PDA

View Full Version : Iraqis say U.S. should stop passing blame

FrankRep
09-19-2007, 10:48 AM
Iraqis say U.S. should stop passing blame

Sep 15, 2007

BAGHDAD (Reuters) - Iraqi lawmakers said on Saturday that Washington should take responsibility for the turmoil in Iraq and stop blaming Baghdad, Iran and Syria.

Frustrated by criticism from the United States over their slow progress towards political goals meant to foster national reconciliation, Iraqi leaders said Washington would be better served by examining its own progress in the unpopular war.

"The Americans always try to pretend the responsibility for cleaning up this mess isn't theirs and tend to shift blame onto Iraq, Iran and Syria for everything that goes wrong," said veteran Kurdish lawmaker Mahmoud Othman.

"But they should stop this nonsense and admit that most of the accountability rests on their shoulders," he told Reuters.

Full Story:
http://ca.today.reuters.com/news/NewsArticle.aspx?type=topNews&storyID=2007-09-15T175236Z_01_L15544758_RTRIDST_0_NEWS-IRAQ-COL.XML

mconder
09-19-2007, 10:56 AM
We are only responsible for the fact that we are still there. We have already spent enough lives and money trying to rebuild and stabilize the area and they won't have it, so the American people are not responsible for $1 more in reconstruction cost. If anything, Bush and his some of his cabinet members are responsible and should charged with multiple crimes as well as be held responsible civilly. I would love to see their entire personal fortunes sent to Iraq for the crime they committed against the Iraqi people.

EvilEngineer
09-19-2007, 11:10 AM
I would have to say a big DUH! Our lawmakers / news media/ government in general are all a bunch of idiots who think that WE are always the GOODGUY. I hate to say it people, but right now we live in the biggest state-sponsored terrorist country in the world. The rest of the world sees it... we need to get people to open their eyes that, we are being lead by the BAD people.