PDA

View Full Version : My congressman HR 1207

klamath
04-20-2009, 03:48 PM
I wrote to my congressman a while back on cosponsoring HR1207 and just got an answer from him.

" Thank you for contacting me to express your support for H.R. 1207, the Federal Reserve Transparency Act. I appreciate knowing your views on this legislation.

As you may know, Congressman Ron Paul introduced H.R. 1207 on February 26, 2009. The bill would require an audit of the Federal Reserve Board of Governors and the Federal reserve banks before the end of 2010. It also requires the Comptroller General to submit a report on the audit findings to Congress. You will be pleased to know that I have agreed to cosponsor this legislation.

Although I do not sit on the House Committee on Financial Services, which has jurisdiction over this legislation, please know that I will support H.R. 1207 should it come before the full House of Representatives for a vote."

Congressman Herger 2nd California district.

I feel a little better about him after he voted for the first bailout.

Cowlesy
04-20-2009, 03:54 PM
Congressman Weiner has yet to write me back.

Glad to hear the positive news!

axiomata
04-20-2009, 04:05 PM
I've been meaning to write my rep, would you mind posting the letter you wrote. It seemed to have worked.

JoshLowry
04-20-2009, 04:29 PM
How long does this paperwork take to go through the system and then show up on THOMAS.GOV after officially cosponsoring?

My Congressman, Michael McCaul, "supposedly" became a cosponsor on April 13th. I still don't see his name on the list. That was seven days ago...

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d111:HR01207:@@@P

klamath
04-20-2009, 04:42 PM
I've been meaning to write my rep, would you mind posting the letter you wrote. It seemed to have worked.

Unfortunately it was one of the email forms on his website I used and I don't have a copy of it.
Basically I just mentioned that with the Trillions being thrown around we needed to get some accountability. I told him the FED played a big part in our current crash.
If you use well thought out positions without getting wild or angry I think it is more effective. Don't use a form letter.

Agent CSL
04-20-2009, 04:55 PM
Wow, a lot of co-sponsors on this bill.

Cap
04-20-2009, 06:18 PM
Still waiting for a response from Hoekstra.

HOLLYWOOD
04-20-2009, 06:47 PM
And whoever doesn't Co-Sponsor or vote in favor of HR 1207 is on the Bankster's payroll bribery & conspiring account.

Likewise... the most important part is to see if any of the Bankster politicians (Pelosi, Frank, Reid, Dodd, Hoyer, Boehner, Waters, Kanjorski, et al on their related committees attempt to ALTER H.R. 1207

bkreigh
04-20-2009, 08:16 PM
Here is the response from my Congressman when i asked him to co-sponsor the bill around the first of the month. Im going to guess this is a polite way to say "Go Fuck Yourself"

April 3, 2009

Mr. *************
Belfast, Maine **********

Dear *****:

Thank you for contacting me regarding H.R. 1207, the Federal Reserve Transparency Act of 2009. I appreciate hearing from you.

As you know, the Federal Reserve Transparency Act would reform the manner in which the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System is audited by the Comptroller General of the United States. This bill would require that a report on the completed audit be submitted by the Comptroller General to Congress within 90 days, and be made available to the Speaker of the House, the majority and minority leaders of the House of Representatives, the majority and minority leaders of the Senate, the Chairman and Ranking Member of the committee and each subcommittee of jurisdiction in the House of Representatives and the Senate, and any other Member of Congress who requests it.

Congress created the Federal Reserve as an independent agency to enable the central bank to carry out its responsibilities protected from excessive political and private pressures. At the same time, by law and practice, the Federal Reserve is accountable to Congress. During these challenging economic times, Congress needs to ensure that the Federal Reserve lives up to its responsibility to protect the American economy. On February 26, 2009, the Federal Reserve Transparency Act of 2009 was referred to the House Committee on Financial Services. Please know that I will keep your thoughtful comments in mind as this bill makes its way through the legislative process.

Thank you again for sharing your views with me. In addition, I also provide occasional email updates on a range of issues affecting people in Maine. If you would like to receive this information, please visit my website at http://michaud.house.gov/email_newsletter.asp and sign up for my email newsletter. I appreciate the opportunity to represent you.

With warmest regards,

Michael H. Michaud
Member of Congress

Bern
04-20-2009, 08:30 PM
... Im going to guess this is a polite way to say "Go Fuck Yourself" ...

It's just non-committal. If he gets enough feedback from his constituents, he might grow a pair and take a stand. Then again, he could be waiting for someone to grease his palms.

bkreigh
04-20-2009, 08:39 PM
It's just non-committal. If he gets enough feedback from his constituents, he might grow a pair and take a stand. Then again, he could be waiting for someone to grease his palms.

no worries. i am moving in a month so ill be able to hound a different Congressman soon enough.