PDA

View Full Version : Web Government

Mordan
04-18-2009, 07:26 AM
above congress and the senate you would have the people with an open source software for managing the publications of bills and the voting process on those bills.

nothing gets passed into law without a majority vote of the people :)

Someone with writing skills get bold like Thomas Paine. Common Sense gave us something. But that's not enough.

Danke
04-18-2009, 07:33 AM
above congress and the senate you would have the people with an open source software for managing the publications of bills and the voting process on those bills.

nothing gets passed into law without a majority vote of the people :)

Someone with writing skills get bold like Thomas Paine. Common Sense gave us something. But that's not enough.

Mobocracy, no accountability, no thanks.

hugolp
04-18-2009, 07:43 AM
Mobocracy, no accountability, no thanks.

Agree.

What I have in mind is having Congress and Senate virtual.

I watched some political videos and everybody agrees that congressman and senators changed when they went to Washington. Now I think they are alredy "changed" before they go. But the point is that the Washington enviroment with all those lobiest arround influence the congresman andd senators. If they live in their states and do virtual meeting (video, audio) and vote through the internet, its harder plus living among the people they represent they would think twice about voting some things since they have to go to the street.

FrankRep
04-18-2009, 07:44 AM
Mob rule is scary. No thank you.

Kludge
04-18-2009, 09:21 AM
Nah.

I'll stick with tyranny of the minority.

People need to be protected from themselves.

It's easier to murder <1000 people than it is to murder >1 million.

Wait -- do you think others would just let us "remove" "representatives" from office?

krazy kaju
04-18-2009, 09:39 AM
Democracy is not freedom or liberty.

Austin
04-18-2009, 10:24 AM
No.

Though I support the use of the web as a means to conduct meetings and votes. Congress shouldn't have to travel to Washington, instead they vote and meet from the comfort of their local office. This will reduce number of staff, traveling expenses, etc. Furthermore, it would keep the representatives closer to the people; more accountability.

Mordan
04-18-2009, 04:48 PM
Mob rule is scary. No thank you.

well you are fools. it is already mob rule.

if you think Ron Paul will be president without 51% of the sheeple agreeing with him...

participative democracy makes the mob responsible.

Minlawc
04-18-2009, 05:13 PM
Agree.

What I have in mind is having Congress and Senate virtual.

I watched some political videos and everybody agrees that congressman and senators changed when they went to Washington. Now I think they are alredy "changed" before they go. But the point is that the Washington enviroment with all those lobiest arround influence the congresman andd senators. If they live in their states and do virtual meeting (video, audio) and vote through the internet, its harder plus living among the people they represent they would think twice about voting some things since they have to go to the street.

I had an idea of setting up an interactive mock-congress on the internet. Create a more efficient system of election(Range voting, etc), and have them vote on bills that they themselves create, and bills that are currently in congress.

DamianTV
04-19-2009, 04:10 AM
I vote Bad Idea.

A man who votes has no power. He who counts the votes has all the power in the world. In the virtual world, there is no accountability.

TastyWheat
04-20-2009, 01:31 AM
well you are fools. it is already mob rule.

if you think Ron Paul will be president without 51% of the sheeple agreeing with him...

participative democracy makes the mob responsible.
It doesn't make them intelligent or well-informed though.