PDA

View Full Version : Attention: those who need a TWIC

Anti Federalist
04-21-2009, 01:15 PM
Got this second hand report from a fellow shipmate working on another vessel.

The captain on board was denied a TWIC, not because of crimes or "terrorism" but because of IRS back tax liens.

Welcome to Amerika.:mad:

hillertexas
04-21-2009, 09:58 PM
thanks for the heads up

kathy88
04-22-2009, 05:17 AM
Ouch. My husband just got his. It was an ordeal, let me tell you.

Bern
04-22-2009, 05:46 AM
The captain on board was denied a TWIC, not because of crimes or "terrorism" but because of IRS back tax liens.

What can disqualify me from getting a TWIC?
An individual who lacks lawful presence and certain immigration status in the United States, has a connection to terrorist activity, has been determined to lack mental capacity or was convicted of certain crimes will be ineligible for a TWIC.

http://www.tsa.gov/what_we_do/layers/twic/twic_faqs.shtm#disqualification

Do the liens mean he was convicted of a crime?

Anti Federalist
04-22-2009, 10:40 AM
thanks for the heads up

I posted that specifically for you, I was hoping you would get a chance to read it.

Anti Federalist
04-22-2009, 10:41 AM
Ouch. My husband just got his. It was an ordeal, let me tell you.

Take a look at the receipt.

Tell me who you paid your money to.

:mad:

Anti Federalist
04-22-2009, 10:43 AM
http://www.tsa.gov/what_we_do/layers/twic/twic_faqs.shtm#disqualification

Do the liens mean he was convicted of a crime?

Keep in mind, this is third hand information, so I can't vouch for it personally, the fellow who reported to me should be leaving Port Fourchon today, so maybe I'll talk to him at home over the weekend and try to get more information.

Give me a little time, and I'll also try to dig up the CFR that lists all those disqualify crimes, but then, at the end of it all, it also says, and I'm going from memory "or any other disqualifying crime as determined by the Director of Homeland Security".

kathy88
04-22-2009, 04:20 PM
Take a look at the receipt.

Tell me who you paid your money to.

:mad:

I don't really know Anti-Federalist. He hasn't picked his up yet, the web site just finally said he could make an appointment to do so. What am I missing? I would assume it would be payble to the Transportation Security Administration, right?