PDA

View Full Version : Tea Party Protester defends Bush's bailouts

spotics
04-19-2009, 07:15 PM
Yes, it's true. I was talking with a guy who attended our local neocon rally, or tea party, and I told him I was disapointed it turned into a GOP pep rally rather than a protest against bailouts and high taxes. I also pointed out that it was a Republican president who started this bailout crap, and the Republican leaders in congress backed the bailout. I also pointed out that the Republican controled state senate just voted to pass four new tax increases.

His response was somewhere in the line that I was crazy because it was the Democrats that caused the banks to be in such poor position forcing Bush to bail them out in order to save capitalism:eek:.

I would also point out that the tea party organizers gave best sign to a guy who brought several signs. All but one claimed if you don't support the war you hate the troops. The lone one that sounded anything like an antitax message said exactly the samething as many other signs. Hence he won best sign more for his prowar stance rather than any opposition to tax and spending.

I might also point out that hours before he gave his speech blaming the Democrats for blocking fiscal responsibility, my congressman was passing out Federal checks and bragging he was bringing home the bacon.

BLS
04-19-2009, 07:26 PM
Yes, it's true. I was talking with a guy who attended our local neocon rally, or tea party, and I told him I was disapointed it turned into a GOP pep rally rather than a protest against bailouts and high taxes. I also pointed out that it was a Republican president who started this bailout crap, and the Republican leaders in congress backed the bailout. I also pointed out that the Republican controled state senate just voted to pass four new tax increases.

His response was somewhere in the line that I was crazy because it was the Democrats that caused the banks to be in such poor position forcing Bush to bail them out in order to save capitalism:eek:.

I would also point out that the tea party organizers gave best sign to a guy who brought several signs. All but one claimed if you don't support the war you hate the troops. The lone one that sounded anything like an antitax message said exactly the samething as many other signs. Hence he won best sign more for his prowar stance rather than any opposition to tax and spending.

I might also point out that hours before he gave his speech blaming the Democrats for blocking fiscal responsibility, my congressman was passing out Federal checks and bragging he was bringing home the bacon.

First day here?

silverhawks
04-19-2009, 07:28 PM
It's a widely accepted view that the tea parties were hijacked as the new vehicle for the neocon message...or to discredit them.

There are going to be people protesting a Democratic administration, not the Government in general, because they are currently locked into the mindset of two-party politics.

Don't get drawn down to that level - stay at the level of Americans vs. Government, not Democrats vs. Republicans.

Athan
04-19-2009, 10:13 PM

Where was this event located? We should call them out as sore loser neo-con rallies. People should know that these are fake rallies.

asimplegirl
04-19-2009, 10:21 PM
I am so sorry you found yourself in the middle of all that, man.

I thought about asking hubby to attend one down south of here, but once a neocon I know started telling me about it....it didn't sound anything like what I was hoping. Just sounded like people that disliked Obama- and that's as far as knowledge went...him and HIS policies...no one else was blamed. I didn't even watch anything about it on TV, as I figured it would be the same all over.

spotics
04-19-2009, 11:15 PM
Where was this event located? We should call them out as sore loser neo-con rallies. People should know that these are fake rallies.

Paducah, KY

In all honesty I would say it was 60% neocon, 40% true small government patriots.

acptulsa
04-20-2009, 06:21 AM
One side of my sign said, "[The] highly educated...will see the apple sauce in both parties. Therefore, all I had to deal with from the neocon contingent was dirty looks. They didn't dare try to debate me.

And no, no one on the speaker roster at that particular party even considered going there. Our new county chair was quite specific on what was needed--and it was inclusive for all conservatives.

Ozwest
04-20-2009, 06:44 AM
It's a widely accepted view that the tea parties were hijacked as the new vehicle for the neocon message...or to discredit them.

There are going to be people protesting a Democratic administration, not the Government in general, because they are currently locked into the mindset of two-party politics.

Don't get drawn down to that level - stay at the level of Americans vs. Government, not Democrats vs. Republicans.

You may be correct, but a movement starts somewhere...

Study history.

brandon
04-20-2009, 06:54 AM

Wow, I'm sorry to hear that.

If it makes you feel any better, my tea party was essentially a Ron Paul/CFL/End The Fed pep rally. There were about 1000 people there and Ron Paul supporters were in the majority.

Ozwest
04-20-2009, 07:05 AM
It is sometimes too hard for others to develop a Libertarian philosophy. For Gods Sake, Libertarians can't agree!

Sometimes... You have look towards the bigger picture.

Ozwest
04-20-2009, 07:45 AM
I love and support Dr. Paul.

But...

You can die in the wilderness. All on board I say!