PDA

View Full Version : Invisible Children talking politics

Dan Chisholm
04-26-2009, 10:04 PM
I've been watching http://www.mogulus.com/invisiblechildren all night and they both just said people should vote for Ron Paul or 3rd party in 2012.

If any of you don't know about invisible children, go to http://www.invisiblechildren.com/home.php to see what's been going on.

kathy88
04-27-2009, 04:59 AM
Hello Dan Thank you for posting. What's a nice Romney supporter like yourself doing posting pro RP stuff at midnight? LOL. Nice to see!

Epic
04-27-2009, 05:20 AM
Maybe he figured out the 13 trillion dollar bailout (http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=armOzfkwtCA4&refer) was a bad idea...

InterestedParticipant
04-27-2009, 08:11 AM
Wonder what elitist think tanks dreamed-up Invisible Children and what elitists are funding it?

Where's the scam, because there most certainly is one. Organizations with this sort of momentum and funding just don't pop-up out of no where. There's an agenda folks, and the agenda wasn't designed to help some poor kids in Africa, thats for damn sure.

Dan Chisholm
04-27-2009, 08:29 AM
Wow, I can't believe how negative and skeptical you all are about this movement. It's been going on for a few years, and the videos these three kids made when they decided to travel to Uganda are what sparked it all. College and high schools around the country have hosted showings for the videos those three amateurs have made and this is the 3rd huge event they have hosted, but it seems to be the biggest so far.

I went to the Grand Rapids event on Saturday and we were rescued, then 40 or so people drove from GR to Chicago to join the rally there that has now been going on for 55 hours+. 11 cities in the U.S. still need a rescuer, but all of the other countries have had all of their cities rescued and Australia actually did amazing in money raised and people showing up.

As for Pro-Paul stuff coming from a Romney supporter, I'll support either Paul or Romney and I love to hear whenever people say good things about either of them.

acptulsa
04-27-2009, 08:39 AM
Thanks for the heads up, Dan.

All I know is, if they're supporting Ron Paul that's a good sign they're on the up and up. They know how generous Americans are when we can afford to be, and they know how much gets skimmed when the government takes charge of our generosity for us...

Dan Chisholm
04-27-2009, 09:30 AM
Is there any way we can get Ron Paul to rescue a city? There are over a hundred people who will be thankful to whomever rescues the remaining cities.

BarryDonegan
04-27-2009, 01:52 PM
INVISIBLE CHILDREN endorses US MILITARY INTERVENTION in UGANDA. THIS IS A HUGE pro war PR campaign much like SAVE DARFUR and the one who promoted our intervention in KOSOVO.

don't fall for it, these guys are bad news.

tell the founders of IC to return the BETTER BUSINESS BUREAUS calls, because theyve been getting bad reports on transparency.

To CHISHOLM, i dont mean this as an offense, i can understand if you are trying to reach out to us about issues, but, in this case, Invisible Children is not an ally to the people in the Ron Paul movement who believe very seriously in the principles of non-interventionism. they are supporters of US Intervention in Uganda, using tax payer blood and treasure in a way we do not, in general, endorse or support.

however, the aspect of IC which sends money to private citizens and schools, we fully support private charities doing that type of work, in fact, if you want private donations to go to their local groups to help put together a defense, no problem there either, but US Intervention is something we do not endorse and that organization lobbies for it specifically.

if you want Ron Paul to rescue a city, have the founders of IC CATEGORICALLY DENOUNCE US GOVERNMENT INTERVENTION IN UGANDA. it is unconstitutional and dangerous for the people of uganda. whether its sanctions, which would starve them to death, foreign aid, which would fund the actual dictator who is hurting them, or military intervention (people who dont speak the language wandering around with assault weapons wont make things less complicated over there), all of those options run counter to our principles.

Omphfullas Zamboni
04-27-2009, 02:18 PM
Howdy,

In particular, is this organization part of private charity outreach or is it promoting involvement on the part of the US military? Or some of both?

I would very much like to know.

Cheers,
Omphfullas Zamboni

BarryDonegan
04-27-2009, 02:40 PM
i just got off the phone with an official IC press contact. they support US Military Intervention in Uganda and are promoting REGIME CHANGE.