Danke
04-22-2009, 08:58 AM
Good read.

LittleLightShining
04-22-2009, 09:20 AM
Yep.

Cowlesy
04-22-2009, 09:24 AM
I agree with everything Pat says in that article.

These neocons are shapeshifters.

klamath
04-22-2009, 09:33 AM
This is so true. This is a prime example of how people make the mistake of calling the Christian right neocons. A neocon does not even care about the economy, social issues, gun rights etc. All that matters to them is elitist world empire goals.

canadian4ronpaul
04-22-2009, 09:36 AM
the important thing to remember, also that most democrats should be reminded of is that neocons have their intellectual origins in the left. they are some sort of strange, putrid spawn of the worst of either end of the spectrum, that is able to make friends and find a home with whatever party is in control

acptulsa
04-22-2009, 09:37 AM
An outstanding find--thank you!

Sent it to the meetup. My boss (a proud member of the Christian Right) is reading it right now, too.

Brooklyn Red Leg
04-22-2009, 09:52 AM
Ugh. I feel ill. Goddamn neocons and their 'America is the world's policeman' bullshit.

Aratus
04-22-2009, 10:02 AM
---In the mid-1960s, after LBJ signed the Great Society legislation that came to his desk,
we escallated in Vietnam. Guns or Butter? As LBJ was followed by RMN, the Great Society
became a past tense. We spent even more on guns. Barack Obama is poised the way LBJ was
and he's following the upheval event PBS's Bill Moyers has dubbed "the great collapse" ...so
is it once again... to be Guns or Butter... or both??? If Iraq is now quiet, we can't say the same
about Afganistan. If little of the monies already allocated by Congress are going to where they are
presumed to be going to, then what sort of a fancy budgetary footwork are we seeing once again?

Jace
04-22-2009, 10:43 AM

canadian4ronpaul
04-22-2009, 11:07 AM
Right after 9-11, these guys Perle, Wolfowitz, Frum, Kristol, and all their allies in the media both left and right, latched onto Bush and told him he was a new FDR and had to be strong and fight the big war against new Nazis that lurked behind every corner. The world was full of Hitlers who have WMDs. Now was one of those times that test men's souls. People were afraid and it was a time for great leadership, so be strong and do what's right for the American people.

So Bush did what they told him.

When people started talking about neocons, Bush has to ask his dad, "Hey, Dad, what's a neocon?"

By this time, the press had turned on him and blamed him for the fiasco in Iraq. The neocons were long gone from the White House, now pointing their fingers at him and writing long attacks in the media how he was incompetent and responsible for botching everything.

The neocons had gotten what they wanted -- the Iraq army destroyed, no more money for martyrs in Palestine, and Saddam swinging from a rope.

Mission accomplished.

Now they want Iran.

this is very true. most people i talk to find it hard to believe that bush ran on a humble foreign policy, and that the neocon interest groups are the ones responsible for altering his views during the time of a crisis. then i show them the debate videos from 2000.

LittleLightShining
04-22-2009, 11:32 AM
this is very true. most people i talk to find it hard to believe that bush ran on a humble foreign policy, and that the neocon interest groups are the ones responsible for altering his views during the time of a crisis. then i show them the debate videos from 2000.
Like this one?

YouTube - The George Bush You Forgot (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9SOVzMV2bc)

canadian4ronpaul
04-22-2009, 11:40 AM
Like this one?

YouTube - The George Bush You Forgot (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9SOVzMV2bc)

haha this is the exact one! so i guess the question remains... was bush just a huge liar? or was he under the influence of the neocons after 9/11?

perhaps his new book will enlighten us!

acptulsa
04-22-2009, 11:42 AM
haha this is the exact one! so i guess the question remains... was bush just a huge liar? or was he under the influence of the neocons after 9/11?

I do remember that--but I also remember him all but making another Iraq invasion a campaign promise, too.

klamath
04-22-2009, 11:52 AM
I do remember that--but I also remember him all but making another Iraq invasion a campaign promise, too.

If you can find the clips of a promised Iraq invasion it would be good.

acptulsa
04-22-2009, 11:58 AM
If you can find the clips of a promised Iraq invasion it would be good.

I know it happened, because I vividly remember a conversation I had with a friend on the subject. But I don't remember exactly where and when he did it. I doubt it stands on YouTube, but there might be a vid of it somewhere out there.

I'll see what I can do. Wish I could get my home computer straightened out--it would help...

Jace
04-23-2009, 01:51 AM