PDA

View Full Version : The Bruno Bomb!

Bman
04-21-2009, 03:33 AM
OK one of the next big things that Ron will be part of (like it or not) is the Bruno movie. Now we all know that Ron thinks it is silly that anyone would pay to see someone who performs such antics. And that's what I would expect from anyone over 60.

However...

Those of us certainly under 40 probably do get this type of humor.

So what i purpose is the Bruno Bomb.

We organize with our meetups to find theaters that we can all plan to go to and see the show during the opening weekend. What would be awesome is if the biggest news to come out of the Bruno movie was how the audience cheered when Ron Paul came on the screen.

Well, what do some of you think?

Matt Collins
04-21-2009, 09:32 AM
OK one of the next big things that Ron will be part of (like it or not) is the Bruno movie. Now we all know that Ron thinks it is silly that anyone would pay to see someone who performs such antics. And that's what I would expect from anyone over 60.

However...

Those of us certainly under 40 probably do get this type of humor.

So what i purpose is the Bruno Bomb.

We organize with our meetups to find theaters that we can all plan to go to and see the show during the opening weekend. What would be awesome is if the biggest news to come out of the Bruno movie was how the audience cheered when Ron Paul came on the screen.

Interesting PR concept. However I think there will be enough people disgusted with Bruno for his actions against Ron that they don't want to give him money to continue to support his films.

But I think you're on the right track, we should definitely turn this into some sort of positive PR vehicle.

He Who Pawns
04-21-2009, 09:50 AM
5 stars for a great idea!

LiveToWin
04-21-2009, 09:56 AM
I do not intend to see this movie.

Athan
04-21-2009, 10:12 AM
Reverse psychology? I don't know if it is going to work.
I liked Borat, but think it was WAY over-hyped. I'd rather go out and buy a silver dollar.

Alawn
04-21-2009, 10:24 AM
Bad idea.

Brian4Liberty
04-21-2009, 11:07 AM

If you are already going to the movie, cheering for Ron sounds like a good idea...

Could be an opportunity to distribute fliers outside the theaters. Maybe someone could come up with a clever way to meld Bruno into a Liberty message...

TheTyke
04-21-2009, 11:16 AM
I'm 26 and I don't find it humorous at all. In fact, I think it's an outrage. Ron even said he thought it was a shame they could make money off this garbage... no way I'd support it.

Bman
04-21-2009, 01:25 PM
I'm 26 and I don't find it humorous at all. In fact, I think it's an outrage. Ron even said he thought it was a shame they could make money off this garbage... no way I'd support it.

I can see how you feel that way. I just don't see it as an outrage per se. Comedians are always trying to push the envelop.

By all means though if you don't find any of it funny I would suggest not participating in such an idea.

I just know there are plenty enough in the movement that will find it funny, to try and do something with it. Maybe Ron can't laugh at it. But some of us can laugh at it for him which will help us a long way from giving the left the ability to call us a bunch of homophobes, which I find to be a worth while cause.

haaaylee
04-21-2009, 01:51 PM
just dont make it seem like you are cheering the stunt, if you are going to do this maybe yell "ron paul!" or something.

but i like the idea of using it to distribute flyers. a lot of other people going to see this may have never heard of him. if you pass out flyers afterwords they will be like "that is the congressman in the film." could work.

UtahApocalypse
04-21-2009, 01:52 PM
could not pay me to see this.

A. Havnes
04-21-2009, 02:00 PM
I don't think I could, just because it's disrespectful to Ron Paul. Joke or not, you don't make sexual advances on people who are obviously uncomfortable.
However, if you want to try and spin it into a positive thing, by all means go for it!

thasre
04-21-2009, 10:00 PM
I think Bruno is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO funny. I really do. I love Da Ali G show and the Bruno character does some really funny stuff. I understand if it's not everyone's cup of tea, but I have to say that I don't like being told how awful and immoral Sacha Baron-Cohen is. He's a bit outrageous, but it makes for really great satire.

I feel that everything he does falls under free speech provisions, and I don't think Ron Paul did anything so tremendously inappropriate in the film that anyone could really hold it against him. Anyone who uses this movie to discredit Paul probably already considers him unserious and wouldn't likely change their minds even if he weren't in it.

Njon
04-21-2009, 11:20 PM
Sorry, but I'm not going to see this trash movie.

AggieforPaul
04-22-2009, 12:27 AM
Im gonna go out and watch whatever movie has the best chance of beating Bruno that weekend.

Not only is Cohen not that funny to begin with, but the handful of decent gags he does have up his sleeve have already been done ad nauseam in his last film.