PDA

View Full Version : Stewart makes fun of Fox and CNN "They have flipped"

purplechoe
04-17-2009, 02:07 AM
http://www.thedailyshow.com/full-episodes/index.jhtml?episodeId=224273

Watch the first segment. It's pretty funny. "Fox News has become CNN and CNN is Fox News, MSNBC is the Comedy Channel."

:)

Trigonx
04-17-2009, 02:27 AM
ahhhh the end of the first segment was great.

Drknows
04-17-2009, 03:18 AM
Yeah the first segment was funny. :D

the rest is pretty boring. Oliver goes to tea parties and mocks people with "what is real tyranny" and irrelevant questions. Looks like a bad editing job.

Mordan
04-17-2009, 03:52 AM
the middle part cracked me up. British humor rocks

acptulsa
04-17-2009, 06:29 AM
And Rush Limbaugh wants to mollycoddle pirates. We seem to have them flustered. Keep the pressure on and maybe we can get some even bigger laughs out of these lying, stinking thieves.

Like when we tar and feather them.

eOs
04-17-2009, 10:37 AM
::waits for Conza to link us to his thread::

Perry
04-17-2009, 10:55 AM
Sad but true.

angelatc
04-17-2009, 10:57 AM
And Rush Limbaugh wants to mollycoddle pirates.

I don't listen to Rush. Are you serious?

angelatc
04-17-2009, 11:02 AM
Stewart is too liberal to be funny. I can't stand to listen to him any more. I had hoped this would be different, but I can't find anything funny in this.

He mocks the concept that government is too big, the size of the Tea Parties...Obama as Hitler (hypocrisy!)

I can't watch this. It isn't left and right. It's us vs them.

Deborah K
04-17-2009, 11:16 AM
http://www.thedailyshow.com/full-episodes/index.jhtml?episodeId=224273

Watch the first segment. It's pretty funny. "Fox News has become CNN and CNN is Fox News, MSNBC is the Comedy Channel."

:)

Hahahaha! That was good! He did a great job exposing the hypocricy!

Maverick
04-17-2009, 12:07 PM
Stewart is too liberal to be funny. I can't stand to listen to him any more. I had hoped this would be different, but I can't find anything funny in this.

He mocks the concept that government is too big, the size of the Tea Parties...Obama as Hitler (hypocrisy!)

I can't watch this. It isn't left and right. It's us vs them.

I noticed when the camera panned to show the guy's Obama poster, the TDS crowd was all "oooohhhhh" and groaning at it. I don't seem to recall them having a problem with all the Bush-Hitler comparisons.

For the record, I don't really have a problem with either. Both Bush and Obama have been stripping us of liberties. Although, the "so-and-so = Hitler/Nazi" is kind of a tired argument. It's best to try to avoid Goodwin's Law when possible.

rockandrollsouls
04-17-2009, 12:19 PM
I don't think Stewart is funny at all. And that's not even because he's a flaming liberal.

HOLLYWOOD
04-17-2009, 12:42 PM
The Daily Show has gone from Stewart Smalley (for you Al Franken) to Stewart Shill - MSNBC/NBC Comedy Channel I presume Stewart didn't get the WH memo? GE/NBC/MSNBC just got promoted on Jan 20th, they're now the 4th branch of government, called: Department of Propaganda.

Original_Intent
04-17-2009, 12:50 PM
"MSNBC is US??? Well what the F*** am I SUPPOSED TO DO???"

:D Good stuff

DAFTEK
04-17-2009, 02:06 PM
Steward is a fuking idiot, now i know why i stopped watching his lame ass show. Make fun of Fox and CNN all you want but he made fun of us all and anyone who doesn't see that is an idiot just like him! Pathetic hypocrite...

DAFTEK
04-17-2009, 02:11 PM
"MSNBC is US??? Well what the F*** am I SUPPOSED TO DO???"

:D Good stuff

What MSNBC Thinks about Tea Parties ...
http://www.onenewsnow.com/Blog/Default.aspx?id=493736 (http://www.onenewsnow.com/Blog/Default.aspx?id=493736)

:mad:

Deborah K
04-17-2009, 02:53 PM
Steward is a fuking idiot, now i know why i stopped watching his lame ass show. Make fun of Fox and CNN all you want but he made fun of us all and anyone who doesn't see that is an idiot just like him! Pathetic hypocrite...

He's a frickin comedian, come on! They make fun of everyone! Can't you laugh at yourself? It was funny! I know he's left of left, but it was damned funny!

Zolah
04-17-2009, 03:02 PM
So what is the Daily Show now? I agree that Fox is CNN, CNN is Fox and MSNBC is retarded, but what is the Daily Show now? :p A couple times this week I've actually thought Stewart was more like Colbert than anything else.

Deborah K
04-17-2009, 03:08 PM
So what is the Daily Show now? I agree that Fox is CNN, CNN is Fox and MSNBC is retarded, but what is the Daily Show now? :p A couple times this week I've actually thought Stewart was more like Colbert than anything else.

ewwww.... Colbert sux. I don't get his humor at all.

BlackTerrel
04-17-2009, 03:35 PM
I noticed when the camera panned to show the guy's Obama poster, the TDS crowd was all "oooohhhhh" and groaning at it. I don't seem to recall them having a problem with all the Bush-Hitler comparisons.

For the record, I don't really have a problem with either. Both Bush and Obama have been stripping us of liberties. Although, the "so-and-so = Hitler/Nazi" is kind of a tired argument. It's best to try to avoid Goodwin's Law when possible.

It got old a while ago. Going over the top just makes you look like an idiot. Obama is not Hitler, he's Obama.

purplechoe
04-17-2009, 03:38 PM
It got old a while ago. Going over the top just makes you look like an idiot. Obama is not Hitler, he's Obama.

So in 50 years instead of people calling a president they don't like Hitler/ Stalin, it wil be Obama/ Bush? :)

Zera
04-17-2009, 05:34 PM
So in 50 years instead of people calling a president they don't like Hitler/ Stalin, it wil be Obama/ Bush? :)

No, they'll refer to the people who massacred millions and millions directly by their names.

heavenlyboy34
04-17-2009, 05:50 PM
He's a frickin comedian, come on! They make fun of everyone! Can't you laugh at yourself? It was funny! I know he's left of left, but it was damned funny!

lol...it was clearly a bit IMO, and I found it rather funny :D

Conza88
04-17-2009, 06:03 PM
::waits for Conza to link us to his thread::

:o I was becoming too much like TW and his links.. lol

NYgs23
04-18-2009, 01:25 AM
He used the phrase "New World Order"!!!!!! He's one of Them!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

DXDoug
04-18-2009, 01:57 AM
LOL pretty funny .

Smoke the Liberty Tree
04-18-2009, 11:33 AM

Exactly. Some people on here just can't take a joke. Yes John Stewart is liberal, and it is obvious. But at least he makes fun of the other news shows when they fuck up. For that i have to laugh. I also thought john olivers bit was hilarious as well. Some of you guys need to stop taking things so personal. ;)

purplechoe
04-18-2009, 04:30 PM
Exactly. Some people on here just can't take a joke. Yes John Stewart is liberal, and it is obvious. But at least he makes fun of the other news shows when they fuck up. For that i have to laugh. I also thought john olivers bit was hilarious as well. Some of you guys need to stop taking things so personal. ;)

Even Lew Rockwell gives him credit for being funny and going after both parties even though it's clear he's a liberal.

Jace
04-18-2009, 11:34 PM

0zzy
04-19-2009, 12:38 AM
I tried watching this, but it's just propaganda disguised behind mildly amusing attempts at humor.

Jon Stewart never had to jump the shark because it was jumped the day he took over from Craig Kilborn. Stewart took Kilborn's format and used it to present an agenda, disguised behind exaggerated facial expressions, video editing, a laugh track and a huge budget.

Some people laugh along. Occasionally, he'll hit a bulls eye for people who pay attention, but those are few and far between.

Stewart is a less edgy Bill Maher. Both Stewart and Maher are highly paid comedic actors shilling for the Federal Reserve Board, Zionism and the Democratic Party.

Stewart is well financed, hokey and lame. Like Maher, he moves from job to high paid job because he's in with the in crowd.

Gotta love the big-breasted Obama with the oversized Elmo doll, though. Kinda amusing, in a lame kinda way. People laugh and think there are some kooks out there in this Tea Party thing, and, boy, it's all pretty insignificant when you look at the crowds Obama had at his inauguration. Haha. But don't read too much into it because it's just humor, right?

Dennis Miller has been trying to pull off the same schtick, but aimed at those on the other side of the political spectrum. Blah blah. Yada yada. Ha ha. All those anti-war folks are kooks and we are the smart and clever ones because we figured out those dastardly Islamofascists. We are the realists, and we have a good sense of humor, too. But it's the same old shill for the Federal Reserve Board and Zionism, but this time with a Republican neoconservative slant.

Miller hasn't been as successful as Stewart and Maher in pulling off the old schtick. He has had show after show canceled and now his radio show has tanked. But like Stewart and Maher, he will land on his feet somewhere else, presenting the same message on some other well-financed media outlet.

When people grow tired of Stewart and that double chin he's growing and all the exaggerated facial expressions and the eyeballing with the music and colorful video, then some other young, hip clown will take over and everyone will laugh along to the laugh track, and wink-wink, they'll think they're edgy and in with the in crowd because they can parrot punchlines from a TV show.

Whatever.

Stewart, or whatever his real name is, sucks. So does his agenda, no matter what color lipstick he tries to put on that pig.

right... man you must have heart attacks living in a world like this huh?