PDA

View Full Version : My Political Evolution...

mrchubbs
09-19-2007, 10:17 AM
I wrote a story on my blog awhile ago discussing my political evolution from voting for
Dems, then Libertarians, and now Ron Paul.

I always find these kind of personal stories interesting to read so I thought I would
share my story with all of you. I guess this could be looked at as a shameless
plug for my blog. If so, feel free not to read it. :-)

I'm curious if others have had a similar evolution politically. How did you get here,
supporting Ron Paul?

Here is the beginning to see if you are interested in reading the rest:

----
My Political Evolution: From Paul Tsongas to Ron Paul

“If you’re not a liberal when you’re 20, you have no heart. If
you’re not a conservative when you’re 40, you have no head.”

- Winston Churchill (perhaps wrongly attributed)

I turned 18 when the 1980’s came to a close (1989) and like many young people held a left leaning ideology. I was positive that world peace was attainable, and almost as sure that I could help get the world there. I believed that anything could be accomplished with words, as long as they were put together properly. I wrote poetry as an outlet for my thoughts and as a reaction to things that happened to me, mostly in relationships.

These days I don’t write poetry any more. I don’t believe world peace is attainable. Words are just words, and I’m considered rather extreme in my Libertarian political views. So what happened? How did I get here?

Read the rest here (http://marcg.net/blog/archives/133).

Enjoy,
MrChubbs

Shink
09-19-2007, 10:40 AM
Really nice read. My political evolution is shorter, but a bit similar. Liked the Dem spin on the Bush administration, had neither positive nor negative opinions on Clinton when he was in office, etc. My real epiphany came from my readings on subjects like the New World Order, its subgroups, institutions (like the Federal Reserve, UN, CFR...) etc. It naturally follows that libertarian is all I COULD be, and fighting in Iraq showed firsthand that Ron's foreign policy is the correct one.

sickmint79
09-19-2007, 11:06 AM
http://www.timeofdeceit.com/?p=9

that's my story !

mrchubbs
09-19-2007, 11:39 AM
Good stuff Shink and Sickmint...

Sickmint... are you the one selling the glueless (static) window stickers that are
advertised in your signature? In any case, I bought some awhile ago and have 3
of them on my car.

Thanks for sharing.

sickmint79
09-19-2007, 12:11 PM
yes i am! should have some bigger ones available too; 5" tall instead of 3" ones. i think the delivery got lost though. :p i'll be posting a thread once i have the bigger ones, few people asked for them, think it will work better in my back window too.