PDA

View Full Version : We have to make Ron Paul's forthcoming book #1 NY Times list

max
04-18-2009, 04:29 PM
When Ron paul's "End the Fed" comes out, we should buy tons of copies. Just having a book with that title listed number one NY Times would really trigger a debate that has not really started yet.

The Tea party attendees on July 4 need educational ammunition badly. If we dont give it to them....their schooling will come from Rush/hannity?Levin et al.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0446549193?ie=UTF8&tag=bullnotbull-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=0446549193

torchbearer
04-18-2009, 04:32 PM
I think we are working on a book bomb for July 10th.

heavenlyboy34
04-18-2009, 04:33 PM
while you're at it, why not "Book bomb" strategic personalities, like Hannity, Rush, and local hosts/policy wonks? They're clearly in dire need of an education. ;):D:) The post office has a book rate (they did last I checked), which will make it cheaper to educate the media. :)

max
04-18-2009, 04:36 PM
while you're at it, why not "Book bomb" strategic personalities, like Hannity, Rush, and local hosts/policy wonks? They're clearly in dire need of an education. ;):D:) The post office has a book rate (they did last I checked), which will make it cheaper to educate the media. :)

While its true that Hannnity and Rush are woefully undereducated....keep in mind that they are also PRIDEFUL...

Egomaniacs don't like to be educated when they think they've already learned all that they need to know...Plus...hannity/Limbaugh are GOP butt boys..

It's worth doing...but I wouldn't hold out hop4es for those loudmouth know-it-alls...

we maight be able to reach certain liberals before we get through to pompous Rush and Hannity

AuH20
04-18-2009, 04:38 PM
While its true that Hannnity and Rush are woefully undereducated....keep in mind that they are also PRIDEFUL...

Egomaniacs don't like to be educated when they think they've already learned all that they need to know...Plus...hannity/Limbaugh are GOP butt boys..

It's worth doing...but I would hold out hop4es for those loudmouth know-it-alls...

we maight be able to reach certain liberals before we get through to pompous Rush and Hannity

I may not like Limbaugh but he's articulate and informed. Hannity not so much. ;)

torchbearer
04-18-2009, 04:39 PM
I may not like Limbaugh but he's articulate and informed. Hannity not so much. ;)

Limbaugh is a shill, the same as hannity.
He's just a smarter more intimidating shill.

max
04-18-2009, 04:42 PM

he's very articulate and informed when it comes to left bashing (I love to hear him bash Obama!)....

...but on matters of history, foreign policy/war, and monetary policy....he's clueless

TastyWheat
04-20-2009, 12:57 AM
Since it's pre-order right now do they count those numbers when it's officially released?

evilfunnystuff
06-07-2009, 01:26 AM

any word on this

RonPaulFanInGA
06-07-2009, 02:10 AM

That's a good date. It's also just over a month away. When will there be a website and mass promotion?

torchbearer
06-07-2009, 07:41 AM
That's a good date. It's also just over a month away. When will there be a website and mass promotion?

don't know because I no longer remember who was working on it.
With Rand announcing- I kind of lost track.

MRoCkEd
06-07-2009, 07:54 AM
Do pre-orders go towards the NYTimes debut?

FrankRep
06-07-2009, 08:00 AM
Amazon.com Sales Rank: #3,283

torchbearer
06-07-2009, 08:01 AM
i already pre-ordered. I think I pre-ordered both the hard back and audio book.

evilfunnystuff
06-07-2009, 10:11 AM
Do pre-orders go towards the NYTimes debut?

ive read that amazon sales are not counted toward the ny times list but dont know for sure if it is true

heres a quote from the wiki on how the best sellers are determined

The list is based on weekly sales reports obtained from selected samples of independent and chain bookstores, as well as wholesalers, throughout the United States. The sales figures are widely believed to represent books that have actually been sold at retail, rather than wholesale figures,[3] as the Times surveys a number of actual booksellers in an attempt to better reflect what is actually purchased by individual buyers. Some books are flagged with a dagger (†) indicating that a significant number of bulk orders had been received by retail bookstores.

The exact methodology used in creating the list is classified as a trade secret.[4] As of 1992, according to Edwin Diamond in his book Behind the Times, the survey encompasses over 3,000 bookstores as well as "representative wholesalers with more than 28,000 other retail outlets, including variety stores and supermarkets."[4]

MRoCkEd
06-07-2009, 10:29 AM
so basically we should all order copies online and buy some in store

evilfunnystuff
06-07-2009, 10:32 AM

that is the impression i got from people whhen we were pushin the manifesto up the charts

i would say the amazon best seller list is just as important as the ny times list in this day and age

evilfunnystuff
06-07-2009, 10:33 AM

+ preordering at a physical store could help get the book better product positioning if the store owner/manager sees the book as having potentialy big sales

dr. hfn
06-07-2009, 05:54 PM
one problem though is the ny times book review paper indicates whether or not a book is being bulk ordered when it's on the the "top seller" list