PDA

View Full Version : Is Ron Paul a strong leader

Trassin
09-18-2007, 11:37 PM
I believe he would be but I'm having trouble finding articles or other sources to back up my argument. Can anyone help me?

ctb619
09-18-2007, 11:45 PM
"Strong leader" is a bit subjective...what are you looking for? Tough on national defense? Strict adherence to constitutional principles? Border enforcement?

RP4ME
09-18-2007, 11:47 PM
I believe he would be but I'm having trouble finding articles or other sources to back up my argument. Can anyone help me?

what to you is a good leader - thats very sunjective - if you mean lead by example - I think you look at his voting record - if you mean does he inspire many people o his cause - look at thsi forum and his garssroos support...

Id he a person of integrity - look at his voting record and actions - not what he says ....Id say yes! i could go on but I wont....until you define for us a good leader..

LibertyEagle
09-18-2007, 11:48 PM

He's not a dictator-type, no. But, then again that is not what our Founders intended for the Presidency. If you're asking if he is a man of his convictions. Well then, I would just ask you to review the debates and his speeches over the years. He has been one of the few with the courage to stand up for principles, whether others agree with him, or whether he stands alone. That, to me, is a very strong leader.

ronpaulhawaii
09-18-2007, 11:49 PM
Well the fact that he has led a congressional district, a medical practice, and a large family for decades is a good indication that he is a good leader.

EvilEngineer
09-18-2007, 11:50 PM
If by strong leader you mean "control freak" like Bush and his campaign to control every aspect of our life, then no, Ron would not be a "strong" leader in that sense. However in the aspect that he is strong on the constitution and doesn't want to run my life... he's got all the strength he needs.

njandrewg
09-18-2007, 11:54 PM
he is a strong leader because he has the backbone to stand up for liberty when everyone is against him.

Trassin
09-18-2007, 11:56 PM
No, by strong leader I mean he inspires people to follow him. Think General Colin Powell before the Iraq mess. I think I've found my answer for the question though, thx.

LibertyEagle
09-18-2007, 11:59 PM
No, by strong leader I mean he inspires people to follow him. Think General Colin Powell before the Iraq mess. I think I've found my answer for the question though, thx.

Well Trassin. You only have to look at all of us to see the level of inspiration he instills in those who hear his message. He has brought together people from across the political spectrum who probably wouldn't have had much to do each other before this campaign. He reminded us what was really important. Liberty.

Abobo
09-19-2007, 12:00 AM
He has the guts to stand alone at the debates and speak the truth, no matter many people don't want to hear it. He has proven his integrity by his solid voting record. He has proven his balls by fathering 5 children.

Guts + Integrity + Balls = Win

ctb619
09-19-2007, 12:01 AM
I'd take a bullet for Dr. Paul, and I know others who would do the same.

Magsec
09-19-2007, 12:03 AM
If by strong you mean humble, then yes, this country needs to see humble leadership. The terrorists have already accomplished their goal of dividing the country apart, and I don't think a headstrong opinion from one party is going to mend it.

RP is for the people, not his party, and that's leadership every American really desires.

Trassin
09-19-2007, 12:04 AM
Here's what I went with.

and has not exibited any leadership skills as far as I can tell.

His supporters are annoying.
If a measure of leadership is the ability to inspire people, then look at his followers.

If it is the person's ability to stand by their values despite the odds look at his voting record.

If it is to make life changing decisions under pressure, the man is an OB/GYN, there are few positions I can think of where the ability to think rationally under extreme stress is more important.

Ron Paul Fan
09-19-2007, 12:06 AM
"How can I run for office and say I want to be a weak president? We need a strong president, strong enough to resist the temptation of taking power the President shouldn’t have." -Ron Paul

eleganz
09-19-2007, 12:08 AM
I myself am a President of a non-profit organization youth group. Although I don't oversee as many people or have as many duties as the President of the U.S. I know what it takes to be a good leader. When I look at RP, I see hope, he is the future, he is charasmatic, and he has a plan.

I think he is and will be a great leader for our nation.

john_anderson_ii
09-19-2007, 12:44 AM
He certainly fits the 14 USMC leadership traits. I think you would be hard pressed to hammer the other candidates past words and deeds into this mold.

Justice - the practice of being fair and consistent.
Judgment - ability to think about things clearly, calmly, and in an orderly fashion so that you can make good decisions.
Dependability - can be relied upon to perform your duties properly.
Initiative - meeting new and unexpected situations with prompt action.
Decisiveness - able to make good decisions without delay. Get all the facts and weight them against each other.
Tact - deal with people in a manner that will maintain good relations and avoid problems.
Integrity - honest and truthful in what you say or do
Enthusiasm - sincere interest and exuberance in the performance of your duties
Bearing - manner should reflect alertness, competence, confidence, and control.
Unselfishness - avoid making yourself comfortable at the expense of others
Courage - having the inner strength to stand up for what is right and to accept blame
Knowledge - acquired information
Loyalty - devoted to your country
Endurance - mental and physical stamina

Mitt Romneys sideburns
09-19-2007, 01:05 AM
If you think about it, Bush has been an incredibly strong leader in the war on terror. He has lied from day one, changed the story several times, and convinced the American people that not only is Iraq linked to terrorism, but also that they hate us for our freedoms. All while maintaining the image that he is border-line retarded. Yet 6 years of lies later, still, anyone who opposes the war on terror is seen as an unAmerican nut-case who doesnt understand the danger we are in.

Now that is some major skills right there.

Trassin
09-19-2007, 01:09 AM
He certainly fits the 14 USMC leadership traits. I think you would be hard pressed to hammer the other candidates past words and deeds into this mold.

Justice - the practice of being fair and consistent.
Judgment - ability to think about things clearly, calmly, and in an orderly fashion so that you can make good decisions.
Dependability - can be relied upon to perform your duties properly.
Initiative - meeting new and unexpected situations with prompt action.
Decisiveness - able to make good decisions without delay. Get all the facts and weight them against each other.
Tact - deal with people in a manner that will maintain good relations and avoid problems.
Integrity - honest and truthful in what you say or do
Enthusiasm - sincere interest and exuberance in the performance of your duties
Bearing - manner should reflect alertness, competence, confidence, and control.
Unselfishness - avoid making yourself comfortable at the expense of others
Courage - having the inner strength to stand up for what is right and to accept blame
Knowledge - acquired information
Loyalty - devoted to your country
Endurance - mental and physical stamina

I'll keep this in mind should the issue come up again. Also makes me wonder what it says about leadership in my Navy Bluejacket Manual.

Richandler
09-19-2007, 01:54 AM
The Country should lead the President the President shouldn't lead the people.

csen
09-19-2007, 07:39 AM
I know the Hitler references are cliche on the internet, but a craving for a strong, uniting national leader is how Hitler came to power.

Bradley in DC
09-19-2007, 07:48 AM
It takes strength to vote No alone so many times. It takes strength to challenge the president and Congress on war. It takes strength to stand up for what's right in the presidential debates.

Dr. Paul is a statesman.

MikeStanart
09-19-2007, 08:53 AM
Ron Paul would be ...."a strong president. Strong enough to resist the tempation of taking power that a president should not have"