PDA

View Full Version : my email to rep. Schakowsky

smithtg
04-17-2009, 10:14 AM
Mr. Proud American
Evanston, IL

Representative Schakowsky

I resent your comments that the tax day tea parties were a corporate attempt to mislead the public. This efforts was purely grassroots. If anything FOX and republicans jumped uninvited on the bandwagon trying to steal the show (because they have no original ideas, similar to your party)

your comment "Not a single American household or business will be taxed at a higher rate this year", may be entirely true, but I think its very convenient that you had to qualify the statement by saying "this year". Those are your words not mine. Now, if the United States Congress voted to increase the debt by TRILLIONS, how else will it be paid for? The tax day tea parties protested not only "this year" but every year for the next 50, 100 that we as Americans will be paying for the nonsense and stupid spending that your party advocates

Keep your partisan bickering to yourself Representative or feel free to voice it, Im sure you district will reward someone else in the next election - hopefully not Democrat or Republican

Sincerely,

A proud American

in case you missed her press release - the top of stuipidity cometh

Schakowsky Statement on 'Tax Day Tea Parties'
Schakowsky Calls Parties "Despicable' and "Shameful"

CHICAGO, IL (April 15, 2009) – Rep. Jan Schakowsky, D-IL, released the following statement in response to “tea parties” being held on Tax Day.

“The ‘tea parties’ being held today by groups of right-wing activists, and fueled by FOX News Channel, are an effort to mislead the public about the Obama economic plan that cuts taxes for 95 percent of Americans and creates 3.5 million jobs. It’s despicable that right-wing Republicans would attempt to cheapen a significant, honorable moment of American history with a shameful political stunt. Not a single American household or business will be taxed at a higher rate this year. Made to look like a grassroots uprising, this is an Obama bashing party promoted by corporate interests, as well as Republican lobbyists and politicians.”

i