PDA

View Full Version : Tools of a Diplomat

Omphfullas Zamboni
04-22-2009, 05:43 PM
Hi,

Begging your pardon, I have a slight question:

Always, I hear Congressman Paul speak encouragingly of diplomacy. Nevertheless, which tools are available to a diplomat--which do not include threats (eventual bombs), promises of US funding, (eventual bribes), and appeasement? When diplomacy is posited as a solution to warfare/welfare, what exactly is meant?

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
Omphfullas Zamboni

Conza88
04-22-2009, 06:42 PM
http://www.mises.org/store/How-Diplomats-Make-War-P461.aspx

They are kind of the ones who start it. lol

"Diplomacy, lets talk" etc etc. muttered by the opposition, with no substance or basis what so ever.

Ron Paul is the exception obviously.

Omphfullas Zamboni
04-22-2009, 08:17 PM
Hi,

Thank you. I can see plainly what evils diplomacy may spawn. If Ron were the exception, then how does good diplomacy work? Has the congressman explained this concept, more fully?

Best regards,
Omphfullas Zamboni

Conza88
04-22-2009, 08:59 PM
Hi,

Thank you. I can see plainly what evils diplomacy may spawn. If Ron were the exception, then how does good diplomacy work? Has the congressman explained this concept, more fully?

Best regards,
Omphfullas Zamboni

Well diplomacy:

n.
1. The art or practice of conducting international relations, as in negotiating alliances, treaties, and agreements.
2. Tact and skill in dealing with people.

1. The premise is flawed in the system. The system is the problem. Not the failure of proper negotiations etc. It's like all those people at the UN, it's not because the right people aren't there, or they didn't do good enough job at 'negotiating'. It's the whole entire system, the structure of the international order... which is the problem.

Nation states. For eg. the Treaty of Versaille ended World War 1. Yet set the stage for World War 2. lol

2. The good. Negotiating between individuals and companies etc. Arbitration with private courts and agencies.. :)

Omphfullas Zamboni
04-22-2009, 09:19 PM
Well diplomacy:

1. The premise is flawed in the system. The system is the problem. Not the failure of proper negotiations etc. It's like all those people at the UN, it's not because the right people aren't there, or they didn't do good enough job at 'negotiating'. It's the whole entire system, the structure of the international order... which is the problem.

Nation states. For eg. the Treaty of Versaille ended World War 1. Yet set the stage for World War 2. lol

2. The good. Negotiating between individuals and companies etc. Arbitration with private courts and agencies.. :)

Conza,

Using your second good-variety definition, imagine the life of a diplomat working in a US embassy, abroad. How does a workday for this particular person move along? What tasks do you suppose might require mediation? (The mediation should be conducted with respect to the sovereignty of the foreign nation.)

Are diplomats the first line of defense for our national security? How so? In what ways, if any, can diplomacy ensure safety without force?

I would appreciate any replies. Thanks for your time and consideration.

Cheers,
Omphfullas Zamboni

Conza88
04-22-2009, 09:40 PM
Conza,

Using your second good-variety definition, imagine the life of a diplomat working in a US embassy, abroad. How does a workday for this particular person move along? What tasks do you suppose might require mediation? (The mediation should be conducted with respect to the sovereignty of the foreign nation.)

They meet ahead of time, hash out 30,000 word legal documents, talk about how to screw the individual, and how to bring about world government. They all agree on something (which is good for them, bad for everyone else)

They then sit back as the world's leaders go to the G20 - to "discuss" "solutions"... then they hand out a paper produced months before hand.

Essentially they are living on stolen goods. Their jobs are supported by theft.

NATIONS CONSENT: DECOMPOSING THE NATION-STATE
http://mises.org/journals/jls/11_1/11_1_1.pdf

Are diplomats the first line of defense for our national security? How so? In what ways, if any, can diplomacy ensure safety without force?

They start the wars. UN resolutions... let's sanction these people. Let's invade Iraq. Let's kill 600k children by the result of our actions.. it's all a joke.

The Myth of National Defense, Hoppe (ed.) (http://mises.org/etexts/defensemyth.pdf)

PDA's (Private Defense agencies) with private law courts etc. Individuals defending their own property (themselves) etc.

I can find audio, lecture presentations that flesh it out entirely if you wish. Mises.org Literature and Media is the place to start.

Omphfullas Zamboni
04-22-2009, 10:10 PM
No, no. Allow me to correct a misconception. Assume the diplomat whose work day you describe is a Ron Paul-styled diplomat.

Conza88
04-22-2009, 10:38 PM
No, no. Allow me to correct a misconception. Assume the diplomat whose work day you describe is a Ron Paul-styled diplomat.

Then in the NAFTA negotiations, he'd present 16 words. (http://mises.org/story/3019)

"Regulated trade between the individuals, companies, and institutions within our respective countries will be illegal henceforth."
BOOM...

Agree to that?... No?...

Ok... No deal... kthxbye :)

And it wasn't a misconception. Essentially there is no real 'negotiating' thou. That diplomat owns NOTHING of what he is giving/taking etc. None of it is his. He doesn't legitimately own it.

Omphfullas Zamboni
04-22-2009, 11:16 PM
Hey,

I understand, Conza. The role of a diplomat would be to internationally reiterate America's stance on military nonintervention and economic "laissez-faire" trade. Your input has been helpful.

Among forum members, are there differing perspectives on the parts that diplomats should play? If so, I would appreciate more opinions. (From anyone who wouldn't mind offering their thoughts, of course.)

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Omphfullas Zamboni

Conza88
04-23-2009, 01:23 AM
My course / degree is geared towards becoming a Diplomat.

I gave that up after I learned more about Austrian Economics.

There is no chance in hell anyone can reform the system. It needs to be destroyed.