PDA

View Full Version : Why lack of Participation from C4L Members??

David40
04-17-2009, 09:44 PM
I was looking at the CFL membership numbers for Florida and I noticed something disturbing. Out of almost 9,000 members we only have 115 participating Precinct Leaders for the entire state. Rule of thumb for any organized group is that 20% do all the work while the rest sit on their butts and do nothing. If the norm were to hold true for us we should have about 2,000 leaders statewide. I have to ask myself why anyone would join our cause and then do nothing? The whole point of the CFL is to create an activist leader in every precinct in the county and the numbers in Florida are dismal. Is it the 35 bucks a year fee? Lets see, that comes to less than 10 cents a day. Is it possible our people are so poor we can't afford 10 cents a day. Is it fear? laziness? No time?
I would love to hear from anyone that can explain this to me.

If you vote "Other" in the Poll, sound off and let us know the reason. Inquiring minds want to know

heavenlyboy34
04-17-2009, 09:48 PM
I was looking at the CFL membership numbers for Florida and I noticed something disturbing. Out of almost 9,000 members we only have 115 participating Precinct Leaders for the entire state. Rule of thumb for any organized group is that 20% do all the work while the rest sit on their butts and do nothing. If the norm were to hold true for us we should have about 2,000 leaders statewide. I have to ask myself why anyone would join our cause and then do nothing? The whole point of the CFL is to create an activist leader in every precinct in the county and the numbers in Florida are dismal. Is it the 35 bucks a year fee? Lets see, that comes to less than 10 cents a day. Is it possible our people are so poor we can't afford 10 cents a day. Is it fear? laziness? No time?

I am not a Floridian, but I can explain my individual case. I have to wait until very local gigs come up because I can't afford to travel more than a few miles regularly. :( Hope things get better for you soon! :) xoxoxo

LibertyEagle
04-17-2009, 09:48 PM
You're probably going to get more answers from C4L members, if you ask this on the C4L site.

Kludge
04-17-2009, 09:50 PM
You're probably going to get more answers from C4L members, if you ask this on the C4L site.

This.

I'm not a member of C4L ATM.

muzzled dogg
04-17-2009, 09:52 PM
why pay for a title that means absolutely nothing?

David40
04-17-2009, 09:53 PM
There is no way for me to do that. All post are screened and this would be classified a negative outlook and never be allowed to appear in the featured blogs on the home page. I have it in my personal blog but only people who accidentally stumble across it are going find it there:(.

David40
04-17-2009, 09:57 PM

That's a good point. I should have added that to the poll. I'm sure there are many who act as the leader in their precinct but don't do it officially. Wonder if there is a way to edit a poll?

JoshLowry
04-17-2009, 10:36 PM
I'm a paid member, but I don't look at CFL as some others might. In my eyes, i'm my own Campaign For Liberty!

You do well with the Rand Paul videos!

ronpaulhawaii
04-17-2009, 10:46 PM
There is no way for me to do that. All post are screened and this would be classified a negative outlook and never be allowed to appear in the featured blogs on the home page. I have it in my personal blog but only people who accidentally stumble across it are going find it there:(.

and you probably are touching on a big reason in your own post.

It is going to take time for the wounds of the PCC to heal, and CfL is going to have to prove (to many people) they are not going to waste our money and time, like the PCC did, as well.

I still hold out hope. I still support the Mission Statement. The conference in MO was good, but at too expensive of a venue... I look forward to seeing what they do at the next one...

TheTyke
04-18-2009, 03:56 AM
Haha, I like your options on that post. I go with "I'm shy." although as a matter of fact I AM signed up as a County Coordinator. I'm not very effective because I don't hand out fliers or go door to door - but at least I help keep people informed, host meetings etc.

It's a really good question though, because there are tons of people in my county who are great activists and do a lot, who haven't signed up with CFL yet. I need to find out why as well.

nayjevin
04-18-2009, 04:55 AM
Yeah I'm getting active with CFL here lately, was waiting to be settled down in a place I know I'm going to live for a while. Aside from all the skepticism of the central organization, it's an excellent tool for local activism. Automatic messages to all members in your county to promote an event for instance. Boot camp that forces you to learn about your local politics -- and provides a place to compile all the addresses and phone numbers of your reps and local GOP, DP, LP, and CP figureheads.

What sold me on the Campaign for Liberty was the precinct leader tools. They're designed to get a person from zero to powerful at a precinct level in just a few steps.

I suspect many people couldn't answer the questions on the first page and gave up. I think they did that on purpose.

David40
04-18-2009, 07:13 AM
I can agree with that. I love the tools. When I went to the training area I realized how ignorant I was about what it takes to be an effective political force in your precinct. The training presented me with things I never considered or thought about, like demographics, and other important details you should know off the top of your head for an organized approach. If you have what it takes to get through the training it's much more than just a useless title.

ronpaulhawaii
04-18-2009, 07:32 AM
I can agree with that. I love the tools. When I went to the training area I realized how ignorant I was about what it takes to be an effective political force in your precinct. The training presented me with things I never considered or thought about, like demographics, and other important details you should know off the top of your head for an organized approach. If you have what it takes to get through the training it's much more than just a useless title.

Yes, the training and the PL tools are the diamonds of CfL... In that sense, CfL is building a very good "tool" for the greater movement, (which will always be bigger than CfL).

I don't know what you mean by "have what it takes" regarding the training, unless you mean a lot more than $35...

David40
04-18-2009, 08:05 AM
Yes more than the money. It takes a tremendous amount of dedication and work just to get through the training. Definitely separates the men from the boys so to speak.

ronpaulhawaii
04-18-2009, 09:16 AM
Yes more than the money. It takes a tremendous amount of dedication and work just to get through the training. Definitely separates the men from the boys so to speak.

Sorry, I mis-understood, I was thinking about the training at the regional conferences as being too expensive for many...

Along the lines you are following, we need to remember that the bulk of the online support is younger folk, who are not yet settled, and probably reluctant to begin a long term project like this. The tools are more suited to people who are settled, (homeowners/etc). The trick will be reaching those people, and the tea parties provide a decent venue for recruiting...

Onward and forward

torchbearer
04-18-2009, 09:22 AM

It means nothing if you do nothing.
Sorta like what people do here. Nothing.

Things will only happen when you do SOMETHING, and when you decide to be a precinct leader, that comes with a list of SOMETHINGS that need to be done.

David40
04-18-2009, 10:10 AM
Yes, and it's an impressive list. You must answer the questions presented in each section before moving on to the next, and you must do the research to get those answers. I'm still only half way through it.

Don't Tread on Mike
04-18-2009, 09:58 PM
Trying to pay for my education.

mozarkriver
06-12-2009, 01:33 AM
You have to realize that those 9,000 "members" are really just email addresses...they don't even know the people's names on many of them...they went back through all their old email lists and counted every one of them as a member. That's why you see the distinction of members, accounts, and precinct leaders. Accounts are people who have set up an account on the website.

The bright side is that there are far more people out there that are politically active who just plain don't want to give C4L any more of their money and have never joined. I know around here there are about 20 people active locally but only 4 or 5 signed up with C4L...and most of those won't renew their membership fee when it expires...like others have said, you don't get much for your $35 that you can't do on your own. All the precinct leader tools are is a fill in the blank list that tells you to find out who your local elected officials are...not all that useful in my opinion. I thought they were supposed to roll out a new tool every month, but I guess they figured since nobody was using the precinct leader tools they wouldn't bother anymore...

LibertyEagle
06-12-2009, 01:49 AM
You have to realize that those 9,000 "members" are really just email addresses...they don't even know the people's names on many of them...they went back through all their old email lists and counted every one of them as a member. That's why you see the distinction of members, accounts, and precinct leaders. Accounts are people who have set up an account on the website.

Source please.

Matt Collins
06-13-2009, 08:54 AM
CFL in FL is screwed up because of a poor decision by their Iterim State Coordinator (and refusal by him to do anything about it), and internal meddling by the CFL-HQ, specifically booting one of the biggest leaders in the FL CFL without any basis whatsoever.

LibertyEagle
06-13-2009, 08:59 AM
CFL in FL is screwed up because of a poor decision by their Iterim State Coordinator (and refusal by him to do anything about it), and internal meddling by the CFL-HQ, specifically booting one of the biggest leaders in the FL CFL without any basis whatsoever.

Bullshit, Matt. Even Heath Whiteaker ended up supporting the move. I can't believe you're starting up this crap again.

LittleLightShining
06-13-2009, 01:39 PM
Source please.The assertion made by mozark doesn't surprise me. I have stuff coming to 3 of my email addresses from C4L but the daily updates only come to my registered account.

mozarkriver
06-13-2009, 10:02 PM
I'd be interested in learning more about what you refer to as "internal meddling." What sort of things have happenend? To me, this is precisely why state organizations need true autonomy. Appointed state coordinators will make decisions differently and favor the decisions national wants if they know they can be removed at any time. Everything else flows from that relationship.

torchbearer
06-13-2009, 10:11 PM
I'd be interested in learning more about what you refer to as "internal meddling." What sort of things have happenend? To me, this is precisely why state organizations need true autonomy. Appointed state coordinators will make decisions differently and favor the decisions national wants if they know they can be removed at any time. Everything else flows from that relationship.

I can speak for Louisiana- they have let us do as we want as long as we don't do anything that won't compromise their "government tax status".
We run mostly independent. Same as we did during the campaign.
We are a confederacy as far as we are concerned.

torchbearer
06-13-2009, 10:14 PM
//

Matt Collins
06-14-2009, 12:06 PM
Bullshit, Matt. Even Heath Whiteaker ended up supporting the move. I can't believe you're starting up this crap again.I like Heath, he's a friend, but he has a lot more to lost than does Nick.

LibertyEagle
06-14-2009, 12:09 PM
I like Heath, he's a friend, but he has a lot more to lost than does Nick.

What are you implying here, Matt?

Matt Collins
06-14-2009, 12:13 PM
Here are some threads for you to review:

It started here:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=175109&highlight=egoroff

And here is the follow up -
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=175865
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=176051
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=175912
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=176139
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=175942
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=176348

Matt Collins
06-14-2009, 12:18 PM
What are you implying here, Matt?That Heath doesn't want to anger the CFL-HQ because he's running for County Commissioner.

I'm not passing judgment, and it was probably the politically smart thing for Heath to do. But Heath potentially has a lot more to lose by making the CFL-HQ mad at him. I'm not saying Heath's course of action was wrong or a bad etc, however I am just making an outside observation which could explain potential reasons for this. I am friends with Heath and I support him in his race and hope he wins (if I was still in FL I'd be working for him). I also support Nick and his efforts too, he's another friend.

LibertyEagle
06-14-2009, 12:19 PM
That Heath doesn't want to anger the CFL-HQ because he's running for County Commissioner.

I'm not passing judgment, and it was probably the politically smart thing for Heath to do. But Heath potentially has a lot more to lose by making the CFL-HQ mad at him. I'm not saying Heath's course of action was wrong or a bad etc, however I am just making an outside observation which could explain potential reasons for this. I am friends with Heath and I support him in his race and hope he wins (if I was still in FL I'd be working for him). I also support Nick and his efforts too, he's another friend.

Or, of course, it could have been that he agreed with what C4L did, as he said. :rolleyes:

Imperial
06-14-2009, 02:38 PM
I dunno how much I can do in the GOP yet, but I do want to sign up. The requirements and expectations are just a bit much for me. I mean, I want to do stuff but I can't do everything they want...

Matt Collins
06-14-2009, 03:49 PM
Or, of course, it could have been that he agreed with what C4L did, as he said. :rolleyes:Of course. I never said he didn't. I don't know what's in Heath's mind, nor do I really care, his opinions are his own and they don't concern me ha ha. But I DO know that it would not be strategically advantageous for him to make the CFL-HQ mad at him.

LibertyEagle
06-14-2009, 03:50 PM
Of course. I never said he didn't. I don't know what's in Heath's mind, nor do I really care, his opinions are his own and they don't concern me ha ha. But I DO know that it would not be strategically advantageous for him to make the CFL-HQ mad at him.

Are you done with your innuendos, Matt? :rolleyes:

Does Rand know you pull this type of crap?

Matt Collins
06-14-2009, 10:25 PM
Are you done with your innuendos, Matt? There is no innuendo. What I have stated is a FACT. Can you not distinguish the difference? :confused::rolleyes:

disorderlyvision
06-14-2009, 10:38 PM
http://i524.photobucket.com/albums/cc329/disorderlyvision/CM518Can-t-We-Just-Get-A-Bong-Poste.jpg

CasualApathy
06-21-2009, 04:13 PM
I'm thinking about it, but not too many active members in denmark

newbitech
06-21-2009, 11:03 PM
I live in FL, I was a precinct leader in FL during the campaign. I did door to door and called people on the list etc..

To be honest tho, this economy is killing me. Besides that, I am at odds with people who agree that kicking out an activist who has gotten results is in the best interest of the greater movement.

Also, when I moved from St. Pete to Tampa, the leadership of the C4L did a very bad job of getting me information that I didn't have time to get on my own. I would have gotten it on my own, but I was told it would be taken care of. I won a seat on the GOP committee, but the only person who has ever called me to organize was a GOP member who thought I was a democrat trying to infiltrate the party. The wanted to confirm my details etc, and then started asking about my background and criminal history.

So I decided to just lay low and back off the higher profile stuff. So yeah I have some paranoia going on, don't want people looking for dirt on me. I have just gotten off of probation. I was being an activist when I was charged and arrested. No one from the C4L, or Ron Paul campaign came to my trial. Now that I am back to having my rights again, I may look to get more involved but I am done with the GOP, and I am pretty sure the C4L still thinks they can take that mess over.

So yay thats my story, I can elaborate more if anyone cares..

muzzled dogg
06-21-2009, 11:15 PM
It means nothing if you do nothing.
Sorta like what people do here. Nothing.

Things will only happen when you do SOMETHING, and when you decide to be a precinct leader, that comes with a list of SOMETHINGS that need to be done.

you don't have to pay $35 for a c4L title to do something

LibertyEagle
06-21-2009, 11:17 PM
you don't have to pay $35 for a c4L title to do something

Very true. But, you know, I can't believe this complaint about the 35 bucks shows up so many times. They only put that in place to try to get rid of some of the spammers and trolls.

mozarkriver
06-22-2009, 12:26 AM
They only put that in place to try to get rid of some of the spammers and trolls.

This is not exactly true. There are security features on the website that stop spammers and trolls. The $35 fee was not intended to do that.

More accurately, they say that the $35 is a filter to get rid of some of the more nutty people who were involved in the presidential campaign. Alternatively, there are many good people who would be good leaders but won't pay the $35, and so are not involved. Many of them have already gone back to their couches. So the filter theory is a bust in my opinion...it filters out too many good people.

I think if we really want to grow this movement we need to seriously re-evaluate the business model here and abandon membership fees. I think C4L would make a lot more money on merchandise than they do on membership fees if they would just expand the membership base and have a more professional looking store with more/better merchandise.

Blockbuster movies always make more money selling merchandise than they do selling movie tickets...but if the ticket price is too high and nobody goes to the movies you won't sell any merchandise either.

I think the best/easiest way to grow the membership would be to eliminate membership fees, have open elections of leadership with ALL members having voting rights, and allow the grass roots to elect the national board, with state organizations exercising complete autonomy.

The top down approach has scared off many people.

Minarchy4Sale
06-22-2009, 01:37 AM
Its simple. C4L is run by a bunch of lamers who are more interested in maintaining activism jobs than in making any real changes... Honestly, the only time I hear from C4L it involves me giving them money... Which I wouldnt mind if they were spending it on real media stuff... instead of overhead on a gaggle of Paul worshippers who just want to get paid for what the rest of us do for free.

mozarkriver
06-22-2009, 01:55 AM
To be fair, I don't think anyone is getting rich working for C4L, though I don't know the salary of everyone working there. They work hard and earn what they do make. I just don't agree with the way the organization is structured.

LittleLightShining
06-22-2009, 03:12 AM
I think the best/easiest way to grow the membership would be to eliminate membership fees, have open elections of leadership with ALL members having voting rights, and allow the grass roots to elect the national board, with state organizations exercising complete autonomy.

The top down approach has scared off many people.To add to this, the fact that HQ has changed it's course from supposedly being a bottom up educational AND political organization to a top down, centrally planned political group has really hurt our efforts here in VT. We had a focus and a direction and we were making headway and receiving a lot of recognition for our rapid growth. Well, our growth has stagnated and in large part it's because of the mess from the top.

We thought we would be an autonomous state group, connected to other state groups by our main principles, not a handful of people in Washington monitoring us to make sure we're using the website enough and not using the letterhead.

It's really frustrating to me that we're expected to get a specific number of people to sign up, pay the dues and commit to a list of activities before we can really define who we are. And then, as in my case, I joined being led to believe it's one thing, have taken the name Vermont Campaign For Liberty with me everywhere I go (as have all of us here), built it into a recognizable group, stressed the non-partisan, educational and political activity nature of our group, brought in new people and now, well, it's not that anymore? It's a party-oriented group only and go join the JBS if you care about education?

That will not work here. If we do not take the time to educate people-- in the party and out-- we will get nowhere. Every time I get together with activists of different stripes for whatever purpose I hear a common theme-- "You guys are doing the right thing by being non-partisan in VT. We need to educate the younger people about responsibility and the Constitution. Both parties have lost their way and the people need to hear the truth."

I haven't had coffee yet and I''m starting to ramble but personally I'm feeling a little used and abused by national. The change from being a political and educational group to just a political group really ticks me off. I'll probably be back later to tie up the loose ends in my post :o

LibertyEagle
06-22-2009, 04:01 AM
This is not exactly true. There are security features on the website that stop spammers and trolls. The $35 fee was not intended to do that.

More accurately, they say that the $35 is a filter to get rid of some of the more nutty people who were involved in the presidential campaign. Alternatively, there are many good people who would be good leaders but won't pay the $35, and so are not involved. Many of them have already gone back to their couches. So the filter theory is a bust in my opinion...it filters out too many good people.

I think if we really want to grow this movement we need to seriously re-evaluate the business model here and abandon membership fees. I think C4L would make a lot more money on merchandise than they do on membership fees if they would just expand the membership base and have a more professional looking store with more/better merchandise.

Blockbuster movies always make more money selling merchandise than they do selling movie tickets...but if the ticket price is too high and nobody goes to the movies you won't sell any merchandise either.

What shoots your premise is the fact that you do not have to pay any membership fees whatsoever to participate in C4L. The membership fee is only required if you want to become a precinct leader. If someone isn't committed enough to fork up $35, then I doubt they care too much about being a precinct leader. Do you? If you know some dedicated, great individual whom you believe does not have the $35, then I am quite sure that people here would be willing to pay it for them.

As an aside, I've personally offered to pay this fee for a handful of people that I've seen on here complaining about this fee. NOT A ONE took me up on the offer. :rolleyes:

Sounds like a wonderful way to destroy an organization of this sort, in one fell blow. Tell me, what would stop those who want to see our movement fail, from jumping in there and voting a national board full of neocons? Eh? RON PAUL CHOSE THE BOARD. Apparently, he wanted people he knew he could trust.

The top down approach has scared off many people.
From what I understand, it's not top-down like you describe at all. Once you build your state organization up, you can choose your own leaders. Once you build your state organization, it's YOUR choice whether or not you want to associate your organization with C4L. If you do not think it will benefit you, then don't. No one is forcing you to do anything.

LittleLightShining
06-22-2009, 04:59 AM
From what I understand, it's not top-down like you describe at all. Once you build your state organization up, you can choose your own leaders. Once you build your state organization, it's YOUR choice whether or not you want to associate your organization with C4L. If you do not think it will benefit you, then don't. No one is forcing you to do anything.For what it's worth, LE, we've spent an awful lot of time and energy here in VT building up the VTC4l and now we're being told that what we're doing, and have done all along, and were praised for doing just 6 months ago(!) is the wrong approach and we need to do what they want us to do. At least, this is my understanding after reading the new documents that govern our future affiliation.

LibertyEagle
06-22-2009, 05:13 AM
I think you should talk to them about it and get it cleared up.

Matt Collins
06-22-2009, 10:22 PM
To be fair, I don't think anyone is getting rich working for C4L, though I don't know the salary of everyone working there. I've been told differently by a source I trust. But I've been unable to verify it, neither has anyone else to my knowledge. They keep the books closed which I kind of find a bit hypocritical, but whatever.

Honestly however I don't have a problem with someone who is working for the CFL and making good money doing so, as long as the goals are being reached, and results are being generated. But transparency would be nice.

ingrid
06-22-2009, 11:22 PM
I've been told differently by a source I trust. But I've been unable to verify it, neither has anyone else to my knowledge. They keep the books closed which I kind of find a bit hypocritical, but whatever.

Honestly however I don't have a problem with someone who is working for the CFL and making good money doing so, as long as the goals are being reached, and results are being generated. But transparency would be nice.

You could check their 990 form to see if it's true.

Matt Collins
06-23-2009, 07:28 AM
You could check their 990 form to see if it's true.Really? How do I do that?

sluggo
06-23-2009, 07:52 AM
One issue I have with the C4L is that they seem to spend so much on direct mailings.
Pretty expensive, and I'm not sure how effective it is in the internet age.

Seems like direct mail appeals mainly to the geriatric crowd, who generally identify with the GOP status quo.

mozarkriver
06-25-2009, 05:09 AM
Really? How do I do that?

By law a nonprofit must give anyone that requests it a copy of their 990.

Objectivist
06-25-2009, 05:10 AM
You didn't have my category listed.

mozarkriver
06-25-2009, 05:11 AM
One issue I have with the C4L is that they seem to spend so much on direct mailings.

Seems like direct mail appeals mainly to the geriatric crowd, who generally identify with the GOP status quo.

They are raising hundreds of thousands of dollars on these direct mail campaigns. This is the main source of funding right now. However I don't think its a source that can be counted on forever...they need to figure out a more sustainable way to generate income.

Matt Collins
06-28-2009, 08:28 AM

They are raising hundreds of thousands of dollars on these direct mail campaigns. This is the main source of funding right now. However I don't think its a source that can be counted on forever...they need to figure out a more sustainable way to generate income.
Yes, but they need to get their database managed better. For instance everytime they send something out I get two of them. That's kind of a waste of postage. Also, they should look at those who have and who have not donated, and if after 3 attempts to get someone to donate, they should get taken off of the request-for-donation list.

mport1
07-01-2009, 10:14 PM
Other - I've come to the conclusion that national politics is pretty futile and would rather concentrate on something that has a greater possibility of success like the Free State Project.

Volitzer
07-01-2009, 10:35 PM

If you vote "Other" in the Poll, sound off and let us know the reason. Inquiring minds want to know

I joined the Constitution Party and keep an eye out for CFL and Ron Paul meetup groups.

I am in Jacksonville and meet plenty of members of RP meetup groups but never see it where they have meetings.

I was thinking of having Constitution Party recruitment sessions...

My girlfriend lost her job so helping her through this is going to be an under-taking. She worked at a bank. :mad: :mad: :mad:

So in a way it never ends.

Brassmouth
07-03-2009, 03:22 AM
Other.

I spend my time doing productive things instead of wasting it jacking off the State with a lobbying organization. :)

Baptist
10-12-2009, 11:48 PM
I am a dues paying member of CFL. However, I am not a Local Coordinator or Precinct Leader. Why? Because one of the requirements states that you have to recruit one leader per year. This is the only reason that I'm not one. Everything else I do. I go to at least one public event a month (town halls, meetings, public gatherings) and spread the word about liberty on campus every week. When I do it, I do it as a representative of CFL. CFL is not aware that I'm doing all this stuff, I just print up materials and do it on my own.

Why am I a representative of CFL when I'm out advocating liberty? Because, where else am I going to send the sheeple to? Am I supposed to send all the Fox News sheeple and senior citizens who frequent these town hall meetings to Mises.org or RPF? I want to send these sheeple to the most user friendly liberty site that I can find, and that is Campaign For Liberty's.

When I meet people who are already liberty-oriented, or people who have half a brain, then I tell them to go to Liberty Forest. But for the most part all of my literature tells people to go to Campaign For Liberty's site, because I believe that is the best way for these sheeple to get sucked into the liberty movement. CFL allows them to see how their representatives voted, how to contact their representatives, as well as some other great features.

I will continue to pay at least $35 a year because I believe CFL is a good organization. Even though I am not a coordinator or leader (because of the one year recruiting requirement), I will continue to advocate liberty on Campaign for Liberty's behalf. ( I believe that I do more work than a lot of CFL's coordinators and leaders even though I don't have that title).

I wish that everyone here would at least sign up to the site and create a profile so that CFL's site does not look so dead. In my district, only 3 people have bothered to even create a profile.

dr. hfn
10-13-2009, 12:38 AM
I think the C4L is kicking ass. I would love to see a new site launched and a big advertising/media blitz with it!

LittleLightShining
10-13-2009, 05:13 AM
Pffftttt... The more I know the less I like what I see. It was SUPPOSED to be BOTTOM UP. It is TOP DOWN. The states have no autonomy.

Live_Free_Or_Die
10-13-2009, 05:24 AM
nt

David40
10-13-2009, 07:42 PM
Glad to see you are active, but don't let the "requirement" slow you down. It's more of a goal than anything else. It's not like you are going to get kicked out if you don't do it. I've been a leader for two years and I have only recruited one. You might be the second. Being a leader makes other tools available to you that you would otherwise not get access to.

Austin
10-13-2009, 08:34 PM
Needs a more streamlined site.. I'd like to seem them and Terra Eclipse resolve their differences and jam out a nice looking site with a more userfriendly interface.. That said, the initial reason I did not join was due to lack of funds. Now that I have the money, I'll probably become a member soon.

I am a dues paying member of YAL, though. :)

David40
10-14-2009, 01:21 PM
Agreed, The website has always been a sore spot with me. To this day you still need to log in every single time you visit, which really pisses me off. All the good sites have the ability to "remember" who you are. I heard CFL took in over 4 mil since they started, I think they could afford to have a top notch website.

Feenix566
10-14-2009, 01:35 PM
I am a local coordinator.

And I agree, the site needs a lot of work. Remembering who you are would be a good step in the right direction.

fr33domfightr
10-15-2009, 11:31 PM
I heard something is in the works.

FF