republicans in the district.

mdh
09-19-2007, 01:15 PM
Thanks for the tip. It's Capitol with an "O", btw. I did a data request with the Board of Elections and have the names and addresses of all of the registered Republicans in the district.

How much did it cost you down there?

Bradley in DC
09-19-2007, 01:22 PM
How much did it cost you down there?

The data request? I think, maybe $10 (maybe $50), don't really remember, not a lot.
House? I bought before things got crazy expensive and across from a crack house (since closed). Great neighborhood now though.

mdh
09-19-2007, 01:27 PM
The data request? I think, maybe $10 (maybe $50), don't really remember, not a lot.

Wow. I guess there are just that few registered R's in DC proper......... :p

House? I bought before things got crazy expensive and across from a crack house (since closed). Great neighborhood now though.

LOL! Well, all of the best crack houses are dow... wait, I mean, I know nothing of that sort. :D

Stealth4
09-19-2007, 01:29 PM
Bradley, what hand outs are you using? Im curious because I've considered doing the same thing if I had a list.

Also where are you putting the info, not in the mailbox I assume? Thanks.

BarryDonegan
09-19-2007, 02:58 PM
there are also people who participate in the gravy train because everyone else is doing it, if everyone wasn't they would bail out of it.

Bradley in DC
09-19-2007, 03:54 PM
Oh, I forgot to add that he told me he recognized my house because of the Ron Paul sign in the window. Now, you have to understand that he saw an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of Dr. Paul probably from the PEC in January through the security bars on my windows and the screen.

(I have, and will try to get up this weekend, a proper yard sign I got from our fearless, and exalted, Meetup leader at the Reason Foundation happy hour which I will attach to the outside of the bars.)

stevedasbach
09-19-2007, 03:58 PM
I live inside the beltway and I support Paul.

Same here.

Bradley in DC
09-19-2007, 04:00 PM
Wow. I guess there are just that few registered R's in DC proper......... :p

30,200 or so