PDA

View Full Version : New Poll: Barack Obama vs. Ron Paul

free.alive
04-26-2009, 12:40 AM
Why not? We need to fund it and make it happen. It will give us a reality check, maybe, or some enthusiasm possibly.

Even still, we should know that he doesn't have the name ID to do that well against Obama. But we can never be sure until...

Also, it would be helpful to do a blind bio poll.

Also a poll against the likely Republican nomination opponents.

Here is an example of what I mean: http://frontloading.blogspot.com/2009/04/obama-vs-four-prospective-2012-gop.html

satchelmcqueen
04-26-2009, 04:27 PM
Barack Obama vs Ron Paul

dont know how many here will see the enormity of the reference i am going to use, but this would be akin to a Hulk Hogan vs Ric Flair match in the 80s or even early 90s. This would be HUGE. as a matter of fact, if chicken mccain would have debated paul on tv just 1 time, then this would have happened anyway. mccain dodged Paul though.

Repub vs Dem or WWF champion vs NWA World Heavyweight Champion.

I think we all know who is the best.

A major poll on a major site is a very good idea and maybe something Paul might be interested in viewing which might make him realize he needs to run one more time. i say we run with this idea. what would be a good site to run this poll or who would be willing who has exposure?

Beck?
Napolitano (sp?)
IDK??

t0rnado
04-26-2009, 07:14 PM
Grab a phone book, call 100 random people, and ask them if they'd vote for Ron Paul or Obama in 2012.

free.alive
04-27-2009, 12:49 AM
NOT a website poll. That's a total waste of time. I'm talking about funding a REAL opinion poll, purchased from one or all of the most reputable polling services. WE DO NOT HAVE TO PUBLISH THE RESULTS. In fact, it would be better that we do not.

This would be strategic info.

1) A poll with each named, one against the other, polled in various ways to produce a demographic, political-association and geographic picture.

2) A "blind-bio" poll where neither candidate is named, just contrasting descriptions of their positions on the major issues. We could also add questions to these that offer more than once choice, something like a multiple choice reaction question.

We need real, actionable data, not an internet poll that can be called into question and promoted better by one or another group (although it could be fun, and by making us the target of the liberals could endear us to the GOP even more...)

free.alive
04-27-2009, 12:50 AM
Tornado, you're on the right track.

If we could raise some money we could get some professionals to do it, though...

Minarchy4Sale
04-27-2009, 01:27 AM
I think you would be sorely disappointed

free.alive
04-27-2009, 08:41 AM
M4S:

Well, I'm already disappointed! However, the point isn't to verify that "Ron Paul Could win the Presidency Today!" The point is to gain actual statistical information based on what people know and think. If a blind-bio poll revealed that a person with Ron Paul's positions transcended the typical partisan divide, as most libertarians suspect, yet the Obama's lead far exceeded that of the Dem v. Repub. difference, we would know that name recognition is the major battle.

Screw the issues; if you learn to turn people on to Ron Paul is to teach them the issues.

However, I think this is just one instance of how actual info could help pick the best action.