PDA

View Full Version : If you were part of OLFD, the tulsa RP meetup group, or attended the Ames straw poll.

Roxi
04-22-2009, 10:09 PM
you might find your picture here

I have uploaded lots of pics here so check them out :)

http://www.libertycollaborative.com/tiki-galleries.php?

Dustancostine
04-22-2009, 10:48 PM
Thanks Roxic,

I wasn't in your Ames pictures but it brings back the memories. I saw some the signs that I helped make and put up (especially the big flying one in the back ground, I helped Ernie make it) and I also saw the grassy knoll that was my bed for the straw poll eve. Tears :)

Roxi
04-22-2009, 10:53 PM
Thanks Roxic,

I wasn't in your Ames pictures but it brings back the memories. I saw some the signs that I helped make and put up (especially the big flying one in the back ground, I helped Ernie make it) and I also saw the grassy knoll that was my bed for the straw poll eve. Tears :)

awww thats so awesome! your welcome.... Ernie Rocks!!

Bryan
04-23-2009, 11:08 AM
Thanks Roxic,

That's great- I didn't know that!

I was in one of the Ames pics. :)

Thanks Roxi! It's nuts we didn't meet!!

Roxi
04-23-2009, 03:08 PM
that would be bizzarre, but now that i think of it, i think we did, but only briefly when i was handing out snow cones maybe?

Roxi
04-23-2009, 08:12 PM
PS..

if you have pictures of events or things you have done in the liberty movement, please consider creating an account (some of you already have an account there) and creating a new gallery to upload your pictures!!

part of the purpose of this website is to gather all things pertaining to liberty, including websites, images, flyers, articles, and personal pages, and have them in one easy to find location!!

Roxi
04-23-2009, 08:12 PM
ALSO......... this has been one of the easiest uploading tools i have ever used to upload batch pictures (other than maybe independent uploaders that you download to your system)

steph3n
04-23-2009, 08:25 PM
good good you only got my back once and a small portion of my back another time I hate pics :D

Dave
04-23-2009, 08:33 PM
I'm a blur in one of your Ames pix.

It was good to see the Ames pix of the black signs with the neat quotes on them lining the sidewalk. Does anyone know what all the quotes were or have any pix of them? People went nuts for them and I've never found anyone that knows anything about who put them up or remembers what they said. It's like they just appeared out of nowhere.

Roxi
04-23-2009, 10:05 PM
BUMP!!!

please add your pics too!!!

Dustancostine
04-24-2009, 08:43 AM

It was good to see the Ames pix of the black signs with the neat quotes on them lining the sidewalk. Does anyone know what all the quotes were or have any pix of them? People went nuts for them and I've never found anyone that knows anything about who put them up or remembers what they said. It's like they just appeared out of nowhere.

Dave, I can't remember the name of the guy that made them, but Ernie, myself and a couple of others put them up on straw poll eve.

We were sitting there talking that night and a young guy comes up with the signs and gives them to us, along with a driver, and some black spray paint for the then green t-post and leaves in a rush to go highway blogging. We painted the polls, let them dry and then put up the signs.

You might ask Ernie, he might remember who the guy was.

--Dustan

Dustancostine
04-24-2009, 08:58 AM

This is the video Ernie mad about the straw poll. It includes cameos by Josh and myself, but also at the end it shows pictures of each and every black sign.

YouTube - RonPaulRevolution and Ron Paul at Iowa Straw Poll (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaG2xYkq9YA)

sevin
04-24-2009, 09:02 AM
I'm moving to Tulsa in summer '10. Maybe I'll meet some of you guys! :D

reduen
04-24-2009, 09:51 AM
Unloaded the trailer, spent the night guarding the tent, held big signs in 1000* degree weather (felt like it anyway..) for hours, marched and screamed until I nearly lost my voice, and still not one picture....! :rolleyes:

Just kidding, Ames was my first straw poll to ever hear about much less attend..! Thank you very much for the reminder here! I remember how proud I was of all the participants there...! :cool: