PDA

View Full Version : Schiff Dissed by Freeedom Watch

He Who Pawns
04-24-2009, 08:29 AM
On his radio show Wed night, Schiff said he thought was supposed to be on this week's Freedom Watch show, and that he was actually in the city near the studio, when Freedom Watch's producer suddenly informed him that his services would not be required. http://www.ronpaulforums.com/gfx_RedWhiteBlue/icons/icon13.gif

Perhaps partially as a result, the show's ratings on youtube this week are in the toilet. Schiff alone brings a lot of traffic to those vids. He has several highly subscribed channels dedicated to him with an extremely loyal following.

IMO, Schiff should be a permanent guest or guest host with an open invitation to Freedom Watch.

LibertyEagle
04-24-2009, 08:32 AM
Oh puhleese. He's been on there very week. It's nice to hear from some different people. This isn't the Peter Schiff show, after all.

JoshLowry
04-24-2009, 08:33 AM
And instead they put in Shep Smith... That's just who I want to hear from.

That's FOX for ya...

sluggo
04-24-2009, 08:34 AM
I agree with you that Schiff needs to be a regular on the show, but I get the feeling that this week's episode was already packed with guests and there wasn't any room.

That said, I could do without the Fox personalities being booked on the show. If I wanted to see them I could just tune into Fox.

He Who Pawns
04-24-2009, 08:36 AM
Even if the show has lots of guests, Schiff should be a permanent fixture, IMO.

He brings an unparalleled expertise in economics, while the Judge brings a world-class legal perspective, and Dr Paul covers the Washington stuff.

Who is the producer? Is there someone we can email about this?

Cowlesy
04-24-2009, 08:49 AM
Was Lew Rockwell on the show this week?

He Who Pawns
04-24-2009, 08:56 AM
I also think they should change the format of the show into more of a "Fox News Sunday" or "Meet the Press" or "McLaughlin Group" kind of panel discussion - dedicated to discussing freedom issues. In the beginning, "Freedom Watch" was more like a panel show, but now the format is some kind of strange mix-up of formats.

malkusm
04-24-2009, 09:05 AM
Was Lew Rockwell on the show this week?

Negative :(

I did rather like the interview of the pastor and his lawyer, though. I could have done away with the first part and inserted Schiff and Rockwell again.

StonewallJacksonJenkins
04-24-2009, 09:08 AM
I agree. The show is going to get hijacked quicker than the tea parties if they let it.

That being said, the Judge is a bulldog and I highly doubt that Fox or anyone else is going to be able to jerk him around very much.

I also feel that Schiff is a tremendus assett to the show and he does very well in panel like discussions.

Cowlesy
04-24-2009, 09:17 AM
Negative :(

I did rather like the interview of the pastor and his lawyer, though. I could have done away with the first part and inserted Schiff and Rockwell again.

Ah okay. I just wanted to confirm that it just wasn't Peter Schiff who was bumped. It sounds like they had some last minutes changes and more than 1 guest was bumped.

MRoCkEd
04-24-2009, 09:21 AM
I agree that they should have had Schiff/Rockwell instead of Shep.
However, Shep's appearance worked out well because his "f-bomb" has garnered 200,000+ youtube hits, helping to put freedom watch a bit more in the spotlight.

Cowlesy
04-24-2009, 09:26 AM
I agree that they should have had Schiff/Rockwell instead of Shep.
However, Shep's appearance worked out well because his "f-bomb" has garnered 200,000+ youtube hits, helping to put freedom watch a bit more in the spotlight.

Good point. Perhaps people will watch it and ask, "What is Freedom Watch?"

He Who Pawns
04-24-2009, 09:28 AM
I actually think it's a great idea to bring in these big Fox names like Beck and Shep, to let them basically know that there is another kind of conservative viewpoint. You could tell that that one guy they brought in was stunned by the Judge and Shep opposing torture. He sort of had a look in his eyes like, "Oh shit, I'm not in Kansas anymore."

I think if you bring in Fox heavy hitters as part of a panel, they will slowly begin to pick up on the freedom message and it could begin to influence stuff that happens on the cable channel.

As you say, having Shep bang his fist against torture was a great moment. Can you imagine him doing that on Fox proper? It would begin to influence the neocon mentality there at Fox.

rp4prez
04-24-2009, 09:32 AM
Well I just wonder how much he really could have contributed considering they weren't really scheduled to talk about any economic topics.

MRoCkEd
04-24-2009, 09:33 AM
Imagine if they had Bill O'reilly on.. haha

jsu718
04-24-2009, 09:35 AM
The bit about Shep even made it on Colbert. Right now any extra coverage of Freedom Watch is the best thing possible for the show. Hopefully it can make it daily instead of weekly.

He Who Pawns
04-24-2009, 09:45 AM
Imagine if they had Bill O'reilly on.. haha

Yeah! :D

The beauty of it is that these Neocon-leaning guys suddenly find themselves surrounded by their fellow Fox colleagues arguing against Neocon ideas. It's a great dynamic.

mrchubbs
04-24-2009, 09:50 AM
The bit about Shep even made it on Colbert. Right now any extra coverage of Freedom Watch is the best thing possible for the show. Hopefully it can make it daily instead of weekly.

Cobert??? Really?

Is there a video of that somewhere?

Kotin
04-24-2009, 10:28 AM
I want Schiff and Cody Willard permanently on the show.

no sheep smith.

MRoCkEd
04-24-2009, 10:29 AM
Cobert??? Really?

Is there a video of that somewhere?

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/225626/april-23-2009/shepard-smith-swears

He Who Pawns
04-24-2009, 10:33 AM
I want ... and Cody Willard permanently on the show = http://www.ronpaulforums.com/gfx_RedWhiteBlue/icons/icon13.gif

No thanks. He's too frantic on the set and always interrupts people, especially Schiff. They were right to ease him off the show.

gls
04-24-2009, 10:34 AM
http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/225626/april-23-2009/shepard-smith-swears

Cool. Unfortunately he called the show "Fox's Strategy Room" instead of Freedom Watch.

TruckinMike
04-24-2009, 10:39 AM
...I think if you bring in Fox heavy hitters as part of a panel, they will slowly begin to pick up on the freedom message and it could begin to influence stuff that happens on the cable channel.

As you say, having Shep bang his fist against torture was a great moment. Can you imagine him doing that on Fox proper? It would begin to influence the neocon mentality there at Fox.

Hear Hear!

Bring'em on- Since they were conditioned like the rest of the sheep... maybe the show can help condition them back towards true conservatism. A little time with the Judge would do'em some good.

AS for Schiff, he is a real asset to the show. A permanent position on the show would be the right move.

TMike

newbitech
04-24-2009, 10:49 AM
I would love for their to be more call in stuff or more reading from comments from people.

I like that they merged in the BtM folks, I'd just like to see more discussion than reading tweets.

mrchubbs
04-24-2009, 11:17 AM

nice... thanks for the link.

Minarchy4Sale
04-24-2009, 11:23 AM
I really dont get you people who swing on schiffs nuts... Hes a self promoting hack, nothing more, nothing less.

Chase
04-24-2009, 11:26 AM
I actually think it's a great idea to bring in these big Fox names like Beck and Shep, to let them basically know that there is another kind of conservative viewpoint. You could tell that that one guy they brought in was stunned by the Judge and Shep opposing torture. He sort of had a look in his eyes like, "Oh shit, I'm not in Kansas anymore."

I think if you bring in Fox heavy hitters as part of a panel, they will slowly begin to pick up on the freedom message and it could begin to influence stuff that happens on the cable channel.

Agreed 100%. I understand why some people are very skeptical of Beck, for example, but I don't see how Shep got such a bad rap as he is a Fox news anchor, not a commentator, and it did seem like he genuinely opposes torture.

He Who Pawns
04-24-2009, 11:40 AM
I really dont get you people who swing on schiffs nuts... Hes a self promoting hack, nothing more, nothing less.

http://i39.tinypic.com/33axljr.jpg

Minarchy4Sale
04-24-2009, 11:44 AM
http://i39.tinypic.com/33axljr.jpg

LOL, you are the prime suspect!

Annihilia
04-24-2009, 11:50 AM
Agreed 100%. I understand why some people are very skeptical of Beck, for example, but I don't see how Shep got such a bad rap as he is a Fox news anchor, not a commentator, and it did seem like he genuinely opposes torture.

Shep was clearly acting. He offered no profound insight or constructive message. He literally sat there and repeated the same thing over and over like a parrot. I think the first segment hurt the show and I would be extremely surprised if it was the Judge's idea to have these morons on.

gls
04-24-2009, 11:56 AM

Are you out there every day educating millions about the Austrian school? Somehow I doubt it. In a world filled with delusional people who believe in Keynesian "economics", Schiff is a god-send.

Annihilia
04-24-2009, 11:58 AM

But he really isn't..

I was at a Euro Pacific conference that was supposed to be about protecting your wealth (through Europac), but he used the entire seminar to talk about the evils of the Fed and government spending. He didn't even bring any copies of his book to the event.

mrchubbs
04-24-2009, 12:12 PM
To look at this objectively a bit....

The show was about torture memos, secession, etc.. although they did discuss The Fed a bit during RP's portion. Schiff is a financial guy so it did make sense to not have him on the show this time.

Cody Willard wasn't the only one interrupting people on the show. Schiff has his own habit of interrupting people and talking over them when it is not even his segment. Not sure but I think it was Lew Rockwell last time...

And for some reason I was told that Lew Rockwell was scheduled to be on, then he wasn't and no mention of it. Lew also didn't post the show video I sent him this week either. Not sure why.

Enjoy.

He Who Pawns
04-24-2009, 12:27 PM
Cody Willard wasn't the only one interrupting people on the show. Schiff has his own habit of interrupting people and talking over them when it is not even his segment. Not sure but I think it was Lew Rockwell last time...

Cody was out of control with his interruptions of Schiff. I was literally yelling at my computer screen he was doing it so much. He acted like a spaz on the set, IMO.

Anyway, I guess you're the one to know the answer to this question: Is there any correlation between Schiff''s appearances on FW and higher view counts on youtube?

No1ButPaul08
04-24-2009, 01:00 PM
Fox has been playing games with Peter Schiff since September when his popularity started to skyrocket. He was on FBN once or twice a week since its inception an then all of a sudden he only comes on twice in eight months. He is actually set to be on FBN today to make 3 times.

He was also on Glenn Beck all the time on CNN and then Glenn moves to Fox and boom no Peter Schiff. I was surprised they actually let him on Freedom Watch on such a regular basis.

Even the Scumbag Mike Norman made some comment on how they don't let him on anymore. Peter also made a comment how the people at Fox didn't like Peter Schiff was right because it got picked up by a bunch of blogs who thought it exposed Fox.

Don't Tread on Mike
04-24-2009, 02:16 PM
Shep Smith was a disaster lol. But Ron Paul did an excellent job.

He Who Pawns
04-24-2009, 02:23 PM
Fox has been playing games with Peter Schiff since September when his popularity started to skyrocket. He was on FBN once or twice a week since its inception an then all of a sudden he only comes on twice in eight months. He is actually set to be on FBN today to make 3 times.

He was also on Glenn Beck all the time on CNN and then Glenn moves to Fox and boom no Peter Schiff. I was surprised they actually let him on Freedom Watch on such a regular basis.

Even the Scumbag Mike Norman made some comment on how they don't let him on anymore. Peter also made a comment how the people at Fox didn't like Peter Schiff was right because it got picked up by a bunch of blogs who thought it exposed Fox.

Yep, Peter often mentions on his radio show that he thinks Fox has somewhat blacklisted him because of the "Schiff was Right" vid, which featured several Fox clips.

Minarchy4Sale
04-24-2009, 03:39 PM
But he really isn't..

I was at a Euro Pacific conference that was supposed to be about protecting your wealth (through Europac), but he used the entire seminar to talk about the evils of the Fed and government spending. He didn't even bring any copies of his book to the event.

If that is true, then I amend my statement. He does seem awfully self-promoting, but perhaps he has some larger goals as well.

I still dont get the personality cult following him around tho.

Annihilia
04-24-2009, 04:34 PM
If that is true, then I amend my statement. He does seem awfully self-promoting, but perhaps he has some larger goals as well.

I'm not sure if it's a cult of personality. I think he is one of many great economists out there who just happens to have a solid media presence.

As far as why he gets the spotlight and people like Jim Rogers are a little less well known, I guess it's because the corporate media blasted him and outright mocked him for his predictions, then proceeded to eat their own words through the power of streaming video. People enjoy seeing that. Plus, he was RP's economic adviser.

He Who Pawns
04-24-2009, 04:41 PM
Well even more than that, peter has a great way of presenting his ideas, with excellent metaphors and a great sense of humor. 90% of people don't know jack about economics, but schiff makes it easy and interesting to understand. carl sagan did the same thing for science.

Chester Copperpot
04-24-2009, 04:50 PM
And instead they put in Shep Smith... That's just who I want to hear from.

That's FOX for ya...

did you notice the firstr 10 minutes shep was on, they were simulcasting on Fox News Television.. Maybe they were market testing..

I cant wait for it to hit regular televison.. then the floodgates are going to open big time

specsaregood
04-24-2009, 04:55 PM
Shep was clearly acting. He offered no profound insight or constructive message. He literally sat there and repeated the same thing over and over like a parrot. I think the first segment hurt the show and I would be extremely surprised if it was the Judge's idea to have these morons on.

Yes he is an actor; but good at it. Foxnews obviously considers him a big asset. Him going on freedom watch could be a sign that he wanted to do the judge a favor OR that foxnews is considering putting more resources into the show. They don't just have a guy they pay $7million a year go on the show for no reason.

For reference purposes.

The Fox Report with Shepard Smith remains the top-rated newscast in cable news and is ranked third in the top programs in cable news.[3] Shepard Smith tied for second (along with Dan Rather and Peter Jennings) most trusted news anchor on both network and cable news in a 2003 TV Guide poll.[4] In addition to anchoring Fox News Channel's flagship news program, Smith also anchors most prime time news presentations provided by Fox News for the Fox television network.

On November 19, 2007, The New York Times reported that Smith had signed a three-year contract giving him between US$7 and 8 million per year. This contract places Smith into the same pay league as anchors Brian Williams of NBC and Charles Gibson of ABC.[5]

0zzy
04-24-2009, 05:18 PM
calm downnnn geee wizzzz. shepard smith was a fine edition, just to hear what he said :O.

Trigonx
04-24-2009, 06:37 PM
did you notice the firstr 10 minutes shep was on, they were simulcasting on Fox News Television.. Maybe they were market testing..

I cant wait for it to hit regular televison.. then the floodgates are going to open big time

they simulcasted for like 2-3 min, which was after the f-bomb from Shep Smith.

itshappening
04-24-2009, 07:29 PM
they will be interviewing Karl Rove on it next...

be careful with the bait and switch routine... if they make it to TV, let us hope they continue to have Rockwell and Schiff on or it wont be as popular, they have to understand they can't just change what makes a show popular and still think it will work!

He Who Pawns
04-24-2009, 07:36 PM
who can we write at fox about this? they should make schiff permanent.

paulitics
04-24-2009, 07:59 PM
I can't think of a better way to get our message across than to debate the neocons with us holding the microphone. You may be thinking I'm crazy, but think about this from a psychological standpoint. When Sheppard shutdown that neocon the other day regarding torture, it was beautiful. The ratings of the show will not work if there is not robust debate.

They need to get Schiff next to that Laffer guy. He always makes him look like a fool.
Those are the videos that always get high ratings.

He Who Pawns
04-24-2009, 08:04 PM
I agree there should be one "sacrificial" Fox neocon on every week to get schooled. You don't want outright liberals, you want people who might have some libertarians leanings but have been bamboozled by the neocons.

reagle
04-24-2009, 08:24 PM
who can we write at fox about this? they should make schiff permanent.

Freedom Watch Show Ideas
http://freedomwatch.uservoice.com/

fj45lvr
04-24-2009, 10:32 PM
I also think they should change the format of the show into more of a "Fox News Sunday" or "Meet the Press" or "McLaughlin Group" kind of panel discussion - dedicated to discussing freedom issues. In the beginning, "Freedom Watch" was more like a panel show, but now the format is some kind of strange mix-up of formats.

well let's not be too surprised if the show starts to "morph" into NEO-Con garbage (it is on FOX news after all).....

Hopefully the judge has FULL control but somehow I doubt it.

Silver lining should be that there is no reason that Von Mises or anyone else couldn't do the same thing on the WEB/RADIO.

He Who Pawns
04-25-2009, 08:28 AM
I'm not so much worried about the show morphing into a neocon fest, I'm worried that it will simply keep struggling along not catch enough traction and views to warrant getting onto the cable channel. The format is still kind of screwy and needs to be worked out and improved.

RevolutionSD
04-25-2009, 08:51 AM
On his radio show Wed night, Schiff said he thought was supposed to be on this week's Freedom Watch show, and that he was actually in the city near the studio, when Freedom Watch's producer suddenly informed him that his services would not be required. http://www.ronpaulforums.com/gfx_RedWhiteBlue/icons/icon13.gif

Perhaps partially as a result, the show's ratings on youtube this week are in the toilet. Schiff alone brings a lot of traffic to those vids. He has several highly subscribed channels dedicated to him with an extremely loyal following.

IMO, Schiff should be a permanent guest or guest host with an open invitation to Freedom Watch.

Schiff is one of the main reasons I watch the show.

Why would I spend my time watching Shep Smith? He's not going to tell me anything new or different, just because he's passionate!

Minarchy4Sale
04-25-2009, 09:19 AM
Schiff is one of the main reasons I watch the show.

Why would I spend my time watching Shep Smith? He's not going to tell me anything new or different, just because he's passionate!

Bah. I purposely avoid watching schiff because I already know what he is gonna say, and his demeanor annoys me. It must be an east coast thing.

I find what judge napolitano comes up with to be way more interesting and thought provoking.

HOLLYWOOD
04-25-2009, 09:26 AM
Tax Hike Mike Huckleberry...

How's that's panderer doing on the tube?

RonPaulwillWin
04-25-2009, 10:17 AM
Oh puhleese. He's been on there very week. It's nice to hear from some different people. This isn't the Peter Schiff show, after all.

I wouldn't mind the Schiff and Paul show.

Captain America
04-25-2009, 10:51 AM
Schiff should be a permanent fixture, this is the first weeki lost interest in the show and didnt pay much attention.

He Who Pawns
04-25-2009, 01:54 PM
Schiff should be a permanent fixture, this is the first weeki lost interest in the show and didnt pay much attention.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/gfx_RedWhiteBlue/icons/icon14.gif http://www.ronpaulforums.com/gfx_RedWhiteBlue/icons/icon14.gif

itshappening
04-25-2009, 08:15 PM
I'm not so much worried about the show morphing into a neocon fest, I'm worried that it will simply keep struggling along not catch enough traction and views to warrant getting onto the cable channel. The format is still kind of screwy and needs to be worked out and improved.

what do they need to do? it basically follows a talk radio type format... I guess they could tidy up the studio and set but what else can they do ??

He Who Pawns
04-25-2009, 08:26 PM
get a decent, consistent format.

haaaylee
04-25-2009, 09:07 PM

From what i have seen, it is usually someone else mentioning his book in an introduction versus him.

& I love Schiff, but i second the hypocrisy on hating on Cody Willard but loving on Peter. They both get excited and want to make points. Might be rude, but at least they are passionate. . .

FSP-Rebel
04-26-2009, 02:13 PM
I like Schiff but I don't need to see him every show. They need to cover freedom across the board and there's plenty of pro-liberty folks out there that should be seen by our movement. I doubt Fox will put Freedom Watch into their channel's rotation if it only has a handful of guests.