PDA

View Full Version : I just registered Republican for the primaries...

Starks
09-19-2007, 02:55 AM
I've been sitting in the bathtub for hours with a loofah and ice cold water.

No matter how hard I scrub, I still feel dirty.

Lord Xar
09-19-2007, 03:02 AM
hahahhahah... hilarious.. c'mon, its not that bad... join us in sweet embrace!

Remember, the title makes the person naught, you make the title....

I am trying to get my mother to switch to republican to vote then switch back.. I almost have her.... my dark republican claws have almost succumbed her mind to my willl ... but her force is strong...

uhmmm and that comment about the loofah, uhmmm.. you're a female, right?

Stark? I like that name, that wouldn't happen to be reference to "House Stark" would it?

Abobo
09-19-2007, 03:11 AM
I know how you feel, I had to do the same, but think how proud you'll be to be republican when Ron Paul is in office :D

You'll be like: "I'm teh r3publican."

Nefertiti
09-19-2007, 03:56 AM

My husband is the loofah user in our family! Where he comes from, Egypt, everyone uses them. They sell them as they come off the plant! But the real hardcore people just use palm fiber directly off the palm tree. That stuff really heavy duty.

nexalacer
09-19-2007, 04:10 AM

I'm a dude. I use a loofah. The lather is way better than a washcloth. And it stays cleaner cuz of the holes in it.

DjLoTi
09-19-2007, 04:44 AM
Congratulations starks, I'm proud of you! :)

Givemelibertyor.....
09-19-2007, 04:47 AM
BillO enjoys loofahs when he's not in the NO SPIN ZONE.

http://www.counterpunch.org/cockburn11272004.html

Natalie
09-19-2007, 07:35 AM
My dad and best friend also just registered Republican for the primaries : )

brumans
09-19-2007, 07:52 AM
I'm in Michigan so I don't need too :p

hopeforamerica
09-19-2007, 08:04 AM
You mean you just registered Ronpublican!!

Richie
09-19-2007, 08:05 AM
The primaries fall a few months short of my 18th birthday, so I can't vote in them. It's a little disappointing, but at least I won't have to register as a Republican. Just an excuse for me to donate more.

ItsTime
09-19-2007, 08:08 AM

I feel your pain!

I'm in Michigan so I don't need too :p

You need to start working over your Dem friends to get them to vote for RP. If they are anti-war use this method. "If you want to end these wars you need two anti-war candidates running. Vote for Paul in the primaries to make sure! Then you can go vote for your Dem in the Presidential elections." :D

Cindy
09-19-2007, 08:47 AM
While on the subject for any Floridians, you have to be a registered Republican to vote in our state primary for Paul, which is January 29th. The cut off date for registering Republican is Dec. 29th.

stevedasbach
09-19-2007, 08:56 AM
The primaries fall a few months short of my 18th birthday, so I can't vote in them. It's a little disappointing, but at least I won't have to register as a Republican. Just an excuse for me to donate more.

I believe that primary eligibility is based on your age at the time of the GENERAL election. That is, if you will be 18 by election day in November 2008, you can register and vote in the primaries that select candidates for that election.

Richie
09-19-2007, 09:12 AM
I believe that primary eligibility is based on your age at the time of the GENERAL election. That is, if you will be 18 by election day in November 2008, you can register and vote in the primaries that select candidates for that election.

That's what I thought. But I checked with the state board of elections and on their website, in their FAQ, there's a flat out no to that.

MikeStanart
09-19-2007, 09:13 AM

Ok, look at it this way:

That's like saying you feel dirty because Britney Spears, Paris Hilton, and Lindsay Lohan are female. Yes, they give women a bad name; but that's not to say that ALL women are bad.

pates03
09-19-2007, 09:20 AM
While on the subject for any Floridians, you have to be a registered Republican to vote in our state primary for Paul, which is January 29th. The cut off date for registering Republican is Dec. 29th.

Did it today...

www.rockthevote.com

brandon13830
09-19-2007, 09:39 AM

I already did so last week.

Elwar
09-19-2007, 10:50 AM
Fun thing about a monopolized Democrat/Republican primary is you can still vote in third party primaries. At least, that's what I used to do in Georgia. Vote in the LP primary and then choose whichever primary I wanted to vote on between the Reps/Dems.

Starks
09-19-2007, 12:26 PM
Ok, look at it this way:

That's like saying you feel dirty because Britney Spears, Paris Hilton, and Lindsay Lohan are female. Yes, they give women a bad name; but that's not to say that ALL women are bad.

Sorry to disappoint, but I'm a man...

MikeStanart
09-19-2007, 12:28 PM
Sorry to disappoint, but I'm a man...

I don't think you're quite following what i'm saying... haha

Vonhayek7
09-19-2007, 01:29 PM
Also switched to Republican today.

Was registered as libertarian though, so basically voting for the same thing with a bigger chance of winning. :D

EvilTwinkie
09-19-2007, 02:41 PM
And my family and friends shook their heads. They are gonna take work.

I keep blathering about, vote the man, not the party, but they are stubborn.

Ok Im a dude and loofahs and softsoap rule. Washcloths and bar soap may be oldskool, but my babysoft skin needs pampering.. also, im not in prison.

PrimarilyPaul
09-19-2007, 03:37 PM
Congratulations! I hope everyone who needs to register as a Republican does so.

RP08
09-19-2007, 03:41 PM
That is the biggest hurdle this campaign faces, in my opinion.

Corydoras
09-19-2007, 04:00 PM
Think of it like this. You're not in the party whose groupthinking president put American citizens of Japanese ancestry in concentration camps solely on the basis of ancestral origin. You're in the party of Ronald Reagan, who said back in the 1940s when it was still considered controversial, of the American soldiers of Japanese ancestry in the United States Army, "Blood upon the sands knows no color."

PineGroveDave
09-19-2007, 04:16 PM
Here too. Registered 2 weeks ago.

speciallyblend
09-19-2007, 04:16 PM
That is the biggest hurdle this campaign faces, in my opinion.

The biggest hurdle isnt RON PAULS MESSAGE,its the fact you have to mention the dirty word(republican,this is how bad it is in the real world sigh ,like i said the gop is dead in the water without Ron Paul,its in the gop's court,if they want to mock RON PAUL,i guess they will have time to think about it as hillary clinton cleans their houses:P

Ibgamer
09-19-2007, 04:27 PM
Ya I just did the same

My first election and im a republican :eek:

Minlawc
09-19-2007, 04:49 PM
Stop thinking of the Neo-con Republican party.

Start thinking of it as the party that freed the slaves! and all the positive history!

FrankRep
09-19-2007, 04:52 PM
My state, Ohio, is open so I'm ready to go.

If your start is Closed, you MUST register as a Republican.

katao
09-19-2007, 04:53 PM
Stop thinking of the Neo-con Republican party.

Start thinking of it as the party that freed the slaves! and all the positive history!

Please see the Civil War thread in the General Politics section. All that history ain't so positive...

hopeforamerica
09-19-2007, 05:18 PM
Welcome to all of the RONpublicans! I did it a month ago. :)

RP08
09-19-2007, 05:19 PM
The biggest hurdle isnt RON PAULS MESSAGE,its the fact you have to mention the dirty word(republican,this is how bad it is in the real world sigh ,like i said the gop is dead in the water without Ron Paul,its in the gop's court,if they want to mock RON PAUL,i guess they will have time to think about it as hillary clinton cleans their houses:P

You're right about that. "The biggest hurdle isn't RON PAUL's MESSAGE"

I would guess that a minority of current Ron Paul supporters are registered Republicans today (jaded by the horrible turn the party has taken).

Getting folks to go out and vote in the Primaries is tough enough... Add the additional effort of getting registered Republican (or changing current registration) in time to be sure it's correct and in time to be eligible to vote is a huge challenge for us.

On top of that, many voters still aren't educated in our electoral system and may not even realize that THEY can participate in nominating their party's candidate to get them on the ballot for the General election and on to President. A lot of folks (perhaps most) think whatever happens will happen and they can just waltz in on election day and vote in the right person for the job.

It may sound *out there* too, I've actually talked to a few "religious" folks who just simply trust that the Lord will make his intended President elected no matter what, so it's not necessary for them to mess with "the plan".

In a nut-shell... Registering Republican in time, and voting in the Primaries is our biggest hurdle, IMHO.

Next biggest? Hmmm... I think maybe... winning the General Election by such a land-slide that the validity of the outcome can hardly be doubted.

Yikes. Well, I'm just glad to be part of the action!!

Keep keepin' awn!
-RP08

Hook
09-19-2007, 05:28 PM
Yeah imagine Michael Moores face when another Republican wins the WH. Priceless.

Delaware
09-19-2007, 05:34 PM
I just registered Republican a few days ago, turning 19 in January.

Man from La Mancha
09-19-2007, 09:01 PM
I also registered R(on)eP(aul)ublican. Lets take this party to the streets and back to what it was.

Minlawc
09-19-2007, 10:30 PM
Please see the Civil War thread in the General Politics section. All that history ain't so positive...

Of course, not all history is positive. I agree with Dr Paul, that the Civil War shouldn't have been faught. And I would have come up with other examples if I had had the time...

The Republican party WAS built on anti-slavery. That IS a positive.
Most were for the Civil Rights Act, more than the Democratic Party anyway. This is all percentage-wise of course.

My point is, don't feel that bad about joining the party. After all, your'e really only joining to vote for Paul in the primary.

Both the Democratic and Republican parties have bad history and bad policies, that's why I think we should start anew.

Starks
09-19-2007, 10:46 PM
Ron Paul: "IM IN UR PARTY, STEALIN' UR NOMINATION..."