PDA

View Full Version : Why would the GOP want a warmonger nominee?

MsDoodahs
05-16-2007, 12:01 PM
I have heard that polls show about 70% of americans want us out of Iraq.

Yet the GOP is going to nominate a warmonger.

How could such a move possibly be of ANY benefit to them?

Is the party imploding before our eyes?

Do they have control over the voting machines?

Though I hate to even entertain the thought, it has crossed my mind that the only way a GOP warmonger nominee will stand ANY chance is if there is another attack on another US city not long before the election.

Thoughts?

ButchHowdy
05-16-2007, 12:03 PM

Though I hate to even entertain the thought, it has crossed my mind that the only way a GOP warmonger nominee will stand ANY chance is if there is another attack on another US city not long before the election.

Thoughts?

A * I * P * A * C

aravoth
05-16-2007, 12:06 PM
If the GOP wan'ts to hold onto the presidency they should get Behind Paul, no other canidate will pull democrat votes over.

cujothekitten
05-16-2007, 12:06 PM
That is exactly why I think the republicans are insane for not picking up on Ron Paul. If they pick anyone else the democrats will win the election hands down. They're incredibly out of touch with the people.

I've honestly never seen such a disconnect. I'm no alarmist but it's starting to get spooky. Some of the stuff they were supporting last night terrifies me... ID cards, torture, not allowing detainee’s access to lawyers! What is going on?

MsDoodahs
05-16-2007, 12:07 PM
What's going on?

TYRANNY.

aravoth
05-16-2007, 12:08 PM
Whats going on is America is being hijacked by fascists. I wanted to puke last night when the Audience appluaded torture, what the hell have we done to ourselves?

cujothekitten
05-16-2007, 12:08 PM
By the way, did any of you catch that one guy that mentioned he didn't have foresight? How does someone become an effective president without foresight? It's like he was proud of the fact he can't see the warnings and make decisions on the information he is given.

cujothekitten
05-16-2007, 12:10 PM
Whats going on is America is being hijacked by fascists. I wanted to puke last night when the Audience appluaded torture, what the hell have we done to ourselves?

I'm always afraid of using the word fascist but damn, it's starting to look like it.

qednick
05-16-2007, 12:25 PM
Fascism?

For those who haven't seen this movie yet...

America - Freedom to Fascism (http://www.surfingtheapocalypse.tv/f2f.php)

Ron Paul is interviewed about half way through. :)

CurtisLow
05-16-2007, 12:28 PM

It's more like what was our government has done to us... Brain washed the country! The government feeds us with all kinds of crap but people with weak minds fall for it. Because they conditioned year after year being told lies.
It's people like us and Dr. Paul that see behind the governments puppet shows for what they are.. Lies, half truths and deceptions.

The truth will set us free and thats what Dr. Paul stands for! TRUTH..

Main Entry: truth
Pronunciation: 'trüth
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural truths /'trü[th]z, 'trüths/
Etymology: Middle English trewthe, from Old English trEowth fidelity; akin to Old English trEowe faithful -- more at TRUE
1 a archaic : FIDELITY, CONSTANCY b : sincerity in action, character, and utterance
2 a (1) : the state of being the case : FACT (2) : the body of real things, events, and facts : ACTUALITY (3) often capitalized : a transcendent fundamental or spiritual reality b : a judgment, proposition, or idea that is true or accepted as true <truths of thermodynamics> c : the body of true statements and propositions
3 a : the property (as of a statement) of being in accord with fact or reality b chiefly British : TRUE 2 c : fidelity to an original or to a standard
4 capitalized, Christian Science : GOD
- in truth : in accordance with fact : ACTUALLY

Horace
05-16-2007, 12:39 PM
The first reaction to getting attacked is to throw away all your liberties for the first lummox who lumbers in and promises he'll protect your children. The US hasn't had a lot of experience with being attacked, but in nearly every case (Civil War, Pearl Harbor, 9/11) we've cheered as the government established itself as a virtual dictatorship. For allegedly freedom-loving people, we're really not willing to fight very hard for liberty.

Look at the two reactions right now. The GOP Plan is to scare the hell out of everybody and put anybody who disagrees with them in prison. The Dem Plan is to change the subject and hope it will all blow over. So to speak.

Brandybuck
05-16-2007, 02:28 PM
The Dem Plan is to change the subject and hope it will all blow over.
Actually, the Dem Plan is to vote for the wars, then claim a couple years later that they got tricked and that they're really peaceniks.

Lesgov
05-16-2007, 03:43 PM

Thoughts?

Don't forget that the majority of the people have given up a long time ago. My BIL is 59 years old and has never voted. They may whine about the war, losing their jobs, and their freedom, but they're not going to do anything about it. I guess it's our job to wake them up before this place turns into a total police state.

NMCB3
05-16-2007, 03:52 PM
That is exactly why I think the republicans are insane for not picking up on Ron Paul. If they pick anyone else the democrats will win the election hands down. They're incredibly out of touch with the people.

I've honestly never seen such a disconnect. I'm no alarmist but it's starting to get spooky. Some of the stuff they were supporting last night terrifies me... ID cards, torture, not allowing detainee’s access to lawyers! What is going on?While watching the debate last night I said to my wife; "when I was in school I used to wonder how Hitler managed to transform the German people into a bunch of fascist warmongers, now I know. Talk tough and do allot of flag waving. Demonize everyone who doesn`t tow the line, and media propaganda will take care of the rest." I`ll tell you it was scary watching that, and Sam Brownback being a born again Christian yet condoning torture was more than I could take.

Bryan
05-16-2007, 04:07 PM
I literally got sick to my stomach for hours. I have never been so ashamed to be human before.

BTW-
14 Points of fascism
http://www.oldamericancentury.org/14pts.htm

Bryan
05-16-2007, 04:09 PM
While watching the debate last night I said to my wife; "when I was in school I used to wonder how Hitler managed to transform the German people into a bunch of fascist warmongers, now I know. Talk tough and do allot of flag waving. Demonize everyone who doesn`t tow the line, and media propaganda will take care of the rest." I`ll tell you it was scary watching that, and Sam Brownback being a born again Christian yet condoning torture was more than I could take.
You are absolutely right, the sad thing is people can't see it being blinded by fear and hate.

aravoth
05-16-2007, 04:11 PM
Yeah, I will say this about the debate last night. NONE of those other canidates were republican. All of them except Ron Paul belong to political party that was thrown out of power in Germany in the 1940's. Period.