PDA

View Full Version : Would like your input on our Global Liberty Cooperative

Joe3113
04-19-2009, 01:33 AM
We've whipped up this http://globallibertycooperative.org/ in the past week after some of us here came up with the idea of global cooperation.

Would like people's opinions and ideas if you have any.

Imperial
04-19-2009, 04:34 PM
I like your agenda. It isn't too confrontational but takes many specific stands. Awesome!

For suggestion for other countries with strong liberty movements, you have to remember Costa Rica. Rasmussen from the CFL and Ron Paul campaign moved there to help there party, and the party has consistently gotten a handful of seats in their general assembly and polls well in the presidential elections. It is also an explicitly libertarian party. One of the leaders of the party also consistently does well; they have tried to maintain a good coalition in past years.

I think a good long-term goal is to get individual parties to join onboard too. LP in USA, The Costa Rican one( I think it is Movimiento Libertariano?), UKIP, and a couple others at least.

purplechoe
04-19-2009, 04:47 PM
From what little research I did, I found out that the Misses Institute for Austrian economics is not only based in Alabama as I originally thought. For example I found that there is a Polish Ludwig von Mises Institute - http://www.mises.pl/en/

Since you're talking about uniting us with the Austrian school of economics, maybe other countries have some type of Austrian type economics schools or communities available which will provide us with some kind of structure already in place favorable to the liberty message.

Joe3113
04-19-2009, 04:59 PM
I like your agenda. It isn't too confrontational but takes many specific stands. Awesome!

For suggestion for other countries with strong liberty movements, you have to remember Costa Rica. Rasmussen from the CFL and Ron Paul campaign moved there to help there party, and the party has consistently gotten a handful of seats in their general assembly and polls well in the presidential elections. It is also an explicitly libertarian party. One of the leaders of the party also consistently does well; they have tried to maintain a good coalition in past years.

I think a good long-term goal is to get individual parties to join onboard too. LP in USA, The Costa Rican one( I think it is Movimiento Libertariano?), UKIP, and a couple others at least.

Very interesting about Costa Rica. I didn't know that.

Joe3113
04-19-2009, 05:04 PM
From what little research I did, I found out that the Misses Institute for Austrian economics is not only based in Alabama as I originally thought. For example I found that there is a Polish Ludwig von Mises Institute - http://www.mises.pl/en/

Since you're talking about uniting us with the Austrian school of economics, maybe other countries have some type of Austrian type economics schools or communities available which will provide us with some kind of structure already in place favorable to the liberty message.

I wanted to make it explicity anti-monetarist initially, but others disagreed. So I guess we'll continue to discuss it.

Milton Friedman was against war, pro-drug legalisation and all that .... but obviously he has bad stigma because of the fiat government money he and his brethren advocate. And also his refutations of the Mises-Hayek Business cycle.

These are the types of things that need discussion.

Imperial
04-19-2009, 05:27 PM
I personally find monetarism a good compromise between Austrian and Keynesian economics, for a statist currency.

Still, I find no reason why legalization of competing currencies and monetarism are incompatible.

Plus, limiting out monetarism limits out alot of people who we can build bridges to. We already compromise on some issues, so I see no reason not to be compromising on this issue.

Joe3113
04-20-2009, 04:07 AM
I personally find monetarism a good compromise between Austrian and Keynesian economics, for a statist currency.

Still, I find no reason why legalization of competing currencies and monetarism are incompatible.

Plus, limiting out monetarism limits out alot of people who we can build bridges to. We already compromise on some issues, so I see no reason not to be compromising on this issue.

Perhaps.

LibertyEagle
04-23-2009, 08:02 PM
bump

Conza88
04-23-2009, 08:41 PM

Fraud is a reason. Compromise can GTFO.

Side note: Good stuff. Onwards and upwards.