PDA

View Full Version : Imp call to action to restore Habeas corpus.

paulitics
09-19-2007, 08:33 AM
Let your voice be heard loud and clear on this important issue. Call these senators who are on the fence.

http://restore-habeas.org/whip/total.php

Mordechai Vanunu
09-19-2007, 08:36 AM
Even if this got passed Bush would veto it with some explanation relating to anti-terrorism. No way the divided Senate would be able to get a 2/3 override vote.

The only way is to impeach Bush. Most Americans would support it but Congress won't do it. This should be a mainstream view by now.

paulitics
09-19-2007, 08:51 AM
Even if this got passed Bush would veto it with some explanation relating to anti-terrorism. No way the divided Senate would be able to get a 2/3 override vote.

The only way is to impeach Bush. Most Americans would support it but Congress won't do it. This should be a mainstream view by now.

Yeah, but its important for our voices to be heard. We should not embolden the enemy by being silent. Let the traitor(s) be known.

and there is a chance it can be overrided. There are some republicans voting against this fillibuster. If this fillibuster goes down, then there is a chance that a few more votes can override Bush.

Mordechai Vanunu
09-19-2007, 08:54 AM
My Senators are Stabenow and Levin, who are marked yes, but I'll contact them anyway.

nullvalu
09-19-2007, 09:08 AM
called my senator who's on the fence.