PDA

View Full Version : The Congressional Conspiracy Against Ron Paul

MRoCkEd
04-22-2009, 04:54 PM
YouTube - Barney Frank discusses H.R. 1207: The Federal Reserve Transparency Act of 2009 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTsB_jkaIvg#t=3m10s)
Skip to 3:10

"Let me tell you this about Ron Paul... there used to be six subcommittees on the committee that I chair (under the republican [administration]) and you [got] to be a chairman by seniority. Ron Paul had enough seniority to be chairman of the committee on domestic monetary policy, the federal reserve, so they abolished the committee. The next year somebody else [incoherent] so they brought somebody else in who was senior to him."

- Barney Frank

Posted by request...

Dripping Rain
04-22-2009, 05:01 PM
thanks mrocked. you rock dude
i9m sure it was all just a coincidence
move along folks. nothing to see here :D
ofcourse i wasnt being serious about it being a coincidence
can we find out who was the speaker? was it the Grinch i mean the Gingrich?

Original_Intent
04-22-2009, 05:17 PM
Good find, thank you! My dislike for Barney Frank just decreased ever so slightly!

Lord Xar
04-22-2009, 05:24 PM
YouTube - Barney Frank discusses H.R. 1207: The Federal Reserve Transparency Act of 2009 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTsB_jkaIvg#t=3m10s)
Skip to 3:10

"Let me tell you this about Ron Paul... there used to be six subcommittees on the committee that I chair (under the republican [administration]) and you [got] to be a chairman by seniority. Ron Paul had enough seniority to be chairman of the committee on domestic monetary policy, the federal reserve, so they abolished the committee. The next year somebody else [incoherent] so they brought somebody else in who was senior to him."

- Barney Frank

Posted by request...

WHO is the "THEY" that abolished the committee?

So, is Ron Paul most senior every year and every year they bring in someone new or ?

MRoCkEd
04-22-2009, 05:41 PM
The republican leadership? Dunno.

mediahasyou
04-22-2009, 05:44 PM
Sounds like a typical power play move.

ItsTime
04-22-2009, 05:45 PM
The only they there is THE FEDERAL RESERVE. Doesnt matter who said to do it, it is sure the FEDERAL RESERVE wanted it done.

brandon
04-22-2009, 06:00 PM
wow that's crazy...

forsmant
04-22-2009, 06:02 PM
What a bunch of crack heads

He Who Pawns
04-22-2009, 06:05 PM
The Fed can obviously issue orders to congressional leaders. that's obviously what happened.

jcarcinogen
04-22-2009, 06:17 PM
Wow, this is fascinating coming from Barney Frank. One can only speculate his intent, but he seems to recognize Paul's popularity and took a shot not at Paul but the GOP.

This is a lot like Ms. Clinton's admittance that Paul's "message certainly resonates with many people" remark.

reagle
04-22-2009, 06:45 PM
Who abolished the committee ?

raystone
04-22-2009, 06:57 PM
Good find, thank you! My dislike for Barney Frank just decreased ever so slightly!

Same here, so to help our slight cognitive dissonance and correct our dislike level, I found this little gem on youtube. < 1 min

YouTube - Barney Frank: Plenty of rich people that we can tax (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1Mazjm_A5k)

trey4sports
04-22-2009, 07:00 PM
its a lie......

watch the video and watch the "scratch" right as he speaks about his support for the bill. Maybe he does support it, but somethings off, either a nervous tick or plain outright lie........just rewatch the video

Conza88
04-22-2009, 07:18 PM
sub''d

A. Havnes
04-22-2009, 07:40 PM
:eek:

Conza88
06-15-2009, 07:24 AM
bump

tonesforjonesbones
06-15-2009, 01:49 PM
I wonder why the republicans hate Ron Paul so much...it's very troubling. tones

heavenlyboy34
06-15-2009, 02:59 PM
Intriguing, indeed. Thanks for that, OP. :)

Deborah K
06-15-2009, 03:24 PM
Why did the audience laugh when he told them that they abolished the committee that RP chaired? That bothered me.

Not all of them do. Last week while watching CSPAN's Washington Journal, there was a member of the GOP Physician's caucus talking about health care reform. Someone twittered the question: Is Dr. Paul a member? He responded by saying that Dr. Paul is not only a member, he is a very well respected member. He said and I quote: "When Dr. Paul speaks, we all listen." :D

james1906
06-15-2009, 06:23 PM
Why did the audience laugh when he told them that they abolished the committee that RP chaired? That bothered me.

Not all of them do. Last week while watching CSPAN's Washington Journal, there was a member of the GOP Physician's caucus talking about health care reform. Someone twittered the question: Is Dr. Paul a member? He responded by saying that Dr. Paul is not only a member, he is a very well respected member. He said and I quote: "When Dr. Paul speaks, we all listen." :D

Now that the Dems run the whole show, the Reps have to sound like fiscal conservatives, and name dropping RP is an easy way to do that. Give the Reps Congress and/or the White House, and RP is back to being that nutjob who doesn't belong in the party.

Deborah K
06-15-2009, 06:26 PM
Now that the Dems run the whole show, the Reps have to sound like fiscal conservatives, and name dropping RP is an easy way to do that. Give the Reps Congress and/or the White House, and RP is back to being that nutjob who doesn't belong in the party.

You are making the assumption that Dr. Paul has no republican friends in Congress. You would be wrong in your assumption.

jsu718
06-15-2009, 06:55 PM
Well, it is like McCain said during the campaign... most of the people in congress WISH they could have his record. For one reason or another most of them have had to either go against their conscience or sell out in order to keep getting elected and stay in favor with the power structure.
I think he has a whole lot of friends in Congress, as well as a lot of fans, but people can't admit to it for fear of being punished for it.

Kade
06-15-2009, 07:02 PM
What do you people have against Barney Frank? Did I miss something, or are you idiots really that fucking stupid that you would just dismiss someone who can gather allies to your cause?

You continue to shock me with your stupidity... I'm dead fucking serious.

There is a movement in this country, and it's not, repeat, NOT run by the water carrying ponies of Newscorp. The sooner you folks realize who your allies are, the sooner we can do something about it.

I don't know why I bother sometimes.

MRoCkEd
06-15-2009, 07:16 PM
Nice, Kade...
This isn't an anti-Barney thread or anything. It's just Barney telling a story of how Ron Paul is mistreated in congress. But as far as what we have against him... I don't know.. his policies? He's good on certain issues such as gambling, marijuana, and perhaps military spending. Otherwise, though, his economic policies and his role in the Fannie/Freddie debacle come to mind as major negatives. While he supports the Federal Reserve's reckless policies, he has at least indicated that he supports more transparency. This is good because it's up to him to get Ron Paul's HR1207 to the next phase.

Kade
06-15-2009, 07:19 PM
Nice, Kade...
This isn't an anti-Barney thread or anything. It's just Barney telling a story of how Ron Paul is mistreated in congress. But as far as what we have against him... I don't know.. his policies? He's good on certain issues such as gambling, marijuana, and perhaps military spending. Otherwise, though, his economic policies and his role in the Fannie/Freddie debacle come to mind as major negatives. While he supports the Federal Reserve's reckless policies, he has at least indicated that he supports more transparency. This is good because it's up to him to get Ron Paul's HR1207 to the next phase.

I side more with his economics policies. In the end, when the establishment is broken, there will always be many sides of arguments to be made on how to run the government... it doesn't mean that you guys are always right.

I side with liberal economic policies more (and I'm not alone), we can go back in our separate corners when the country is the people's again.

MRoCkEd
06-15-2009, 07:24 PM
I side more with his economics policies. In the end, when the establishment is broken, there will always be many sides of arguments to be made on how to run the government... it doesn't mean that you guys are always right.

I side with liberal economic policies more (and I'm not alone), we can go back in our separate corners when the country is the people's again.
Fair enough.. but questioning if we "idiots" are really that "fucking stupid" seems more like condescension than civil disagreement.

Anyway..
Just wondering - what would you say are the major issues you agree with Ron Paul and most of us here about, and what are the ones you don't?

Kade
06-15-2009, 07:26 PM
Fair enough.. but questioning if we "idiots" are really that "fucking stupid" seems more like condescension than civil disagreement.

Anyway..
Just wondering - what would you say are the major issues you agree with Ron Paul and most of us here about, and what are the ones you don't?

It was condescension, I have a legitimate gripe and complaint with the number of people on this forum who make it a game to scare ever like minded but liberal person away from the movement.

Kade
06-15-2009, 07:32 PM

Anyway..

Hmm... off the top of my head.

I disagree with Ron Paul on abortion, education, gay adoption rights, separation of church and state, and tax credited programs for Christian schools,

I generally agree on most major things past those... including actions to legitimately limit the power of the Federal government.

I'm a stronger supporter of privacy rights first, and believe the bill of rights should remain applied to the states.

I side with him on Conscription, drug war, national security, foreign policy, immigration (for the most part), no special entitlements from government to unions, and net neutrality.

nbhadja
06-15-2009, 07:35 PM
What do you people have against Barney Frank? Did I miss something, or are you idiots really that fucking stupid that you would just dismiss someone who can gather allies to your cause?

There is a movement in this country, and it's not, repeat, NOT run by the water carrying ponies of Newscorp. The sooner you folks realize who your allies are, the sooner we can do something about it.

This is Ron Paul forums, not hannity forums. People here don't fall for the fox cnn left right bull shit.

No one here likes fox OR cnn. Neocons like Fox.

LibertyEagle
06-15-2009, 07:39 PM

Because he wants to tear down their little empire and take away the feeding trough that all the big government types feed at, regardless of political party.

anaconda
06-15-2009, 09:13 PM
Who abolished the committee ?

Really. Let's find out and give that individual(s) the biggest reception we've ever given anybody. Perhaps we can go through Paul's office on this one..

AdamT
06-15-2009, 09:36 PM
Someone please find out "who" abolished that committee.

This angers me to no end and I want to know who it was.

Both parties are controlled by the military industrial complex, and are addicted to the endless tap of corrupt dollars the FedRes pumps out unchallenged. Is it no wonder "they" abolished that committee before RP could become chairman of it. He could have done some real damage to their little cartel. This is perhaps a huge revelation.

JoshLowry
06-15-2009, 10:11 PM

What the fuck is this vitriolic babble that you keep posting?

First off you aren't going to throw around insults anymore. You do it way too often and you're going to start getting temp bans for it. If you wanted to honestly reach out to others, then I'd suggest you be friendly instead of calling everyone retards. What a concept! Maybe you could take some of your own advice and realize who YOUR allies are.

Second, I'd assume less than 1% of the posters here drink any Newscorp koolaid. No one even mentioned anyone that works for that company in this thread.

Third, you never seem to "bother" with anything, let alone "sometimes."

You just pop into threads, make false collective statements about the majority of the posters here, and then proceed to tell everyone about how many gripes you have with everyone on this "theocratic (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=2168324#post2168324)" forum.

fletcher
06-15-2009, 10:25 PM
http://www.joeredifer.com/crap/adminspwnesuser.gif

Conza88
06-15-2009, 11:19 PM

First off you aren't going to throw around insults anymore. You do it way too often and you're going to start getting temp bans for it. If you wanted to honestly reach out to others, then I'd suggest you be friendly instead of calling everyone retards. What a concept! Maybe you could take some of your own advice and realize who YOUR allies are.

Second, I'd assume less than 1% of the posters here drink any Newscorp koolaid. No one even mentioned anyone that works for that company in this thread.

You just pop into threads, make false collective statements about the majority of the posters here, and then proceed to tell everyone about how many gripes you have with everyone on this "theocratic (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=2168324#post2168324)" forum.

http://www.mojosonic.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/clap.gif

Kade doesn't believe in private property... what do you expect? :o

brandon
06-15-2009, 11:34 PM

Well said!

nbhadja
06-16-2009, 12:33 AM

Bravo! He is caught up in the whole left right garbage.

DAaaMan64
06-16-2009, 01:34 AM
Yo other users cheering on the mod, maybe we shouldn't respond like that. Maybe Kade will just listen to the mod and this will all be water under the bridge. Rather than congratulating the mod, we should value people who take the time to come here. Wait till his next few posts to see if he's changed.

Conza88
06-16-2009, 01:36 AM
Yo other users cheering on the mod, maybe we shouldn't respond like that. Maybe Kade will just listen to the mod and this will all be water under the bridge. Rather than congratulating the mod, we should value people who take the time to come here. Wait till his next few posts to see if he's changed.

Haha. The right attitude but he hasn't changed since he joined. :p