PDA

View Full Version : Are you wrong?

Working Poor
04-17-2009, 07:26 AM
The tea parties were for the most part I think were a sucess in getting people together it shows that the masses are about to wake up. I noticed that some of the people who were interviewed didn't seem to know what they were standing for they were just kinda there.

I found this link that gives some food for thought on how to tell if you are taking a wrong stand on something.

http://www.scolister.co.cc/2008/11/how-to-tell-if-your-position-on.html

sevin
04-17-2009, 09:12 AM
That's a great guide. It's always wise to question your own beliefs to make sure you're still being logical.

Deborah K
04-17-2009, 09:16 AM
I love this! Man, are there a lot of people who need to read this! LOL!

Original_Intent
04-17-2009, 09:22 AM
I know very well what I stand for, but I also know myself well enough that if some reporter shoved a mic in my face my brain would probably vapor lock. I was on CNN once back in the Clinton era, and I even had 15 minutes advance notice that I would be on the air, but when the camera's hit me it was VERY difficult to do - I felt like the professor who passed out on Glem Beck's show the other day.

It is why I would never run for office (again). I am very poor at responding to questions etc "on the fly" in front of a crowd. Too much fear of looking stupid. :(

I will say that when I ran for state legislature back in 2000, I did give a few speeches that I thought were pretty good and were well received. But in any type of interview type situation, I absolutely suck.

Good link btw. I definitely see some of those negative traits in myself.

Meatwasp
04-17-2009, 09:22 AM
My husband used to say if you disagree with someones view to say, "Yes but, and then put forth your thoughts"

slothman
04-17-2009, 11:24 AM
I noticed that most of those applied to libertarians
as well is liberals and republicans.

cthulhufan
04-17-2009, 11:51 AM
This is great. Thanks for posting.

jclay2
04-17-2009, 11:52 AM
Those are not real reporters. Those are political hacks picking out the dumbest people in the crowd to make their point of "right wing extremist". Just look at the founding bloggers video when a sensible person argued with that reporter.

hugolp
04-17-2009, 11:57 AM
No, Im not.