PDA

View Full Version : Just Called National LP in Washington..GOOD NEWS!

tonesforjonesbones
04-24-2009, 07:37 AM
I just got off the phone with LP headquarters in Washington. The man I spoke with said that LP membership is UP this month due to TEA PARTIES! He said both democrats AND republicans are defecting from their parties and joining the Libertarian Party...

He also said they are working VERY closely with Glenn Beck (he says is a good friend) AND Judge Napolitano...and Fox News...I asked him if they thought Beck was "blowing smoke" and he said NO WAY..not at all.

He said that the National LP just sent out email blasts to all their members to call their congress people to support RP's HR 1207..they are pushing it big time.

He also said that Barr and Dr. Paul have meetings all the time.

So, we don't need to fear that Glenn Beck is insincere...the LP headquarters say he is doing great work!

This is very very good news! TONES

tonesforjonesbones
04-24-2009, 08:10 AM
you can call them and ask them...tones

LibertyEagle
04-24-2009, 08:15 AM
So what does this mean? Now, we can just leave it all up to them and continue to sit on our asses?

BTW, I'm glad Beck has some of our guys on and all, but I don't need find the need to worship him. In addition to our guys, he also has people on his show like Oliver North, Karl Rove, etc. and the last show I saw, he was incorrectly pushing the viewpoint that all the people in the so-called secret prisons were picked up on the battlefield. That is a complete lie, but because 'ol Beck said it, the masses will believe it and thus, not think it necessary for them to have a trial.

Secondly, I don't trust the national LP much more than I do the national RP. But, that's just me.

acptulsa
04-24-2009, 08:17 AM
It means the people who pushed Barr on us gave her permission to worship Glen Beck.

paulitics
04-24-2009, 08:19 AM
I just got off the phone with LP headquarters in Washington. The man I spoke with said that LP membership is UP this month due to TEA PARTIES! He said both democrats AND republicans are defecting from their parties and joining the Libertarian Party...

He also said they are working VERY closely with Glenn Beck (he says is a good friend) AND Judge Napolitano...and Fox News...I asked him if they thought Beck was "blowing smoke" and he said NO WAY..not at all.

He said that the National LP just sent out email blasts to all their members to call their congress people to support RP's HR 1207..they are pushing it big time.

So, we don't need to fear that Glenn Beck is insincere...the LP headquarters say he is doing great work!

Good. We need to get someone in touch with Beck to start pushing the "Audit the Fed" bill. I'm also glad Barr and Paul have patched things up.

tonesforjonesbones
04-24-2009, 08:20 AM
It means that Libertarian Party membership is UP. It means that they are working with Fox News, Beck and Napolitano, it means that republicans and democrats are defecting from their parties and joining the LP. It means that the LP is pushing HR 1207. It means that Freedom is Popular! YAY! tones

tonesforjonesbones
04-24-2009, 08:22 AM
Liberty Eagle...werent' some of you just whining about naysayers? Hmmmm....TONES

Elwar
04-24-2009, 08:24 AM
I just got off the phone with LP headquarters in Washington.

You just got off of the phone with them at 7:30 AM EST?

Ok, nevermind...looks like the time on this site is screwy.

pcosmar
04-24-2009, 08:26 AM
Oh Goody.
I guess that means that Faux Snooze is no longer a Propaganda (http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Propaganda) outlet.

I guess they have dropped their membership in the CFR, and can now be trusted to present the news without bias.

Yay, we're saved!!

/sarcasm
:rolleyes:

tonesforjonesbones
04-24-2009, 08:26 AM
well..I am in central time...and it is 9:57 am here...I called them about 30 minutes ago..and if you don't believe me call them yourself. tones

tonesforjonesbones
04-24-2009, 08:28 AM
I guess Glenn Beck can only control so much...If some of the things he is saying is bringing people to the libertarian viewpoint...I am thanking God. tones

Elwar
04-24-2009, 08:29 AM
..and if you don't believe me call them yourself. tones

No, I believe ya...just for some reason my page showed you posting that at 7:37...which would have been strange.

LibertyEagle
04-24-2009, 08:31 AM
Liberty Eagle...werent' some of you just whining about naysayers? Hmmmm....TONES

Touche.

It just seemed to me as yet another plea to trust everyone else to do our jobs for us.

tonesforjonesbones
04-24-2009, 08:38 AM
No of course not...but it does help that folks with big email lists will send the info out. tones

He Who Pawns
04-24-2009, 08:40 AM
This is great news. I hope the LP can adapt itself and become more mainstream, in order to bring in defecting GOPers.

If not, a new party will have to be formed to sweep out all the craziness and infighting that has taken place in the LP over the years. It's time for them to get their act together and prepare to be a legit 3rd party with broader appeal.

When LP members sit around arguing endlessly about whether there should be local fire departments or whatever, it makes them a party that can never appeal to the masses.

RevolutionSD
04-24-2009, 08:45 AM

We don't need to fear that Glenn Beck is insincere?
Did he drop his war mongering and call for the withdrawal of all U.S. troops or something?

Great, now we have Bob Barr (let's just lower the tax rate) and Glenn Beck (let's kill brown people) taking over the LP. Next thing you know, Hannity himself will publicly declare himself a Libertarian, since they agree with him on everything!

The LP is dead, forgetaboutit!

tonesforjonesbones
04-24-2009, 08:46 AM
lol that's true..fighting about fire departments. lol. I am with you Pawns...i know this will not set well with the purists, but the LP CAN become a major player in the game..and I honestly think it is. WE NEED MORE THAN TWO PARTIES! I am opitmistic. tones

tonesforjonesbones
04-24-2009, 08:49 AM
Well...no pouting allowed Revolutionsd. I am thrilled that our LP numbers are growing..absolutely thrilled! Don't we want the liberty movement to grow? I know I do! Isn't this what we have been working for? Shall we throw Ron Paul's 20 years of fighting for liberty under the bus? We can strive for perfection...but the only perfection was resurrected 2000 years ago. tones

weslinder
04-24-2009, 08:49 AM
Oh Goody.
I guess that means that Faux Snooze is no longer a Propaganda (http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Propaganda) outlet.

I guess they have dropped their membership in the CFR, and can now be trusted to present the news without bias.

Yay, we're saved!!

/sarcasm
:rolleyes:

Maybe they're working their way to being a corporatist shill for the Libertarian Party.:confused:

tonesforjonesbones
04-24-2009, 08:53 AM
I believe there has been a paradigm shift..and I'd like to believe it is due to OUR efforts. Perhaps Fox HAS taken into consideration that there is a growing legitimate Liberty movement (which there is) and they want to cap in on the viewers. Hate it or not..Fox is the ONLY news station leaning our way. Cnn? NOPE and certainly not msnbc...so..don't look a gift horse in the mouth. Hey, so if they aren't sincere..but only want to improve ratings...the message is STILL being reached by millions..and perhaps a few hundred thousand will dig deeper. I believe this is the truth. I am excited. Tones

slacker921
04-24-2009, 08:54 AM
quick check of the voter registration in NC...

11/15/2008 Democratic: 2,871,642 Republican: 2,005,257 Libertarian: 3,701 Unaffiliated: 1,396,169 Total: 6,276,769
01/13/2009 Democratic: 2,865,210 Republican: 2,002,318 Libertarian: 4,258 Unaffiliated: 1,404,144 Total: 6,275,930
03/02/2009 Democratic: 2,796,517 Republican: 1,951,134 Libertarian: 4,569 Unaffiliated: 1,366,023 Total: 6,118,243
04/24/2009 Democratic: 2,783,438 Republican: 1,942,840 Libertarian: 4,856 Unaffiliated: 1,363,675 Total: 6,094,809

RevolutionSD
04-24-2009, 09:02 AM
Well...no pouting allowed Revolutionsd. I am thrilled that our LP numbers are growing..absolutely thrilled! Don't we want the liberty movement to grow? I know I do! Isn't this what we have been working for? Shall we throw Ron Paul's 20 years of fighting for liberty under the bus? We can strive for perfection...but the only perfection was resurrected 2000 years ago. tones

You're basically saying to drop our principles in favor of the LP.

This has nothing to do with advancing the cause of liberty, and everything to do with advancing the Libertarian Party. No thanks!

reduen
04-24-2009, 09:07 AM
From the outside looking in, I have no clue how the LP accepted Barr as a candidate!?!? His past voting record has been terrible when compared to what the LP says they stand for.....:confused:

You people call us "Conservative Christians":rolleyes: sheep....

reduen
04-24-2009, 09:09 AM
If the LP is the cats meow, why is it that Ron Paul is a Republican...?

shenlu54
04-24-2009, 09:38 AM
My question is,when those Republicans turn into Libertarians,how can LP survive?

dr. hfn
04-24-2009, 09:43 AM
LP is another tool in our revolutionary toolkit!

max
04-24-2009, 09:44 AM
It is welcome news, but I'm always reluctant to trust ANY party structure because parties are corruptible. Remember, the GOP was once a libertarian party. Then they squeezed out men like good men like Taft and Ron Paul.

Beck and Barr types are pro-war...and that will never be compatible with true libertarianism. An influx of ex neo-cons who arent truly converted could be a bad thing.

Abolition of the FED, the IRS, and a total end of America's foreign Empire must not be compromised upon.

torchbearer
04-24-2009, 09:54 AM
If the LP is the cats meow, why is it that Ron Paul is a Republican...?

techincally he is still a member of the Libertarian Party.
I am also apart of both parties.
You know you can be a member of both

christagious
04-24-2009, 09:58 AM
It is welcome news, but I'm always reluctant to trust ANY party structure because parties are corruptible. Remember, the GOP was once a libertarian party. Then they squeezed out men like good men like Taft and Ron Paul.

Beck and Barr types are pro-war...and that will never be compatible with true libertarianism. An influx of ex neo-cons who arent truly converted could be a bad thing.

Abolition of the FED, the IRS, and a total end of America's foreign Empire must not be compromised upon.

My thoughts exactly. I'm afraid that the LP will become corrupt with Beck and Fox News supporting it. Fox News is in it for the interest of the American people or liberty, they are in it for the same reasons the other news outlets are in it for, advancing the elites' plans. Fox News and Beck and Hannity never cared that Bush tripled the size of government, but now that Obama is flexing the government muscle that Bush handed over to him, it is all of a sudden tyranny although tyranny has existed in this country for a lot longer than January 20, 2009. If they start supporting the LP, we'll just see them supporting big government as long as it is under the Libertarians. I want to see the good in this but I'm afraid that these guys will destroy the LP by infiltrating it with neocons, which may very well be their plan, destroy us from within to advance tyranny. The guys in charge of the LP may be very excited about the support because if they're like Ron Paul's campaign, they may be naive about some things.

I guess we'll see how this all unfolds, we need to hold everyone's feet under the fire and examine everything under a magnifying glass with a fine tooth comb before throwing our support behind all of this.

Agent CSL
04-24-2009, 10:05 AM
Be careful. I support the LP, but the prospect of a party (group) of individual-minded thinkers seems unnecessary and hypocritical. I'm not trying to badmouth the LP, they will try their best in the way they think is possible. Just be careful.

reduen
04-24-2009, 10:06 AM
techincally he is still a member of the Libertarian Party.
I am also apart of both parties.
You know you can be a member of both

"I am also apart of both parties."

"You know you can be a member of both"

Are you a part or apart? Is this statment a question or both? :)

torchbearer
04-24-2009, 10:08 AM
"I am also apart of both parties."

"You know you can be a member of both"

Are you a part or apart? Is this statment a question or both? :)

an enigma that will haunt you the rest of your life.

reduen
04-24-2009, 10:13 AM

Is Dr. Paul a registered member of the LP? I haven't found an official list yet...

reduen
04-24-2009, 10:14 AM
//

acptulsa
04-24-2009, 10:17 AM
Is Dr. Paul a registered member of the LP? I haven't found an official list yet...

Honorary member for life.

reduen
04-24-2009, 10:19 AM

Nope, I am over it already.....

torchbearer
04-24-2009, 10:20 AM

He is a member for life.
You usually achieve this by donating a large amount of money.
But he could have gotten it for running as the LP presidential candidate.
He never revoked that membership, and in interviews has still claimed that membership.

torchbearer
04-24-2009, 10:20 AM
Nope, I am over it already.....

I guess it really wasn't that important then.

reduen
04-24-2009, 10:31 AM

So now only important things need be posted in these forums..? Would that not eliminate half the posts in here?

I figured that I knew what you meant but one can never be too sure in here.

If it was a question, I would have to answer I don't know. I am not sure whether being a member of one would automatically disqualify you from membership of another.

Ex: If one is a registered Democrat can they also be a registered Republican?

If it is a statement, I would have to answer no....

torchbearer
04-24-2009, 10:54 AM
So now only important things need be posted in these forums..? Would that not eliminate half the posts in here?

huh? where did this come from?

If it was a question, I would have to answer I don't know. I am not sure whether being a member of one would automatically disqualify you from membership of another.

Ex: If one is a registered Democrat can they also be a registered Republican?

If it is a statement, I would have to answer no....

being registered and being a member are totally different matters.
You can be a member of both parties, you can only be registered to vote in one.

reduen
04-24-2009, 11:34 AM

An enigma that will haunt you the rest of your life…. ;)

torchbearer
04-24-2009, 11:36 AM
An enigma that will haunt you the rest of your life…. ;)

that's what I said.

tonesforjonesbones
04-24-2009, 12:24 PM
well if you can be a member of more than one party...how do they list it on the voter registration card? I would if I could ..be in Gop and LP.

I suppose all parties can be corrupted...for sure..but I am trying to remain positive.

I beg to differ with the poster about Glenn Beck. I remember when he started rafting towards libertarianism..matter of fact , when he did that hour long interview with Ron Paul during the primary...he was right in line with Dr. Paul economically...and Beck is now ever further along in his conversion. I guess his 10 million dollar contract has some fine print ...and he can only do/say so much. Reagan said if he agreed with 80% of what someone believed...they were his friend. I'll take 80%. tones

torchbearer
04-24-2009, 12:31 PM
well if you can be a member of more than one party...how do they list it on the voter registration card? I would if I could ..be in Gop and LP.

I suppose all parties can be corrupted...for sure..but I am trying to remain positive.

I beg to differ with the poster about Glenn Beck. I remember when he started rafting towards libertarianism..matter of fact , when he did that hour long interview with Ron Paul during the primary...he was right in line with Dr. Paul economically...and Beck is now ever further along in his conversion. I guess his 10 million dollar contract has some fine print ...and he can only do/say so much. Reagan said if he agreed with 80% of what someone believed...they were his friend. I'll take 80%. tones

you can be a member of the LP and registered to vote in the GOP.

tonesforjonesbones
04-24-2009, 12:46 PM
oh that's interesting..I'll look into it. tones

kathy88
04-24-2009, 12:50 PM
it means the people who pushed barr on us gave her permission to worship glen beck.

this

silverhawks
04-24-2009, 01:25 PM
I guess Glenn Beck can only control so much...If some of the things he is saying is bringing people to the libertarian viewpoint...I am thanking God. tones

Tones, don't get me wrong, I like your optimism. But here's my reservation.

WHO is it bringing en masse to the libertarian viewpoint?

After all, the Republican party had different views before the neo-cons showed up - and Beck's version of "libertarianism" includes high defense spending and pre-emptive war...I wouldn't be surprised at all to see the warhawks leaping over to the LP, speaking just enough Constitutional language to impress people...and the next thing we know, Mark Sanford or Newt Gingrich is the Libertarian candidate in 2012.

And Fox News now backing the LP? That is the definition of a Faustian media deal. It says more about the national LP than it does about Fox, since we know for a fact that Fox are about as "fair and balanced" as Charles Manson. For the LP to consider jumping in bed with that smacks of them selling out their principles through a desperate need for press coverage.

torchbearer
04-24-2009, 01:28 PM
Tones, don't get me wrong, I like your optimism. But here's my reservation.

WHO is it bringing en masse to the libertarian viewpoint?

After all, the Republican party had different views before the neo-cons showed up - and Beck's version of libertarianism includes high defense spending and pre-emptive war...I wouldn't be surprised at all to see the warhawks leaping over to the LP, speaking just enough Constitutional language to impress people...and the next thing we know, Mark Sanford or Newt Gingrich is the Libertarian candidate in 2012.

in order for the LP to grow it was going to have to bring in people who were not formerly in the party... meaning the people would have to be "former neocons", "former liberals", "former apathetics", "former douchebags", etc.
Either you keep it small and "pure" and inconsequential... or you open your doors to people who have a 'change of heart'.
If you don't take the risk, there can be no reward.

silverhawks
04-24-2009, 01:33 PM
in order for the LP to grow it was going to have to bring in people who were not formerly in the party... meaning the people would have to be "former neocons", "former liberals", "former apathetics", "former douchebags", etc.
Either you keep it small and "pure" and inconsequential... or you open your doors to people who have a 'change of heart'.
If you don't take the risk, there can be no reward.

I agree with you, Torchbearer, but I don't see "Fox Libertarianism" as promoting a change of heart, merely a change of name.

It's not neo-conservatism any more, it's being rebranded as "new libertarianism".

torchbearer
04-24-2009, 01:34 PM
I agree with you, Torchbearer, but I don't see "Fox Libertarianism" as promoting a change of heart, merely a change of name.

It's not neo-conservatism any more, it's being rebranded as "new libertarianism".

this just means that you best show up to the national convention to make sure vetted libertarians remain on the central committee.

tonesforjonesbones
04-24-2009, 02:28 PM
Yes there ya go...I get the feeling from the libertarians in my state..the ones higher up the chain..they are embracing converts. I guess they should be "spark plugs" first ...and gradually move up. I agree that they must be vetted and carefully watched because the communists infiltrated and took over the democrats first and then the republicans. They probably WOULD try to infiltrate the LP and take it over if they consider it to become a threat. We do have to take a chance...but be vigilent. tones

tonesforjonesbones
04-24-2009, 02:30 PM
I didn't not get the feeling that Bob Barr was for wars and big government...he preached against pre emptive strikes..etc. He talked about closing the foreign bases and not giving away our dough. People can have a change of heart..I know I did. tones

tonesforjonesbones
04-24-2009, 02:32 PM
Personally, I consider the LP should focus on local and state elections rather than national...once we get a good foundation, and lots of libertarians ...there will be more chance to succeed at national. tones

heavenlyboy34
04-24-2009, 02:38 PM
read over the thread....I'm cautiously optimistic. :o I don't foresee any real change coming from a top-down or partisan approach, but it's a nice change of pace. :)

Volitzer
04-24-2009, 02:40 PM

You had me convinced until you said Glenn Beck. That is the big problem with the Libertarian party, for all the true patriotic members you have your CFR elements that are working to undermine its success.

I hope Ron Paul runs on the Libertarian Party ticket in 2012 but seriously you need to get out the CFR elements infiltrating the Libertarian Party.

tonesforjonesbones
04-24-2009, 02:43 PM
Is Glenn Beck in CFR? Now here's a real trip...Neal Boortz who is supposed to be a libertarian, is always giving kudo's to Gingrich. I can't figure that one out. I don't trust Boortz so much. tones

The_Producer
04-24-2009, 03:20 PM
Hey guys, it's Austin from the LP. Thank you for the kind words, and the criticisms. What Tonesforbones said is accurate. There are lots of exciting things happening in Washington. The office is filling up with bright young hardworking interns who are fighting for liberty. I'm working hard to make my corner of the LP (volunteerism) something that I believe would make Ron Paul proud if he knew what we were doing. I always need more freedom fighters so please register to volunteer www.lp.org/volunteer

Free until further notice,

Austin Petersen
Director Of Outreach

Restore Economic Prosperity.
Support HR 1207

tonesforjonesbones
04-24-2009, 03:41 PM
Wow..I conjured him up with that phone call this morning. HEY AUSTIN..I volunteer. tones

tonesforjonesbones
04-24-2009, 03:46 PM
bump

tonesforjonesbones
04-24-2009, 05:04 PM

BKV
04-24-2009, 05:39 PM
So what does this mean? Now, we can just leave it all up to them and continue to sit on our asses?

Exactly! Where else did Ron Paul get all his support last year!

BTW, I'm glad Beck has some of our guys on and all, but I don't need find the need to worship him. In addition to our guys, he also has people on his show like Oliver North, Karl Rove, etc. and the last show I saw, he was incorrectly pushing the viewpoint that all the people in the so-called secret prisons were picked up on the battlefield. That is a complete lie, but because 'ol Beck said it, the masses will believe it and thus, not think it necessary for them to have a trial.

Yep, the media fools some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, which is why we need them to tell good lies for good reasons.

Secondly, I don't trust the national LP much more than I do the national RP. But, that's just me.

I heard you the first time :)

pacelli
04-24-2009, 05:45 PM
It means the people who pushed Barr on us gave her permission to worship Glen Beck.

Exactly. Tones, there seems to be this pattern where you seem to rationalize supporting some pseudomainstream trend bucker, i.e. the underdog. Remember Palin? How about Beck? Because some goon at LP HQ tells you "the inside track", you all of a sudden are fully behind LP HQ?

Who do you think the LP will nominate as their presidential nominee in 2012? Membership is up-- big deal. Lots of time for those new members to re-declare repub or dem before 2012.

EDIT-- I didn't read your subsequent responses in the thread before posting this, so please don't feel as though you have to respond directly to my ramblings, and I'm sorry if I came off as overly caustic.

torchbearer
04-24-2009, 05:46 PM
Who do you think the LP will nominate as their presidential nominee in 2012? Membership is up-- big deal. Lots of time for those new members to re-declare repub or dem before 2012.

I predict Mary Ruwart if she seeks it.

Bill M DC
04-27-2009, 05:49 PM
Step by step, rung by rung... Keep your friends close and your enemies (reformed or not) closer...

Trust is a hard earned thing.

Let's not relax for a moment, there's too much at stake and the enemy is all too aware of that fact. Don't see them taking a vacation!

tonesforjonesbones
04-27-2009, 06:20 PM
I hope ya'll read Austin Petersens post on this thread....(from LP Headquarters...he visited us..and made a comment) tONES

muzzled dogg
04-27-2009, 07:00 PM
/me yawns

kathy88
04-27-2009, 07:41 PM
Hey guys, it's Austin from the LP. Thank you for the kind words, and the criticisms. What Tonesforbones said is accurate. There are lots of exciting things happening in Washington. The office is filling up with bright young hardworking interns who are fighting for liberty. I'm working hard to make my corner of the LP (volunteerism) something that I believe would make Ron Paul proud if he knew what we were doing. I always need more freedom fighters so please register to volunteer www.lp.org/volunteer

Free until further notice,

Austin Petersen
Director Of Outreach

Restore Economic Prosperity.
Support HR 1207

Hey Austin. I was a Registered Libertarian from 1984 until 2008. I never in that 24 years received a piece of literature from the LP. Why is that?