PDA

View Full Version : Oj Is A Distraction From Ron Paul

dude58677
09-18-2007, 07:40 PM
Anyone disagree or agree?

ctb619
09-18-2007, 07:44 PM
The story is a distraction from everything worthwhile.

Ridiculous
That is a retarded statement. There is always some stupid tabloid news story that gets reported on ad nauseum. If it wasn't OJ it would be Paris Hilton or some other person that isn't real news.

Chelle
I think the OJ thing is a distraction from the FED-Sub prime loan-tanking dollar debacle going on :mad:

yaz
09-18-2007, 07:45 PM
i'll just say that i hate the media constantly reporting on OJ. it's like anna nicole smith. who cares about them? i mean one or two times is fine but not a billion. i didn't even know who anna nicole smith was before i was gang raped by the media shoving her down my throat.

honkywill
09-18-2007, 07:47 PM
OJ is a distraction. But people who give a shit give a shit and if it wasn't OJ the media was obsessing over then it would be some pretty missing middle class white girl, or some other popcorn tragedy that a hundred daily dedicated national media coverage hours could never hope to fix. [/rant]

tekkierich
09-18-2007, 07:50 PM
I renew my advocacy for the old fart news channel that has none of this crap on it. ET and E! news do their job just fine. Let them keep doing it for those that want to see that type of thing. Give me my serious news, conspiratorially biased and all!

paulitics
09-18-2007, 08:11 PM
I think its a distraction from the dream act.

PathIveMade
09-18-2007, 08:14 PM
I renew my advocacy for the old fart news channel that has none of this crap on it. ET and E! news do their job just fine. Let them keep doing it for those that want to see that type of thing. Give me my serious news, conspiratorially biased and all!

I agree 100%..... stories like this just feed the minds of the sheep, and keep us ignorant of the real issues of the day. The less we know about what really matters, the better it is for "the man".

katao
09-18-2007, 08:19 PM
If I had the money, I would start a new news channel that actually targeted intelligent adults. I swear there would be a market for serious in-depth examination of the news and political topics. Discussion that was open minded about alternative ideas.

golfboy
09-18-2007, 08:26 PM
there's no connection. Some kind of logical fallacy.

redpillguy
09-18-2007, 08:49 PM
That is a retarded statement. There is always some stupid tabloid news story that gets reported on ad nauseum. If it wasn't OJ it would be Paris Hilton or some other person that isn't real news.

Read my opinion on this:
http://rabbit-hole-journey.blogspot.com/2007/08/dumbed-down-by-mass-media.html

nwfla4ronpaul
09-18-2007, 09:04 PM
I have a feeling that this stupid OJ story is all we are going to hear about for the next year(s). Trying not to sound too paranoid but it seems the media is distracting the people from what is happening out there. This new celebrity culture, imposed upon us over the years, has really dumbed down a large segment of the population. Therefore I think it is important to turn off the Televisions and educate ourselves and others about the real news out there. The media is a big problem and will continue to be so. Fortunately with internet we are able to bypass the traditional media to spread the word about Ron Paul. We are the new media.

Jon S
09-18-2007, 09:07 PM
and britney spears performing bad at the vmas is a conspiracy against ron paul too. i mean i could tell by her MOVEMENTS MAN!!! her body language was just SCREAMING "don't vote for ron paul!!!"

nwfla4ronpaul
09-18-2007, 09:17 PM
I just cannot believe that there is a huge part of the population out there that likes all this celebrity gossip passed off for news today. However when I see the lack of outrage over government excesses in our lives I concede that it is probably a way out for those who do not wish to deal with the real problems out there.