PDA

View Full Version : megadeth cell phone -seeking endorsement

ForLibertyFight
09-18-2007, 07:46 PM
These are actual cell phone numbers of band members in Megadeth. Endorsement from these guys would be huge especially dave.

please don't post personal phone numbers

Ridiculous
09-18-2007, 07:54 PM
So even if these numbers are real, you are posting their private numbers on a public forum and asking people to call them to support Ron Paul.

I don't think some has-been 80's metal band's endorsement would help. But even if say that was the phone number of the biggest band today, why would having a bunch of random people call them to vote for a candidate be helpful? All it would do is piss them off.

Conversation: Hey, Dave Mustane I like you and I like Ron Paul. You should endorse Ron Paul (or something to that effect)

Mustane: Who the hell are you and how did you get my number? Click.

RonPaulStreetTeam
09-18-2007, 07:56 PM
yeah bad idea dude.

ForLibertyFight
09-18-2007, 07:56 PM
no i got it from myspace from the official megadeth bulletin. i was thinking we could leave some messages about ron paul

DAVE MUSTAINE is reaching out to fans and inviting them to call his cell and share their thoughts. As part of a collaboration with www.saynow.com , fans can call and leave messages for DAVE on his cell. At each tour date, DAVE makes an announcement from the stage encouraging fans to call and leave him messages and tells them where his cell number is posted at the venue. DAVE also sends out group voicemails from the stage at each tour date, letting fans know what city he’s in and invites the local audience to cheer in the background while he’s leaving the message. As part of his outreach to fans, DAVE also leaves messages for people who have contacted him about current MEGADETH activities. Anyone who’d like to leave a personal message for DAVE and his bandmates can call them at the following numbers:

Please go to megadeth at myspace to get the numbers

Ridiculous
09-18-2007, 08:01 PM
Ok, but why would having the endorsement of a band that is, think about it "Mega Death" be good for a political candidate. Lay off the bong man.

They use imagery like this for example:

http://images.thegauntlet.com/pix/Megadeth%20-%20Arsenal%20Of%20Megadeth.jpg

http://www.humandeath.de/Multimedia/Repka_Megadeth_Rusted.jpg

PathIveMade
09-18-2007, 08:05 PM
not that i agree with posting cell numbers... not a good idea.... but Megadeth is decidedly anti-war in their lyrical message. Though the imagery would never lead you to that conclusion.

ForLibertyFight
09-18-2007, 08:06 PM
maybe your not a big metal fan but megadeth has a huge influence and millions of fans across the world. if you listen to their newest album united abomination, their lyrics talks about the UN and the war in a negative way. right now it doesn't matter who it is, we need all the endorsements and attention we can get.

Ridiculous
09-18-2007, 08:12 PM
I am sure Megadeth is anti war. I am sure they have a fan base, otherwise they wouldn't have a record contract.

But have you ever taken a marketing class or worked for a campaign? There are certain terms and imagery that you want to probably stay away from as a political candidate just the term "Mega Death" would be one of them. And oh-yeah, flaming skulls should probably be avoided too.

Imagine some housewife reading some where, "Megadeth endorses Ron Paul"

PathIveMade
09-18-2007, 08:18 PM
I am sure Megadeth is anti war. I am sure they have a fan base, otherwise they wouldn't have a record contract.

But have you ever taken a marketing class or worked for a campaign? There are certain terms and imagery that you want to probably stay away from as a political candidate just the term "Mega Death" would be one of them. And oh-yeah, flaming skulls should probably be avoided too.

Imagine some housewife reading some where, "Megadeth endorses Ron Paul"

Point well taken on this end.... it would be good to reach that demographic though. Start hitting the Megadeth MySpace friends with the word on RP.

Ridiculous
09-18-2007, 08:20 PM
Point well taken on this end.... it would be good to reach that demographic though. Start hitting the Megadeth MySpace friends with the word on RP.

I am all for handing out slimjim's at concerts of any type.

PathIveMade
09-18-2007, 08:23 PM
rumor has it 800- ron-paul has free stickers and slim jims available... I'm in a band myself and plan on making that call in the morning. There's plenty of folks in my scene who'd be interested in his message... musicians, and otherwise.

Lord Xar
09-18-2007, 08:41 PM
maybe your not a big metal fan but megadeth has a huge influence and millions of fans across the world. if you listen to their newest album united abomination, their lyrics talks about the UN and the war in a negative way. right now it doesn't matter who it is, we need all the endorsements and attention we can get.

I am a big megadeth fan and I laugh when people are critical about WHO endorses a candidate.. so ridiculous. Dave is very articulate and bright. His music his his music, that is like saying an "action star" is a killer so he/she wouldn't be good to endorse Ron Paul.

I say CALL THAT MOFO UP!! Tell him all about Ron Paul..

"I'll be the fist in line...."

Alot of Megadeths lyrics are about loss of freedom and regaining the reppublic.

Megathe reaches millions of people and I say "HELL YEAH!"

If Rap Stars can support Obama, metaliers can support Ron Paul!

JosephTheLibertarian
09-18-2007, 08:49 PM
"peace sells, but who's buying?" :D

1000-points-of-fright
09-18-2007, 08:50 PM
megadeath
Main Entry:
Function: noun
Date: 1953

: one million deaths —usually used as a unit in reference to nuclear warfare

Seems pretty topical to me.

jpa
09-18-2007, 08:52 PM
"forclosure of a dream" is a pretty good song that describes life in America today/tommorrow.

American
09-18-2007, 08:53 PM
I went to the saynow web site, I think this chick would be a much better endorsement...:)

http://www.myspace.com/bobbibillard and were in luck, she is online RIGHT NOW.....!!!!:D

I'm a big megadeth fan also but this chick can really rally the troops!!!!

Wyurm
09-18-2007, 09:01 PM
Megadeath, whether you like them or their appearance or not, should definitely hear about RP:

http://www.darklyrics.com/lyrics/megadeth/theworldneedsahero.html#2

2. The World Needs A Hero

[Dave Mustaine]

An Iron fist quietly sits inside the Velvet Glove
Take control, untouchable just like God above
I can't escape, wrapped in red tape, what will become of me?
If I object, then I defect my country 'tis of thee

The White House is calling
Tell them I'll call them back
Just tell them anything
Yeah get them off my back

The world needs a hero

Not that I would ever lie but I have no choice
Words I say heard today are not mine, just my voice

NATO is on line 1
They want to talk to me
Tell them that I'm not in
Tell them that I'm not free

The world needs a hero

Phantom rule, the hidden jewel who's really in control?
On puppet strings, a nation swings undermined by moles

The UN is on hold
Tell them I'll call them back
Yeah tell them anything
Just get them off my back

The world needs a hero

[Solo - Mustaine]

[Solo - Pitrelli]

Dave the White House is calling
They want to talk to me
Tell them that I can't be bought
Tell them that I'm not free

The world needs a hero

[End Solos - Pitrelli]

PennCustom4RP
09-18-2007, 09:03 PM
see my sig.

ForLibertyFight
09-18-2007, 09:08 PM
left messages on all of them

i think we are doing the right thing

Magsec
09-18-2007, 10:01 PM
Dave is a Born Again Christian, or so I hear....He's fairly intelligent too, moreso than most celebrities.

"The System Has Failed" <--- does Megadeth get it?

SewrRatt
09-18-2007, 10:41 PM
I'm certain Dave Mustaine would like Ron Paul if he heard of him. I'd been toying lately with the idea of starting a Ron Paul thread at the Megadeth forums with the express purpose of bringing RP to Dave's attention.

ForLibertyFight
09-18-2007, 10:56 PM
I'm certain Dave Mustaine would like Ron Paul if he heard of him. I'd been toying lately with the idea of starting a Ron Paul thread at the Megadeth forums with the express purpose of bringing RP to Dave's attention.

sounds like a good idea

BarryDonegan
09-18-2007, 11:00 PM
i think you guys forgot that you are not the official campaign ;)

and yes, a endorsement by a popular rock band is very important for a political candidate. this endorsement does not require the actual politician associating himself with the messages of the bands who promote him to their audience.

Korey Kaczynski
09-18-2007, 11:12 PM
I don't really care for Megadeth, but this is a good idea. I hope it's fruitful.

ForLibertyFight
09-19-2007, 12:25 AM
another endorsement we could use is from george carlin

purplechoe
09-19-2007, 12:47 AM

I just saw them at the Heaven & Hell tour with Black Sabbath earlier this year. Megadeth definitely stole the show. :cool:

I think it's time to bust out with "Holy Wars". :)

Craig_R
09-19-2007, 01:58 AM
"can you put a price on peace?"

-Dave Mustaine