PDA

View Full Version : How do we combat media's tea party divide & conquer tactics?

libertygrl
04-18-2009, 11:12 AM
I participated in a Tea Party rally, and wanted to show you a letter to the editor sent to Newsday in response to these local rallies on LI:

What's Behind The "Tea Parties"

"The tea party protests are not spontaneous grassroots outpouring [LIers enjoy tea parties,"April 16] They are being orchestrated nationally by among others, Freedom Works, a right-wing lobbying firm led by former Republican House Majority Leader Dick Armey.

The middle class people who attended (and who just got a tax cut from the Obama administration) are basically asking that the tax cuts they received be undone to keep the Bush tax cuts for the extremely wealthy.

These people are being manipulated to advocate against their own interest by very wealthy conservative lobbyists who are extremely upset that they are out of power and who don't want the tax cuts for the wealthy to end."
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, I agree with the writer in that these tea party rallies were hijacked by the GOP and Faux News but wasn't it Santori 's rant on CNBC the real igniter of these protests? Also, the people I came across during the rally were Republicans but they were also fed up with Bush's policies and blame him just as much as they now blame Obama.

It's so infuriating to see MSNBC & CNN basically employing the same tactics against the tea party protesters, that were used against us and Ron Paul. And don't even get me going about Faux News' sudden conversion!

While I do feel deeply frustrated, I also see a window of opportunity opening up as long as we act quickly and employ the proper strategy to counter these obvious divide and conquor tactics. It just makes perfect sense how the media is manipulating the population to keep us divided because let's face it, a lot more people are waking up and once we are united... we will be unstoppable!

I belong to an email list of my local tea party protest group. (they plan on having more protests) The people I met were mainly Republicans, but the few that I spoke with didn't like Bush either. Since I have access to contacting them, I've been putting out bits of information here and there like HR 1207. I will soon be making a case for them to join up with CFL and will be employing my own tactic of problem.. reaction.. solution.

Problem: Many of these people have also been frustrated by the attacks from the media making these protests out to be just a Republican thing. Many are fed up with government in general.

Reaction: They try to combat this by responding to the media with letters and emails to no avail.

Solution: Introduce them to CFL and what it represents. That the members are from both political sides who stand united in restoring the country to its constitutional principles. By joining up, we stand a better chance of combating the media and the GOP's attempts to divide us into separate groups where we simply cannot win.

If you have any other suggestions on how to fight these divide and conquer tactics, I'm all ears! This is just too important for us to allow it to slip through our fingers. Timeing is EVERYTHING!

Bern
04-18-2009, 11:19 AM
Instead of fighting the media, consider engaging a path that educates, could produce a tangible result and which the media can't spin (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=188745&page=5).

rpfan2008
04-18-2009, 11:25 AM
(While on web) attack anti-war/ pro-iraq-withdrawal / people talking abt the torture memo/ pro-tea-party etc. etc. and sound like an 'operative'..make them feel suspicious.

Athan
04-18-2009, 10:40 PM
The same way the fought the machines in the Matrix!!
Mini E.M.P. pulses! :D