PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul is a saint compared to other members of congress

njandrewg
09-19-2007, 12:19 AM
Can you imagine working for a company that has a little more than 500 employees and has the following statistics:

- 29 have been accused of spousal abuse
- 7 have been arrested for fraud
- 19 have been accused of writing bad checks
- 117 have directly or indirectly bankrupted at least 2 businesses
- 3 have done time for assault
- 71 cannot get a credit card due to bad credit
- 14 have been arrested on drug-related charges
- 8 have been arrested for shoplifting
- 21 are currently defendants in lawsuits
- 84 have been arrested for drunk driving in the last year

Can you guess which organization this is?

Give up yet?

It's the 535 members of the United States Congress. The same group that cranks out hundreds of new laws each year designed to keep the rest of us in line.
:eek:

and here is a list of 22 more corrupt congressmen. http://www.beyonddelay.org/?a=1

Look who is on the list...thats right Duncan Hunter.....and look at one of the things he did: "Trading Earmarks for Campaign Contributions"

honkywill
09-19-2007, 12:20 AM
i wonder if that is real. a lot of bogus info gets passed along through these chain mails.

richard1984
09-19-2007, 12:25 AM
If it's true, that is insane--completely shameful. If it's true, this information needs to get out.

njandrewg
09-19-2007, 12:29 AM
Snope link: http://www.snopes.com/politics/crime/congress.asp

theseus51
09-19-2007, 12:30 AM
I think that's an old one, I remember seeing it around years and years ago. But just that it is probably more true than not, is very sad.

Richandler
09-19-2007, 01:58 AM
Of course it's mostly true, but the media is so busy obsessed with the controversy they forget to ask questions about accountability these congress people have. The laws need to be change, there are plenty of people who have zero on their criminal record in this country. If a representative breaks a law he should lose his job to someone who can do a better job at upholding liberty.