PDA

View Full Version : April 19th is tomorrow

Dequeant
04-18-2009, 06:04 PM
An extremely important anniversary in our nation's history.

http://lcweb2.loc.gov/ammem/today/apr19.html

Stand your ground; don’t fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here.

politicsNproverbs
04-18-2009, 06:13 PM
This Day In History: April 19th

http://www.juntosociety.com/dayinhistory/041903.html

1689 - Residents of Boston oust their governor, Edmond Andros.
1764 - The English Parliament bans the American colonies from printing paper money.
1775 - The American Revolution begins as fighting breaks out at Lexington, Massachusetts.
1782 - The Netherlands recognizes the United States.
1794 - Tadeusz Kosciuszko forces the Russians out of Warsaw.
1802 - The Spanish reopen New Orleans port to American merchants.
1824 - English poet Lord Byron dies of malaria at age 36 while aiding Greek independence.
1861 - The Baltimore riots result in four Union soldiers and nine civilians killed.
1861 - President Lincoln orders a blockade of Confederate ports.
1880 - The Times war correspondent telephones a report of the Battle of Ahmed Khel, the first time news is sent from a field of battle in this manner.
1927 - In China, Hankow communists declare war on Chiang Kai-shek.
1934 - Shirley Temple appears in her first movie.
1938 - General Francisco Franco declares victory in the Spanish Civil War.
1939 - Connecticut finally approves the Bill of Rights.
1943 - The Warsaw Ghetto uprising against Nazi rule begins.
1960 - Baseball uniforms begin displaying player's names on their backs.
1971 - Russia launches its first Salyut space station.
1977 - Alex Haley receives a special Pulitzer Prize for his book Roots.
1982 - NASA names Sally Ride to be the first woman astronaut.
1989 - The battleship USS Iowa's number 2 turret explodes, killing sailors.
1993 - The FBI ends a 51-day siege by storming the Branch Dividian religious cult headquarters in Waco, Texas.
1995 - A truck bomb explodes in front of the federal building in Oklahoma City, killing 168 people.

(Got this strange msg. when I tried to post: "The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 2 characters." Ha. Never seen that one before, so I am adding it to lengthen this post by 2 characters and then some. :confused: )

ItsTime
04-18-2009, 06:22 PM
1995 - A truck bomb explodes in front of the federal building in Oklahoma City, several other bombs go off in the building, killing 168 people.

There I fixed that.

RonPaulVolunteer
04-18-2009, 06:26 PM
There I fixed that.

Yeah, I only heard about that one a year ago by some friends in Christian Ministry I respect very much, though I have not had time to research that.

Epic
04-18-2009, 06:34 PM
plus Columbine's planned date...

IPSecure
04-18-2009, 06:52 PM
Yeah, I only heard about that one a year ago by some friends in Christian Ministry I respect very much, though I have not had time to research that.

YouTube - Oklahoma City Bombing RARE footage (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWwrEEP8EBk#t=1m55s)

brandon
04-18-2009, 07:15 PM
April 20th is a pretty important day too.

Zolah
04-18-2009, 07:54 PM
April 18th has its significance too - April 18th 1996, a young student in Germany watched the news report of a refugee camp in Southern Lebanon, near a village called Qana, which had been shelled by Israeli artillerly, killing 106 unarmed, innocent refugees and injuring 116 other refugees, also including 4 United Nations soldiers (the camp was targetted because a couple Hezbollah fighters fired shots or artillerly from somewhere near it, was the eventual stated reason from the IDF). The incident became known as the Qana Massacre, and the student in Germany was Mohamed Atta, the 'mastermind' of 9/11, who vowed to exact revenge on America on April 18th 1996 when he wrote of his intentions of martyrdom - according to some people, including Robert Fisk.

But Giuliani will tell you 9/11 was because 'they hate our freedoms'.

ItsTime
04-18-2009, 07:58 PM

Yeah I had no idea about this until a few months ago. I did however always thought it strange such a small amount of "explosives" could deal so much damage. There is a youtube of a speech by a retired general explosives expert that explains in great detail how there was no way McVeigh acted alone and there was only one truck bomb.