PDA

View Full Version : Who is Rupert Murdoch?

123tim
04-26-2009, 07:48 PM
I have a friend who is becoming increasingly pro-neocon and who is an avid follower of Sean Hanity (and a few others of a similar persuasion).

Today he stated he didn't consider "waterboarding to be torture" and that he didn't want to go there right now. I certainly didn't, because I choose my conversational "battles" and wait for the right opportunity. I'm pretty sure that the pro-waterboarding stance comes from some Fox influence.

Another statement that I did choose to address was one (paraphrasing) of Fox News being a single entity which didn't have strings attached to anything else. I refuted this with what knowledge that I had with me at the time.

I found this article tonight about Rupert Murdoch (below). I wonder if anyone finds anything in this article seems inaccurate ? It looks fairly consistent with everything that I've read in the past......Before I send my friend this link I wanted to ask; does anyone has a better source?

The article does seem a little intense but hey, it is about Rupert Murdoch. What else can really be expected?

Here's the link:
http://www.americanprogress.org/issues/2004/07/b122948.html

Thanks in advance for any advice.

chadhb
04-26-2009, 07:54 PM
He's half jew, so we can pretty much guess he's a slime bag.

Liberty Star
04-26-2009, 08:01 PM
Him being Jewish won't make him a bad person at all, there are many Jews who oppose Zionist agenda. But him using his media empire to be a mouth piece for neocon propaganada to push US towards pre-emptive inavsions of other countries based on bogus assumptions and for being a pimp for encouraging Israeli occupation and oppression of Palestinian people could make him a slime bag.

Roxi
04-26-2009, 08:15 PM

what the hell? that was uncalled for.

forsmant
04-26-2009, 08:16 PM
That's my hotmail handle.

LibForestPaul
04-26-2009, 08:21 PM
Not every Jew is a Zionist.
Not every Christian is a neo-con Baptist (or Mormon)
Not every Muslim is for extreme Sharia.

Reason
04-26-2009, 08:28 PM

you're lack of logic and ability to think critically is not welcome on these forums.

Reason
04-26-2009, 08:28 PM
not every jew is a zionist.
Not every christian is a neo-con baptist (or mormon)
not every muslim is for extreme sharia.

qft

Athan
04-26-2009, 10:58 PM

Well this movement just went to shit. Lets go home people we've got an anti-semite in the ranks.

ArrestPoliticians
04-26-2009, 11:00 PM

get bent please.

123tim
04-27-2009, 08:12 AM
So, Does anyone have any better resources (other my original link to the article) which could used to help convince a friend see that the Rupert Murdoch (Fox News) empire is not a shining light of truth in the darkness? I wish that I could gradually convince him but I feel that we're all running out of time.

Kludge
04-27-2009, 08:15 AM
So, Does anyone have any better resources (other my original link to the article) which could used to help convince a friend see that the Rupert Murdoch (Fox News) empire is not a shining light of truth in the darkness? I wish that I could gradually convince him but I feel that we're all running out of time.

Why not just have him view Freedom Watch every Wednesday?

Howard_Roark
04-27-2009, 09:44 AM

Suprisingly large amount of people who have pro-liberty views are anti-jew.

PatriotG
04-27-2009, 09:49 AM
Suprisingly large amount of people who have pro-liberty views are anti-jew.

If this is true than the world is in a sadder state of affairs, than I previoulsy believed.

Annihilia
04-27-2009, 10:07 AM
he's half jew, so we can pretty much guess he's a slime bag.

suprisingly large amount of people who have pro-liberty views are anti-jew.

Cointelpro! Cointelpro! :D

pacelli
04-27-2009, 10:56 AM

http://www.outfoxed.org/

Outfoxed is one of the best documentaries exposing the Fox machine, even though it is a little dated.

The trailer:

YouTube - OUTFOXED: Rupert Murdoch's War on Journalism -- Trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w39FnpuMRfo&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.outfoxed.org%2F&feature=player_embedded)

The documentary:

OUTFOXED : Rupert Murdoch's War on Journalism (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6737097743434902428&ei=COz1SdPKL6ayrQK-9sHXDg&q=Outfoxed&hl=en)

BlackTerrel
04-27-2009, 05:40 PM
I have a friend who is becoming increasingly pro-neocon and who is an avid follower of Sean Hanity (and a few others of a similar persuasion).

Today he stated he didn't consider "waterboarding to be torture" and that he didn't want to go there right now. I certainly didn't, because I choose my conversational "battles" and wait for the right opportunity. I'm pretty sure that the pro-waterboarding stance comes from some Fox influence.

Another statement that I did choose to address was one (paraphrasing) of Fox News being a single entity which didn't have strings attached to anything else. I refuted this with what knowledge that I had with me at the time.

I found this article tonight about Rupert Murdoch (below). I wonder if anyone finds anything in this article seems inaccurate ? It looks fairly consistent with everything that I've read in the past......Before I send my friend this link I wanted to ask; does anyone has a better source?

The article does seem a little intense but hey, it is about Rupert Murdoch. What else can really be expected?

I'm not sure I see where you're getting at. If you want to argue with your friend then argue the issues. Talking about Murdoch just clouds the issue and I doubt it would effect his view.

For example. I hate FoxNews I think they lie, have an agenda, and are racist. On the other side I love Comedy Central. Now if you were to show me evidence that the owner of FoxNews is a cool dude and the owner of Comedy Central is a d-bag it still wouldn't change my views of either network.

BlackTerrel
04-27-2009, 05:41 PM

He's actually not half Jewish. And you my friend, are a tool.