PDA

View Full Version : Wouldn't eliminating CO2 cause massive famine?

jrich4rpaul
04-19-2009, 08:59 AM
CO2 is necessary for plants to survive.

Plants feed us, as well as animals that feed us.

Take away CO2, you take away plants, animals and food as we know it.

Am I correct? If a guy who's spent over 3 years in a 2 year college can figure this out than why can't the President of the United States?

Or is that just the plan?

micahnelson
04-19-2009, 09:03 AM
We would die without water as well, but drowning is lethal. The discussion is over the proper balance, and the effects of industrialized society on the environment in which we live.

I believe any solution based on innovation and technology is great- anything that looks like a carbon credit ponzi scheme ... not so much.

I'm pretty sure our carbon debt can't be payed off with a big fat check to the UN.

Original_Intent
04-19-2009, 09:06 AM
CO2 levels fluctuating as a TRAILING indicator of global temperatures, not a leading indicator.

In other words, rising temps cause higher CO2 levels, not the other way around.

Global warming may or may not exist, however the case that global warming is man-caused has never been made. It's a complete scam.

Bruno
04-19-2009, 09:09 AM
CO2 levels fluctuating as a TRAILING indicator of global temperatures, not a leading indicator.

Global warming may or may not exist, however the case that global warming is man-caused has never been made. It's a complete scam.

this

and cap and trade won't reduce greenhouse emissions, it will just tax them.

orafi
04-19-2009, 09:36 AM

Man, if someone were to make that argument, you would have to have them explain the rising temperature of all the other heavenly bodies in our solar system.

If my exhaust could affect the sun's surface temp... holy shit.

satchelmcqueen
04-19-2009, 09:46 AM
i learned how this worked in 3rd grade. this is just another way for them to get more of our money.

LibForestPaul
04-19-2009, 01:19 PM
Direct answer: NO

Indirect Answer...
Feeding 8 billion people doesn't work with oxen and manure any more.

Feeding 1 billion hogs per year would be pretty difficult as well.