PDA

View Full Version : Speed trap operator shot dead in Arizona

Anti Federalist
04-20-2009, 09:18 PM
Photo-Radar Van Driver Shot to Death (http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/news/photo_radar_van_driver_shot_041909)

Rage against cameras taken to another
level

Last Edited: Monday, 20 Apr 2009, 6:51 PM MDT
Created On: Sunday, 19 Apr 2009, 10:45 PM MDT

PHOENIX - Phoenix police arrested a suspect in the fatal shooting of a man who was operating a state police photo radar unit that was parked on a north Phoenix freeway to catch speeders, police said Monday.

The suspect was being questioned Monday morning, Phoenix police spokesman Sgt. Andy Hill said in a news release. Police said more information would be released at a briefing later in the day.

DPS Director Roger Vanderpool called the killing "appalling (and) senseless."

The victim, 51-year-old Doug Georgianni, was shot just before 9 p.m. Sunday while he was inside the specially outfitted Ford Escape and monitoring data collection, according to the Arizona Department of Public Safety.

Video equipment on the photo enforcement SUV, which is marked as a DPS vehicle, showed a vehicle that was believed to have been used during the shooting. The driver of that vehicle was described as a man who appears to be in his 60s and has white hair and a white mustache.

Georgianni had worked for three months for RedFlex Traffic Systems Inc., which has a contract with DPS to operate photo enforcement vehicles and fixed cameras on state highways.

ChickenHawk
04-20-2009, 09:31 PM
I think that is what is known as "blowback".

asimplegirl
04-20-2009, 09:56 PM
I know.... I sucks, but eventually things like this have to happen, mo matter how sad to show the "big dudes" that we don't like it, and we aren't cowards. I am NOT, in any way cindining violence, just saying it is common factor when people do wrong, and teh wrong get fed up.

Dripping Rain
04-20-2009, 09:59 PM
:(
just when the az rp supporters were making inroads and were about to pass a bill that would ban those speed cameras in az
something just doesnt feel right. my heart goes to the family of the murdered man. i hope the bastard killer is brought to justice soon

Anti Federalist
04-20-2009, 09:59 PM
I think that is what is known as "blowback".

That was my first thought as well.:mad:

Danke
04-20-2009, 10:11 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=2085914#post2085914