PDA

View Full Version : Sen. Dodd receives donations from only 5 constituents

Njon
04-17-2009, 01:24 PM
Sen. Dodd raised about $600,000 for his campaign in the initial three months of this year, but only five people who are actually his constituents donated any money! See http://www.connpost.com/ci_12158273

acptulsa
04-17-2009, 01:35 PM
This government of the corporations, by the corporations and for the corporations must perish from this earth.

ItsTime
04-17-2009, 01:48 PM
This is why I am against the grassroots meddling in other states elections. I personally think it should be illegal for people to donate to politicians that are not in their state (outside of national elections). Dodd would not get re-elected because his constituents would not fund him.

MRoCkEd
04-17-2009, 01:53 PM
run schiff run

gls
04-17-2009, 01:56 PM
run schiff run

Unfortunately this is looking less and less likely. He was saying on his Wednesday show that there's a good chance he'll be leaving CT altogether now that they're raising his state income tax from 5% to 8%. He was considering Florida, IIRC.

MsDoodahs
04-17-2009, 02:19 PM
This is why I am against the grassroots meddling in other states elections. I personally think it should be illegal for people to donate to politicians that are not in their state (outside of national elections). Dodd would not get re-elected because his constituents would not fund him.

His constituents re elect him even if they don't fund him.

Njon
04-17-2009, 02:20 PM
run schiff run

We all need to e-mail Schiff at PSchiff@europac.net and urge him to run.

ItsTime
04-17-2009, 02:22 PM
His constituents re elect him even if they don't fund him.

Would he spend his own money? Or just rely on the media to do it for him? Why make it easier for him.

I view it just like us funding another country. Let the local state and communities fund their own politicians.

He Who Pawns
04-17-2009, 07:00 PM
the five-term incumbent reported raising just $4,250 from five connecticut residents during the first three months of the year while raking in $604,745 from nearly 400 individuals living outside the state.

Wtf!!! :mad::mad::mad:

Schiff, please take this guy to the woodshed!!!

torchbearer
04-17-2009, 07:04 PM
we need this lineup in 2010

Peter Schiff
Ron Paul
Rand Paul
Adam Kokesh
BJ Lawson
Murray Sabrin
Tom Woods

Njon
04-17-2009, 09:03 PM
we need this lineup in 2010

Peter Schiff
Ron Paul
Rand Paul
Adam Kokesh
BJ Lawson
Murray Sabrin
Tom Woods

Has Dr. Woods said he's considering running for anything?

Also, don't forget R.J. Harris. This guy is the real deal. http://www.rjharris2010.com/

torchbearer
04-18-2009, 04:21 PM
Has Dr. Woods said he's considering running for anything?

Also, don't forget R.J. Harris. This guy is the real deal. http://www.rjharris2010.com/

Someone asked Dr. Woods, I think it was someone from YAL... he didn't dismiss it... and almost seemed interested in it.
Maybe a Draft Woods site could encourage him.

Valli6
04-18-2009, 09:41 PM
“I can’t say it any clearer: I will be helping Chris Dodd because he deserves the help,” the president told The Boston Globe in an interview published on Friday."
“Chris is going through a rough patch,” Mr. Obama told The Globe. “He just has an extraordinary record of accomplishment, and I think the people in Connecticut will come to recognize that.”
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/18/nyregion/18dodd.html

He Who Pawns
04-19-2009, 10:28 AM
The GOP will be gunning for him, bigtime.

Agent CSL
04-21-2009, 12:15 PM
I disagree. I don't think many local-level Liberty candidates would have a chance if they weren't allowed donations from outside their area.

gls
04-21-2009, 12:20 PM
I disagree. I don't think many local-level Liberty candidates would have a chance if they weren't allowed donations from outside their area.

Ron Paul would never been elected, that's for sure.

South Park Fan
05-05-2009, 05:20 PM
Even if Schiff does run, how do we defeat Rob Simmons? We've seen this situation before in New Jersey when Sabrin was running.

nate895
05-06-2009, 05:38 PM

Yes, let's burn freedom of speech in the name of "fairer" elections.

eduardo89
06-09-2009, 12:03 PM
Even if Schiff does run, how do we defeat Rob Simmons? We've seen this situation before in New Jersey when Sabrin was running.

That's going to be the tough part, but the good thing is the Republicans in New England are less neocon and more open minded to the liberty message