PDA

View Full Version : Why everybody waited until Obama to be patriotic

clowns789
04-19-2009, 08:04 PM
I noticed a thread here (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=2083789) where someone is angry over the fact that there were no major protests against Bush's policies. I also saw this morning another fellow on Meet the Press saying the Tea Parties were "too late." I agree with this; but there's a reason for the delay.

Under both Bush and Obama, things were and are getting worse. But the difference is, under Bush things were getting worse SLOWLY. Although there were many bad things during those eight years, it never went quite far enough for it to energize a large segment of the population into protests.

I liken this to the story of the frog in the stove pot: If a frog is placed in boiling water, it will jump out. But if it's placed in room temperature water and the heat is turned on, it will stay there as the water gets hotter, oblivious to the change in temperature.

So I say we can't change anything from 2000 to 2008 so let's leave it how it was and concentrate on changing the policies of now. Of course, we can at least learn one lesson from those eight years: Don't think that simply changing the party in power or placing blame on one person will work.

Liberty Star
04-19-2009, 08:20 PM
This probably applies to mostly neocon mouthpices at Faux news who are suddenly and shamelessly "angry" over the very spending and warring policies they pimped for non-stop during last 8 years.

Theocrat
04-19-2009, 09:11 PM
I don't know what you're talking about when you say we waited until Obama to have tea parties. Since Congressman Paul began running for President in 2007, we, his supporters, had massive tea parties for him. The media downplayed our efforts. If anyone is responsible for reviving a "tea party" spirit, it is we. Those who now find inspiration in having tea party protests are simply years behind us. The following video is just one example of many efforts by Ron Paul supporters to show our spirit in reviving the principles behind the historic Tea Party in helping Dr. Paul to become President:

YouTube - Ron Paul: Tea Party 07 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKZmIzEMUN8)

None of the other Republican candidates' supporters were as patriotic as we were during that season. While they were busy attacking Obama, Clinton, and the other Demo(n)cratic candidates, we were marching in rallies, raising record-breaking sums of money online, and passing out literature and media to the masses in the same spirit behind the first Tea Party of our nation. So the real question is why weren't people supporting our Tea Parties back in 2007.

Athan
04-19-2009, 10:25 PM
I don't know what you're talking about when you say we waited until Obama to have tea parties. Since Congressman Paul began running for President in 2007, we, his supporters, had massive tea parties for him. The media downplayed our efforts. If anyone is responsible for reviving a "tea party" spirit, it is we. Those who now find inspiration in having tea party protests are simply years behind us. The following video is just one example of many efforts by Ron Paul supporters to show our spirit in reviving the principles behind the historic Tea Party in helping Dr. Paul to become President:

None of the other Republican candidates' supporters were as patriotic as we were during that season. While they were busy attacking Obama, Clinton, and the other Demo(n)cratic candidates, we were marching in rallies, raising record-breaking sums of money online, and passing out literature and media to the masses in the same spirit behind the first Tea Party of our nation. So the real question is why weren't people supporting our Tea Parties back in 2007.

This refute is something that should be on the first page of Daily Paul.com

heavenlyboy34
04-19-2009, 10:36 PM
You're so very correct, Theo! :D:cool::) Well done, my friend!

YouTube - Ron Paul: Tea Party 07 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKZmIzEMUN8)

canadian4ronpaul
04-20-2009, 07:51 AM
i agree with theo. as soon as ron paul appeared on the scene that is when things started to change. His message brought us all together. I knew about 1/100000000th of the things i know now thanks to him/you/stossel et al.