PDA

View Full Version : Why is everyone except Ron Paul so dumb? Look at this:

rodent
09-19-2007, 09:19 AM

Mordechai Vanunu
09-19-2007, 09:21 AM
I think they are corrupt, not stupid. It doesn't harm them personally so they don't care.

rodent
09-19-2007, 09:26 AM
I think they are corrupt, not stupid. It doesn't harm them personally so they don't care.

It does harm them personally, though. Their purchasing power and their country goes to hell also. Members of Congress are bought and paid for, but generally have less influence than, say, a senator or a president. If the dollar breaks, they will all pay the price.

If I were to make a constitutional ammendment, I'd force politicians to have some training in economics. The bottom of that article suggests that they are trying to grow their way out the war in Iraq, but they aren't growing their way out by a longshot.

mavtek
09-19-2007, 09:30 AM
If the dollar breaks they don't really pay the price. Remember they hold so many investment outlets. Gold, Silver, foreign currency. They are diversified, also keep in mind in some instances a weak dollar can help some of them.

At least some of the lobbyist who have them in their back pocket anyway.

I think we need to start realizing pretty god damn fast, that not all this shit these "leaders" do can be blamed on stupidity!

Perry
09-19-2007, 09:31 AM
Why do these buffoons think raising the debt limit makes sense? If you were a credit card company and you were getting the minimum payment on your balance for 20 years and knew that person was on welfare, would you raise their credit limit?

Please wake up Congress!!!!!!

:mad:

The answer is yes. The reason being that if my company folds i can simply file for bankruptcy, let the American people shoulder the debt and walk away a rich man.

eleganz
09-19-2007, 10:06 AM
I really fear for this country.

I know this might be the more difficult thing to do but why don't they try focusing on making things better, not worse?