PDA

View Full Version : Anecdotal swine flu story - Already affecting the economy

Anti Federalist
04-26-2009, 10:24 PM
Nothing that I can point to as absolute truth but...

I have to fly for work on Tuesday.

I always try to use my frequent flyer status to upgrade to first class seats.

A week ago when I tried to do this, the plane on the flight I was taking was mostly full and no first class seats were available.

Today, just now, I confirmed a first class upgrade, and went to pick my seat online.

The plane's seat assignment chart showed it nearly 3/4 empty.

UtahApocalypse
04-26-2009, 10:38 PM
With the closing of just the one school district in Texas think about this:

1000 avg per school, 15 schools = 15000 students
These Students now have to stay home, So take say 1500 That are younger with no older siblings.
Parent now has to stay home from work. That is 1500 People home from work in ONE community. Stores, Mail, police, Who know what all jobs.
Now imagine this on a Statewide, or National level. An this is just from closing schools.

Anti Federalist
04-26-2009, 10:43 PM

These Students now have to stay home, So take say 1500 That are younger with no older siblings.
Parent now has to stay home from work. That is 1500 People home from work in ONE community. Stores, Mail, police, Who know what all jobs.
Now imagine this on a Statewide, or National level. An this is just from closing schools.

DOW futures down -135 last time I looked tonight.

I'm thinking something here...TPTB wanted an economic meltdown, well, they got it, but maybe it's "legs" were not long enough, even with the media hype.

I'm thinking this is phase two.

Vessol
04-26-2009, 10:51 PM
USD collapse by July anyone?

tangent4ronpaul
04-26-2009, 10:59 PM

I predict a spike in teen pregnancy rates....

-t

haaaylee
04-27-2009, 01:41 AM
Free plane tickets to not go to Mexico! no really. its a stimulus check.