PDA

View Full Version : Alicia Healy is a rising star in the Liberty Movement! [Video]

FrankRep
04-23-2009, 09:37 AM
Alicia Healy, speaks at the Columbus Tea Party

Alicia Healy for Columbus City Council
http://www.VoteAliciaHealy.com/

YouTube - Alicia Healy, Candidate at Columbus Tea Party (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6OCg1UuakA)

sluggo
04-23-2009, 10:08 AM
Wait a minute...... I thought these Tea Parties were actually White Power rallies. That's what Janeane Garofalo said. She wouldn't lie.

coyote_sprit
04-23-2009, 10:10 AM
Wait a minute...... I thought these Tea Parties were actually White Power rallies. That's what Janeane Garofalo said. She wouldn't lie.

They are White Power rallies why do you think Healy attended.:rolleyes:

thasre
04-23-2009, 11:30 AM

Healy's suffering from Stockholm syndrome you right-wing racist terrorist dumbass hick.

Did I give you all the appropriate Garofalo insults? Maybe I should include "homophobe"?

sluggo
04-23-2009, 11:35 AM
Make a snide comment about my "limbic brain" and you might be getting somewhere.

thasre
04-23-2009, 11:41 AM
I have to say that that was a good speech, though. Nothing I haven't heard before, but probably something a lot of people still needed to hear. I like her.

thasre
04-23-2009, 11:44 AM
Make a snide comment about my "limbic brain" and you might be getting somewhere.

Damn, I forgot about the part where you're all just pathologically inferior as far as mental processing goes...

FrankRep
04-23-2009, 12:17 PM

Alicia may just disagree with Janeane Garofalo. :cool:
http://www.votealiciahealy.com/a1good.jpg

reduen
04-23-2009, 12:21 PM
You go girl...! I like her.:)

Knightskye
04-23-2009, 01:09 PM
What did Glenn Beck say about "conservative black people"? :D

City Council? She needs to run for Congress.

He Who Pawns
04-23-2009, 03:10 PM
Decent speech. Nothing special. I really don't see anything in this speech that makes her stand out against any other random libertarian speaker.

CaseyJones
04-23-2009, 03:18 PM
Decent speech. Nothing special. I really don't see anything in this speech that makes her stand out against any other random libertarian speaker.

Maybe it's the crowd around her paying attention?

He Who Pawns
04-23-2009, 03:37 PM
And how many other speakers were there that day? Why aren't their videos being posted here as "rising stars"? That speech she made was nothing special at all. It wasn't even delivered that well.

What am I missing here?

sratiug
04-23-2009, 04:54 PM
And how many other speakers were there that day? Why aren't their videos being posted here as "rising stars"? That speech she made was nothing special at all. It wasn't even delivered that well.

What am I missing here?

Where's your speech?

He Who Pawns
04-23-2009, 05:32 PM
Where's your speech?

I'm not claiming to be a "rising star" in the liberty movement. Can ANYONE answer for me what part of this speech is so great? :confused:

TheTyke
04-23-2009, 10:17 PM
Well, she went after the Federal Reserve and pointed out that the US is a Republic, a fact lost on most of Americans. Additionally, she is making the sacrifice of running for public office... more than I've done so far! :)

mstrmac1
04-23-2009, 10:26 PM
here is what strikes me ... with all the support and talk about ending the fed, why is it OHIO has not ONE congressmen to support H.R. 1207? Thats what we should talk about!!

thasre
04-23-2009, 10:31 PM
Maybe it's the crowd around her paying attention?

This

He Who Pawns
04-23-2009, 10:34 PM
Well, she went after the Federal Reserve and pointed out that the US is a Republic, a fact lost on most of Americans. Additionally, she is making the sacrifice of running for public office... more than I've done so far! :)

wow she dissed the fed and "pointed out that the US is a republic". WOW! amazing, amazing! what an amazing speaker. she must be a "rising star" in that case! :rolleyes:

give me a break. if she's a rising star, then so is every other person who makes basic, simple speeches about liberty. the LP has thousands of local candidates who give speeches just like this. are they rising stars?

i'm totally baffled as to why someone thinks she's an instant "star."

can anyone explain? this speech was okay, but didn't "dazzle" me in the least.

Bryan
04-23-2009, 11:01 PM
What am I missing here?
Everything except for one speech. :)

Yes, the material was straight forward for us liberty types, but her assembly of words and arguments, as well as her presentation can make the message ring true for a wide array of people. That isn't standard fair.

I like her.

Carole
04-23-2009, 11:07 PM
Alicia Healy, speaks at the Columbus Tea Party

Alicia Healy for Columbus City Council
http://www.VoteAliciaHealy.com/

YouTube - Alicia Healy, Candidate at Columbus Tea Party (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6OCg1UuakA)

Nice job Alicia Healy. :D

He Who Pawns
04-23-2009, 11:17 PM
That was great.

She's a star because shes a new face for the liberty movement, a black woman standing up for freedom...

Libertarians do not view people according to race but as individuals - and only strictly on individual merit. :mad:

Your comment is very disturbing. http://www.ronpaulforums.com/gfx_RedWhiteBlue/icons/icon13.gif

Ask the republicans how well racial identity politics works - look at that POS Michael "Aluminum" Steele they got stuck with for trying to play that game.

angelatc
04-24-2009, 07:55 AM
Alicia may just disagree with Janeane Garofalo. :cool:
http://www.votealiciahealy.com/a1good.jpg

Obviously she hates herself.

angelatc
04-24-2009, 07:58 AM
Ohhh please, we wouldn't be talking about her if she wasn't A) a woman B) black. If she was just another male Ron Paul supporter its the norm.

If she doesn't do it for you, freaking move along already! Stop raining on our parade, Debbie Downer!

We should have a mini money bomb for her in your sorry honor.

He Who Pawns
04-24-2009, 08:18 AM
Ohhh please, we wouldn't be talking about her if she wasn't A) a woman B) black. If she was just another male Ron Paul supporter its the norm.

Well that's my point! It's very big mistake to pluck someone out of the crowd because of their race and declare them a "star" - as this thread's title does.

That's why I asked if she was being exalted due to merit?

Now, listen, I don't know this woman at all. She might be the greatest thing since sliced bread. And if she is, she deserves the status of rising star. I was just pointing out that the speech posted is good, but not great by any means.

Let's learn some more about her. More links are needed, please.

Bryan
04-24-2009, 09:20 AM
I wanted to point out to everyone the following forum guidelines:

+ If you are to be critical of another users ideas or message please do so in a respectful manner.
+ No excessive / pointless negativity on the campaign, its future or elements of it.

These apply here. This doesn't mean there is no room for discussion, debate or health conversation, but be respectful. Keep in mind that "rising star" is a relative term- I see little fruit in attacking semantics, what is a "rising star" to one of us many not be to another. For me, I see many of you as rising stars for liberty. :)

Also, I'd suggest some perspective- she is running for City Council, not the POTUS. We need to encourage people to take steps forward, and she is doing so.

Certainly asking for more information is fair game, but again this is City Council, not the POTUS. Be sure to not miss the campaign site in the OP: http://www.votealiciahealy.com

I like angelatc idea of a mini money bomb. Also- I have some family in Columbus, I will be getting them these links.

Cheers! :)

LittleLightShining
04-24-2009, 03:26 PM
Everything except for one speech. :)

Yes, the material was straight forward for us liberty types, but her assembly of words and arguments, as well as her presentation can make the message ring true for a wide array of people. That isn't standard fair.

I like her.My thoughts exactly.

RCA
04-26-2009, 02:08 PM
me likes