PDA

View Full Version : Michael Scheuer at the Doha Debates 3/25/09 on Israel

Young Paleocon
04-20-2009, 07:30 PM
YouTube - Tough on Israel 1/5 [Doha Debate] (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxYOEdbF1mA&feature=PlayList&p=296808C11D592FC0&index=0&playnext=1)

ClayTrainor
04-20-2009, 07:34 PM
Woah, what's this now?

Young Paleocon
04-20-2009, 07:37 PM
Debate at George Mason, hosted by Qatar, about the U.S. foreign policy towards Israel.

Young Paleocon
04-20-2009, 07:40 PM
That's the first of five videos of a playlist.

axiomata
04-20-2009, 08:21 PM
He gets called a bigot in part 4.

I was confused in part 5 as why he proposed to completely get rid of all diplomatic relations with Israel. It seems kind of extreme, and I have never considered diplomats as foreign intervention in the same as money, war, covert ops etc.

Young Paleocon
04-20-2009, 08:28 PM
He gets called a bigot in part 4.

I was confused in part 5 as why he proposed to completely get rid of all diplomatic relations with Israel. It seems kind of extreme, and I have never considered diplomats as foreign intervention in the same as money, war, covert ops etc.

I too was confused by cutting off diplomatic ties.

JoshLowry
04-20-2009, 09:04 PM
LOL at Scheuer when he confusingly asks "Did we win?" after the vote at 7:53.

He should have quoted Jefferson when talking about the billions in military aid to Israel that incites hatred in the middle east.

"Peace, commerce and honest friendship with all nations; entangling alliances with none."

We shouldn't cut off all ties with Israel. I think that is isolationism, but I don't believe that is what Scheuer meant.

0zzy
04-20-2009, 09:07 PM
LOL at Scheuer when he confusingly asks "Did we win?" after the vote at 7:53.

He should have quoted Jefferson when talking about the billions in military aid to Israel that incites hatred in the middle east.

"Peace, commerce and honest friendship with all nations; entangling alliances with none."

We shouldn't cut off all ties with Israel. I think that is isolationism, but I don't believe that is what Scheuer meant.

ya. I don't think he is the be public speaker. He is a little nervous, he reads off paper. He isn't a politician basically.

TastyWheat
05-17-2009, 12:08 PM
Can someone help me here. Scheuer was kind of laughing when the other guy called him a bigot and I was pretty mad at the same time. I could've swore I read this on Wikipedia, but didn't AIPAC or some other pro-Israel group release a document saying the best "solution" for Iraq is to invade it and install a democracy?