PDA

View Full Version : What are we waiting for?

MsDoodahs
04-23-2009, 07:32 AM
What the hell is WRONG with us?

Why are we sitting on our collective arses WAITING for 2010 or 2012?

WE HAVE WORK TO DO, PEOPLE!

H.R. 1207 needs more cosponsors.

IT IS OUR JOB TO GET THOSE COSPONSORS!

Seriously.

What are the steps YOU - YES THIS MEANS YOU - can take (and I am certainly no expert, so y'all jump in with more ideas - we are nothing if not the best idea hatchery on the net. ;))

1. Find out if your representative has signed on as a co-sponsor. If not, then...

2. Call your representative. (I called his local office, was referred to the DC office, and ended up speaking with a "legislative analyst" or maybe it was "assisstant" - the one who handles economics/bailout issues. :))

3. Ask the legislative analyst/assistant if he has even HEARD of H.R. 1207. If not, tell him to look it up because you want to discuss it. Tell him SEE HOW SIMPLE THIS IS TO UNDERSTAND? I want my critter on as a co-sponsor. What do WE do to make that happen? :) (Fake being a team player for now - it may work, ya never know)

4. If they give you the "oh, we are considering it" bullshit line, ask when to expect a decision. If it is more than two days away, then proceed with putting the critters paws to the hot coals. :D

5. Make some flyers. Now, me - I live in a neoconnish district so I did NOT mention Ron Paul AT ALL on my flyer. Since you guys may not be using these at an event where the critter is standing right there, I suggest putting the phone number for both the local district office AND the DC office on the flyer. Maybe even include the names of any contacts they should be asking to speak with. :D

Here is a link to the text that I came up with (using CFL wording and my own added to it):

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=2073889&postcount=21

Here is a link to the stuff CFL has for pushing 1207:

http://www.campaignforliberty.com/handouts.php

6. GO TO THE LOCAL OFFICE OF THE CRITTER. Show up in all your glory and tell his help that you are there to ask IN PERSON that the critter co-sponsor 1207. When his staff gives you the brush off, give them a copy of the flyer and share that you'll now be distributing this flyer throughout his district. :D If there is more than one of you, maybe take a video camera - they can come in MIGHTY HANDY!

Video: YouTube - Congressman Michael McCaul on HR1207 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugoEaRxEjI4)

7. If you are lucky enough to have a critter office in a strip mall, stick a sandwich board type sign on top of your car "HR 1207 - Audit the FEDERAL RESERVE NOW!!!! WE NEED TO KNOW WHO GOT OUR TAX DOLLARS" or whatever you can come up with that is going to bring up the bailout image in the minds of the readers - remember, this is NOT about Ron or GOP or DEMS. This is about getting 1207 passed and nothing else. Now....

8. Start handing out the flyer!

9. Hand it out at local malls, ballgames, wherever there are lots of people at gatherings in the district, GO THERE and hand out flyers.

It's a start, people.

It's a start.

raystone
04-23-2009, 08:07 AM
Our U.S. Representative was one that signed on this week. We'd like to think we had something to do with it.

A month ago, 4 of us visited our congressperson's regional office and spent 30 minutes with a staffer. We were all polite, we made our case, gave him our letters, and said we'd like some followup that didn't consist of a form letter or we'd plan on returning with more people.
There was no followup, so 2 weeks ago we showed up with 13 people, one had a sign. No staffer that day to speak with. So, we all dropped off our letters at the front window and left.

This week, our congressperson's name appeared as a cosponsor.

Deborah K
04-23-2009, 09:04 AM
My rep said he won't cosponsor but that he'll vote for it.

MsDoodahs
04-23-2009, 09:19 AM
our u.s. Representative was one that signed on this week. We'd like to think we had something to do with it.

A month ago, 4 of us visited our congressperson's regional office and spent 30 minutes with a staffer. We were all polite, we made our case, gave him our letters, and said we'd like some followup that didn't consist of a form letter or we'd plan on returning with more people.
There was no followup, so 2 weeks ago we showed up with 13 people, one had a sign. No staffer that day to speak with. So, we all dropped off our letters at the front window and left.

This week, our congressperson's name appeared as a cosponsor.

:d

yay yay yay!

MsDoodahs
04-23-2009, 09:20 AM

Same bullshit line McCaul tried to pull.

Until Josh and I showed up at the event and put his feet straight onto the coals.

:D

nelsonwinters
04-23-2009, 10:03 AM
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Contact Info for Financial Services Committee
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Majority Phone: 202-225-4247
Majority Fax: 202-225-6952

Minority Phone: 202-225-7502
Minority Fax: 202-226-0556

MsDoodahs
04-23-2009, 06:08 PM
Bump.

mediahasyou
04-23-2009, 06:12 PM

Is there any remedy for this?

torchbearer
04-23-2009, 06:16 PM
C4L is having a conference call in about 12 minutes regarding 1207.
Are you apart of this group who is trying to get this done?

MsDoodahs
04-23-2009, 06:22 PM
Torch, no, not part of that group. Do let me know if there is anything I can do to help afterwards, via PM here or call - you still have our number, right?

Petar
04-23-2009, 06:25 PM
excellent job

MsDoodahs
04-23-2009, 06:25 PM
Is there any remedy for this?

Watch Josh's video and pause it when he shows his sign and read what was on there.

:eek:

When McCaul finished his speech - in which he said to the crowd that he WAS going to co sponsor 1207 - the man actually motioned for Josh to please lower his sign.

That sign was BADASS.

Hold their feet right to the fire. IN THEIR HOME DISTRICT.

I'm telling you, it works!

torchbearer
04-23-2009, 06:28 PM
sent you a pm.

tonesforjonesbones
04-23-2009, 08:35 PM
My representative is never here...he does nothing for us ...he deals with Tallahassee and for some terrible reason...my county got attached to the big democrat district...probably because from my county over to the state line of Alabama...in the panhandle...it's conservative and he wanted to break up the big red section. We can never get enough votes to get rid of him. We are trying to find out how to re draw us back into the district next to us..but unfortunately it seems HE does the drawin. Tones