PDA

View Full Version : Let's phone bomb Jeff Flake's office about H.R. 1207

RCA
04-17-2009, 10:15 AM
I'm going to call both office phone numbers right now. Who's with me?

Washington, D.C. Office
240 Cannon H.O.B.
Washington, D.C. 20515
(202) 225-2635 - phone
(202) 226-4386 - fax

District Office
1640 South Stapley
Suite 215
Mesa, AZ 85204
(480) 833-0092 - phone
(480) 833-6314 - fax

http://flake.house.gov/

He Who Pawns
04-17-2009, 10:33 AM
well what is his current position?

RCA
04-17-2009, 10:34 AM
well what is his current position?

He's not currently a co-sponsor, he should be one.

Austin
04-17-2009, 10:36 AM
They usually ask your address, don't they?

I'm an Indiana resident.

He Who Pawns
04-17-2009, 10:58 AM

I'm an Indiana resident.

this is what google maps is for. ;)

Jeremy
04-17-2009, 11:11 AM
this is what google maps is for. ;)

lame :rolleyes:

And if anyone's calling, be nice. He's probably in the top 5 best congresscritters.

He Who Pawns
04-17-2009, 11:15 AM
my point is, when you email or contact a congressmember, you can google maps a random house and use that address. members are 50 times more likely to read something sent by their local voters.

why are you calling that lame?

[admin note: Do not do this.]

RCA
04-17-2009, 12:22 PM

I'm an Indiana resident.

I called both numbers and they didn't ask anything.

JoshLowry
04-17-2009, 12:26 PM
my point is, when you email or contact a congressmember, you can google maps a random house and use that address. members are 50 times more likely to read something sent by their local voters.

why are you calling that lame?

No. Do not do this.

You make us ALL look bad when you use tactics like this. This is a public message board and I do not condone it here nor in private.

If you are going to encourage people on this message board to participate in dishonest politics you will be asked to leave.

Work on getting your own congressperson to be a cosponsor or find people from his district and encourage them to contact Flake.

HOLLYWOOD
04-17-2009, 12:27 PM
lame :rolleyes:

And if anyone's calling, be nice. He's probably in the top 5 best congresscritters.
FWIW,

Yes, but Flake may have an issue on 1207, RP didn't vote in favor of Jeff Flake's legislation on Campaign/Contract kickback auditing bill.

He may be pissed... but I would like to know Ron's reasoning for not supporting it. Constitutionality?

ANyhooo... you have to leave your information when you contact most rep's. "Is is not wise to deceive grasshooper"

http://i533.photobucket.com/albums/ee332/McLieberman/DSC01282.jpg

He Who Pawns
04-17-2009, 12:45 PM
No. Do not do this.

You make us ALL look bad when you use tactics like this. This is a public message board and I do not condone it here nor in private.

If you are going to encourage people on this message board to participate in dishonest politics you will be asked to leave.

Work on getting your own congressperson to be a cosponsor or find people from his district and encourage them to contact Flake.

wow, okay. :confused:

i've been doing this myself here in CA to influence assembly members on budget votes.

i hope you realize that most members of congress, for example, will not even ACCEPT an email from anyone outside their district, even though they could hold a pivotal vote on NATIONAL issues. their websites block emails from people outside their district. i completely disagree with you on this, but will abide by your rules since it's your house.

AJ Antimony
04-17-2009, 12:51 PM
Might as well hit John Shadegg too while you're at it. I think both are in the RLC and have not co-sponsored 1207...

AuH2O
04-17-2009, 01:15 PM
wow, okay. :confused:

i've been doing this myself here in CA to influence assembly members on budget votes.

i hope you realize that most members of congress, for example, will not even ACCEPT an email from anyone outside their district, even though they could hold a pivotal vote on NATIONAL issues. their websites block emails from people outside their district. i completely disagree with you on this, but will abide by your rules since it's your house.

They are prohibited by the rules from performing constituent services for people outside of their district. I suppose corresponding regarding legislation also is prohibited.

If they receive mail mistakenly addressed to them, they are REQUIRED to forward it to the proper representative.

Not sure how I feel about it, since the 1st Amendment permits citizens the right to petition the GOVERNMENT for redress of grievances, not just petition this particular elected representative.

I suppose I understand the rationale though. Without it, and taken to the extreme, there is no local representation, just 435 congressman representing the entire nation.