PDA

View Full Version : The Panama Deception (1992)

Galileo Galilei
04-19-2009, 04:42 PM
The Panama Deception (1992)
The Panama Deception (1992) (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-446387292666223710&ei=P67rSae3ApCu-QGqv7HaCg&q=panama+deception&emb=1)

Does everyone here remember the invasion of Panama?

Remember Maximum Dictator Manuel Noriega?

This all happened just before the Internet started.

Learn your history.

Before the war on terror, we had the war on drugs.

JdotRdot
04-19-2009, 08:26 PM
whenever people say they don't believe the military would ever roll down US streets slaughtering thousands i just slap my forehead...look around you, the police are killing you already

if it ever came down to it they would mobilize the army/national guard & many of them wouldn't think twice about killing you

DirtMcGirt
04-19-2009, 08:35 PM
that movie can be an eye opener, gets a little too slanted at times but very interesting

Galileo Galilei
04-20-2009, 12:03 PM
Glad a few people "enjoyed" the film. When I was younger, I first beame interested in politics because of the Panama and Noriega issue, along with the war on drugs. This lead me to the Libertarian Party and the Constitution. And I even voted for Ron Paul in 1988.

I'm, sure that most Ron Paul fans unfer 30 don't remember this big event, Noriega was blasted into our faces for about three years. Then he disappeard after he was captured. His trial didn't get nearly the news that the three-year lead-up did.

Kraig
04-20-2009, 12:07 PM
Thanks a ton for posting this, I have not heard this before to this extent. I had a very strange, and somewhat depressing, revelation after I watched this. I used to have a friend who was ex-army rangers. He would talk about how he was in Panama at this time, and he was obviously very traumatized and felt very guilty about what he did there. He never really said much about the big picture, just bits and pieces and it seemed difficult for him to be coherent on the subject, his personality would just completely change when we brought it up. This sheds some light on what he was likely talking about. :(