PDA

View Full Version : Secession is a Trap!

InterestedParticipant
04-18-2009, 02:20 PM
Now, see if you can figure out how and why. Comment below please....

Johnnybags
04-18-2009, 02:25 PM

If the state that secedes has the resources to sustain itself and excess to export it wins. If it does not it loses. Some states its a trap because they rely on others, some its a utopia because they are blessed with resources. Saudi Arabia come to mind?

CoreyBowen999
04-18-2009, 02:30 PM
Texas would be instantly rich if it seceded :P

Paulitical Correctness
04-18-2009, 02:35 PM
http://barackbar.com/img/barackbar.jpg

gb13
04-18-2009, 02:37 PM
Texas would be instantly rich if it seceded :P

True.

Massachusetts... not so much. Unless we decide to export liberalism... PLENTY of that to go around.

Texan4Life
04-18-2009, 04:02 PM
True.

Massachusetts... not so much. Unless we decide to export liberalism... PLENTY of that to go around.

lol... republic of texas anyone?

Though the local media got all fired up because of perry speaking at the austin tea party. and they were calling him out on his pandering and then tisk tisked him for suggesting tx succeed.

They then had a poll that asked if you thought texas should succeed and If memory serves me correct it was 16% for, 72% against, and 12% maybe.

steph3n
04-18-2009, 06:35 PM
it is a trap because it's a ploy by Perry who is a big pile of crap with a set of goodhair on top.

Objectivist
04-18-2009, 06:47 PM
Reality is there are too many variables to make a pro or con statement with unknown facts. Like which state or states planned to do it at the same time. Who would their trading partners be and why would it be in the rest of the countries interest to not trade with a specific ex-state or group of states? Texas would have no reason to worry as they have a viable working model in economics to sustain themselves. New York would be screwed.

He Who Pawns
04-18-2009, 07:21 PM

lol

Bruno
04-18-2009, 07:34 PM
You mean because then the government would have more reason to moblize against sucession movements as "anti-government" and use Obama's new federal police force? (never let a good crisis go to waste)

Anti Federalist
04-18-2009, 08:11 PM

JT Coyote, that you?;)

Smoke the Liberty Tree
04-18-2009, 08:13 PM
it is a trap because it's a ploy by Perry who is a big pile of crap with a set of goodhair on top.

Exactly. He is losing in the projected polls to a well known and well supported Republican Senator from Texas for the 2010 gubernatorial (sp?) election for Governor. This is a way for him to gain more support, and as something he can use as ammo in the next election. Barring that the stimulus package doesn't work, or is not forced to ;).

damania
04-18-2009, 09:13 PM
Check out the deal with Texas secession:

http://www.askbutwhy.com/2009/04/texas-sovereignty-joined-union-by.html

InterestedParticipant
04-19-2009, 12:45 AM
This article should shed some light.... and please visit the link to view the comments, so far they are very good. In short folks:

all of our movements are being co-opted (falsely-lead by NWO actors) so that an excuse can be created to destroy the members of these movements;
secession will be used to recruit members to this movement, and to give an excuse to the FEDs to retaliate and isolate those states;
secession is a diversion, distraction and obfuscation of forces against the NWO;
secession will be leveraged to break-apart and therefore diminish US power in order to make it easier to deliver small pieces to Global order for takeover.

We must identify false leaders, recognize their techniques of co-option, and fight against acting in concert with their deception.

Illuminati Will Pretend to Lead Resistance to NWO
April 19, 2009
by Henry Makow and Richard Evans
http://www.henrymakow.com/test.html

Secession has been a verboten issue in the United States since the end of the Civil War. Any group who've brought it up have been targeted by press and government as 'militant fringe groups" All of a sudden in 2009, we're seeing it endorsed by career politicians in several states simultaneously, and the media is giving them good press.

Last week, Rick Perry, Texas Governor since George W. Bush's departure in 2000, raised secession of Texas from the Federal Union at a Ron Paul type 'Tea Party" to protest Federal spending and the tax burden on the little guy.

Clearly the Illuminati intend to harness and divert popular discontent to advance their own secret agenda, i.e. the melding of the USA into their world government. Many people think the tea party movement in general exhibits a suspicious amount of organization and media acceptance. (Contrast Fox TV's coverage of this with "9-11 Truth.")

Perry later told the Star-Telegram that he "never specifically said that Texas should consider trying to secede." Technically he's correct. He got cheers telling the Tea Party rabble that the Republic of Texas legislature left a provision in the 1845 agreement to cede with the US Federal government.

But Perry is no populist. In May 2007, Dallas Morning News reported, "Gov. Rick Perry is flying to Istanbul, Turkey, today to speak at the super-secret Bilderberg Conference, a meeting of about 130 international leaders in business, media and politics." All the Governor's press secretary had to say was, "He's looking forward to learning the secret handshake." And, "It's their conference, and I suppose they can run it anyway they want." Perry's expenses were officially paid by the PAC group 'Texans for Rick Perry'.

Although he's never cared what the voters want, Perry intends to run for an unprecedented third term for Governor in 2010

Perry's gubernatorial resume includes supporting 'Open Borders'; proponent of the $145 billion+ Trans-Texas (NAFTA) Highway to the dismay and anger of central Texas residents who have never been consulted on whether they want or need it. (Thousands of square miles of land has been seized by the State of Texas under eminent domain for this project in Central Texas from the Mexican border just west of San Antonio, Austin, and and Dallas and North Texas.) Perry helped set it up so the project is being built by the Spanish contractor Cinta, and paid for by new toll highways all over the State.

Perry further alienated Texas parents and Legislators by attempting to override a "No" decision on mandatory vaccination of 11-year-old girls with an vaccine for an STD, venereal & warts (the $350 a pop "slut shot.") Perry invoked Executive Order in Feb 2007, but families filed class action suit and many financial connections between Perry and big pharma corporation Merck came out. Perry backed down but a new bill has been introduced that will make Gardasil mandatory "as an admission requirement for all primary and secondary schools."

THE REAL SECESSIONISTS

The real secessionist movement were arrested, one killed in 1997. Old school Texans will remember there was a genuine grass roots secessionist movement during the 70's through the 90's. They called themselves the Republic of Texas. During the 80's one couldn't miss seeing thousands of 'SECEDE!' bumper stickers in Houston and Austin traffic. Few people took the Secessionists seriously, but the Federal and Texas governments did. Secessionist movement leaders were hunted down and arrested or killed in West Texas in 1997.

The story made the New York Times and CNN, referring to them as 'militant secession group' and 'fringe group'. The group, led by Richard McLaren, stated historical fact that the original Republic of Texas legislature had never ratified Texas becoming a territory or State of the United States. The Republic of Texas was chartered as a sovereign nation recognized by the United States government at the time.

All the Republic of Texas members had been calling for was an official state wide public referendum so citizens could decide whether they wanted to remain under Federal government or reclaim Republic status.

One secessionist was killed in the Davis Mountains by Texas State Police helicopter snipers. No other witnesses. How is it that Governor Rick Perry is getting full media support using the same arguments a 'militant fringe group' did?

MEANWHILE IN TRINIDAD

The melding of the United States into the world government continues apace at the Latin American summit. Obama is offering Cuba a "new beginning" and exchanging Masonic handshakes with Chavez of Venezuela. He is telling them that the US is no longer a senior partner but an equal in the hemisphere.

None of this should be a surprise. Obama, Chavez and Castro are all Freemasons and Communists, and the New World Order is Masonic and Communist.

The Agenda will advance without a glitch as long as the Illuminati can continue to pretend to represent their own opposition.

Lovecraftian4Paul
04-19-2009, 12:46 AM
I've read the various info about secession with interest and don't know what to think. It would be great if it's driven by liberty-minded people and enacted as a last resort if we really must. However, there's so much of an opening for some really horrid setups by globalists. Hearing people like Perry suddenly call for this is just bizarre and disturbing too.

nate895
04-19-2009, 01:09 AM
Secession: The Last Resort of Liberty (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=177881)

jsu718
04-19-2009, 01:40 AM
Well I don't know about a yearly renewal, but I do know that all international treaties (which it was at the time) require a 2/3 vote from the Senate (Art II, Sec 2)... and the vote on this particular one allowing the admission of Texas as a state failed in the Senate. Instead they tried to do a questionably Constitutional move with a join resolution that did fine in the house but only 27-25 in the Senate. Doesn't seem like 2/3 to me. I say we were never a state to begin with!

diggronpaul
04-19-2009, 08:15 AM
In short folks:

all of our movements are being co-opted (falsely-lead by NWO actors) so that an excuse can be created to destroy the members of these movements;
secession will be used to recruit members to this movement, and to give an excuse to the FEDs to retaliate and isolate those states;
secession is a diversion, distraction and obfuscation of forces against the NWO;
secession will be leveraged to break-apart and therefore diminish US power in order to make it easier to deliver small pieces to Global order for takeover.

We must identify false leaders, recognize their techniques of co-option, and fight against acting in concert with their deception.

As you say, it could be this bad or it could simply be a distraction to keep RP people occupied with tea and secession parties...... if they really start seceding, then it's much worse trouble.

With the Barbarian at the Gates, the last thing we want to do is diffuse our power through secession.

politicsNproverbs
04-19-2009, 08:26 AM
I'm glad you posted the Henry article, saved me the trouble. I just posted it on another thread, but it is exactly what this thread's question is about.

PS: Nobody commented on this sentence in the Henry article... what's up with this, any truth to it? :

Many people think the tea party movement in general exhibits a suspicious amount of organization and media acceptance. (Contrast Fox TV's coverage of this with "9-11 Truth.")

orafi
04-19-2009, 08:55 AM
If the state that secedes has the resources to sustain itself and excess to export it wins. If it does not it loses. Some states its a trap because they rely on others, some its a utopia because they are blessed with resources. Saudi Arabia come to mind?

You don't need natural resources to sustain yourself. The only resource you really need is mind power and a populace that isn't lazy, but motivated to work hard - all enabled by a free market society with free trade with other nations. (Honk Kong was just a barren rock, after all)

I think being landlocked between union states would be the biggest problem a state could face (other than war).

brandon
04-19-2009, 09:24 AM
Depends on the state. The state would need to either be on the coast or share a border with Canada/Mexico.

Also, the state would need to have a good amount of US military equipment inside of their borders that they could claim as their own and use for defence.

Scribbler de Stebbing
04-19-2009, 09:40 AM
Think Homeland Security is watching this thread? Nawwwww. (Hi, guys.)

donnay
04-19-2009, 09:57 AM
It's a trap indeed to learn more go here.... (http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=4199.0)

Anti Federalist
04-19-2009, 11:49 AM
Think Homeland Security is watching this thread? Nawwwww. (Hi, guys.)

Think John Hancock cared, when he signed his name so large King George could read it without his glasses?

;)

Screw 'em/

Deborah K
04-19-2009, 12:53 PM

Rick Perry is a globalist. Ask Terri Hall http://satollparty.blogspot.com/ this powerhouse lady has been at the forefront of shutting down the NAFTA Superhighway that Perry has been trying to build in Texas. She spoke at the Revolution March about this.

Perry's just another form of Romney...slick as snot....but no substance. Seems like he's being primed for POTUS in 2012. I'd like to see Dr. Paul take his place in Texas. THEN, if Texas seceded, I'd probably move back.

mczerone
04-19-2009, 01:19 PM
I'm thinking of writing an article on framing secession as a form of voluntarism, because it is at least a positive assertion in choosing one system over another.

Further, individuals need to stop thinking that they are bound by the government and must escape from it. Instead we must think in terms that recognize that we are naturally disconnected from a central power, and we must submit to its rule. It's not secession as much as a declaration of non-participation in rule by force. That declaration can be done at any level - state, local, or individual.

We need to stop letting the government dictate that they have absolute power over the entirety of life when they only truly derive consent from about 51-55% (the voters for the winners) of 20-40% (the fraction of eligibles that actually vote) of 80% (the fraction actually eligible to vote after excluding children and convicts and non-government recognized residents) of the population. We can then necessarily assume that a MAJORITY of the population are at least not being represented by the government, and a large portion thereof actually disapprove of it.

The only way to justify government through the consent of the governed is to recognize that the governed can opt out of any particular government's clutches - whether through easy relocation (i.e. not allowing a single government to control more than single communities or through allowing individuals to choose their justice, security, and other public services from a free market regardless of geographical location.

I'm done letting 13% of us choose .0001% of us to restrict our liberties, deny our rights, and spend upwards of 50% each of our's wealth. Secession may not be the best solution, but its one of the decently attractive options on the table.

ProBlue33
04-19-2009, 04:00 PM

As a Star Wars fan, that's an awesome poster, lol

IT'S A TRAP

diggronpaul
04-20-2009, 11:17 AM
Have you seen this?
http://www.freepressinternational.com/2009/02/alex-jones-exposed/

Alex Jones is promoting the state’s sovereignty movement and I will soon explain why this is so dangerous.

Alex and I both had public access television shows in Austin, Texas. I started in 1988 and Alex started his show in 1993, I believe. I won’t go into detail, but Alex copied what I was doing and then back stabbed me.

Alex is either a fraud or very misinformed.

The state’s sovereignty movement is a key part of the takeover of America.

It’s called divide and conquer.

The real problem is corrupt federal, state and local governments.

The state governments are conspiring with the federal government to divide America!!!

In order to save America, we must stand united.

The solution is to become active and stop this rampant corruption within our federal, state, and local governments.

Be sure and watch Alex back peddle on his stance in the next few days.
www.prisonplanet.com

Unless you hear these words come out of Alex Jones mouth - “The state governments are conspiring with the federal government to divide America!!!” - He can’t be trusted.

Most of what Alex is talking about is the truth. I can say this because he learned it from me and Jeff Davis.(another TV host) I learned a great deal from Jeff Davis.

In these times the only person one can trust is yourself.

Greg Ericson
Free Press International

UtahApocalypse
04-20-2009, 11:25 AM
Think John Hancock cared, when he signed his name so large King George could read it without his glasses?

;)

Screw 'em/

You know quite often I reflect upon what those first patriots went through and did. Upon these reflections I realize often that even we, the ones who are trying to work for liberty, freedom, and restore our republic are pussies.

We get excited at empty words, we seek permission and permits for our protests, We still pay our taxes even though we disagree with them. We are nothing like the first patriots who boldly struck against England and declared what they were doing. they did not ask, they did not take time to cut red tape.

My friends when will we finally take our stand? when will we risk everything so that our future may be secure?

Anti Federalist
04-20-2009, 12:00 PM
You know quite often I reflect upon what those first patriots went through and did. Upon these reflections I realize often that even we, the ones who are trying to work for liberty, freedom, and restore our republic are pussies.

We get excited at empty words, we seek permission and permits for our protests, We still pay our taxes even though we disagree with them. We are nothing like the first patriots who boldly struck against England and declared what they were doing. they did not ask, they did not take time to cut red tape.

My friends when will we finally take our stand? when will we risk everything so that our future may be secure?

My thoughts exactly.

Don't call it a "revolution" unless you mean it.