PDA

View Full Version : IRS What a week it's been....

kathy88
04-24-2009, 12:25 PM
It's been the week from hell for me, work wise, home wise, RP causes wise, etc... Long story as short as I can. Got a letter from the IRS last Nov or so stating that my hubby (b-4) he was hubby, but I do his taxes nonetheless.. had miscalculated his return. Back taxes due for 2006 about 2K with fines and penalties. Please remit full amount in 3 days or some shit. Or the option of the pay plan. I took that. 200 bucks a month until paid. Now, I will admit there have not been the 5 on time monthly payments that should have been paid up to this point, I made 3 payments, hubby's been laid off a lot in the last 6 months. Today the registered letter arrives, stating that since they have not heard from him since the INITIAL letter, and he has made no attempt to pay anything that they are going to file a federal tax lien in 10 days. So now I get to find all the old bank statements, make copies, and try to get someone to talk to ME about it, since he is not available by phone during business hours EVER. Wish me fing luck. And the bitch of it is, the error ocurred because an employer neglected to file the W2 or get us a copy. I still haven't seen it.

sluggo
04-24-2009, 12:32 PM

kathy88
04-24-2009, 12:42 PM
I'm half tempted to test them. I'm really fed up with all the money we give them every year. I lost my main source of income my husband's laid off and I can live off what I paid in taxes for 6months or a year easily. You just can't get ahead.

HOLLYWOOD
04-24-2009, 12:43 PM
Disclaimer, try to get free legal TAX advice before anything!

Tell them all your Asssets/Accounts are @ AIG, Citigroup, Goldman Sachs, and JP Morgan Chase.

Tell them to file the liens there! ;)

The only thing to watch is the US TREASURY/IRS will take your Social Security retirement on any outstanding debt. They do it for everything and anything owed, educational loans, capital gains penalties/fees/surcharges/ property taxes/state taxes/some court liens/etc, YES the state and IRS have information sharing agreements. gotta love government, eh?

The penalties/Interest/Fees/surcharges are the scheme to make more money off the people. I got an insider from a high up DMV employee how they make more money off the people with their arbitrated money theft. When government tells you how it rips off people, you know it's theft.

I feel for you... tell them to give yah free room and board at the low security country clubs... it will cost them $30K-40K / annual... he he

Tell the IRS to provide you with a Tax Attorney, since you cannot afford to pay and they are accusing and threatening you.

Feelgood
04-24-2009, 01:32 PM
Wanna really tweak them? If you get an IRS employee on the phone, simply ask...

"After doing some research, I have been unable to find the actual law making me liable for paying an income tax. Could you please point me to the actual law making me liable for paying an income tax? Or that makes me have to keep these records that you ask for? Or that says I have to circumvent my 5th amendment rights to you?"

Then sit back and watch the fireworks. ;)

kathy88
04-24-2009, 01:39 PM
LMAO. I wonder if they've been trained to handle those questions since the DVD made its rounds. Speaking of, I have multiple copies of From Freedom to Fascism if anyone would like one, pm me and I'll get it to you.

Jodi
04-24-2009, 03:45 PM
If you have a bank account empty it now!!!

jcarcinogen
04-24-2009, 04:57 PM
LMAO. I wonder if they've been trained to handle those questions since the DVD made its rounds. Speaking of, I have multiple copies of From Freedom to Fascism if anyone would like one, pm me and I'll get it to you.

They always snipe back with the 16th amendment.