PDA

View Full Version : save resources operating CFL???

fj45lvr
04-17-2009, 01:53 AM
why print letters/packets when many of us can get email/net notifications??

they should make sure they don't waste the resources.

Kludge
04-17-2009, 02:01 AM
It's very frustrating, and other cash-strapped organizations do it too (the LP has been especially frustrating).

I understand that snail mail may increase overall revenue, but when that revenue is used pay for asking for more payments, it may have negative long-term effects if people believe it a wasteful organization.

I've given the LP a meager $30 in the past year. I get semi-weekly mailings from them asking for donations, I received free bumper stickers, an LP card (to prove "libertarian" is a real word), long multi-page articles sent, and multiple monthly newsletters. I wasn't intending to purchase anything with that $30, it was a DONATION.

axiomata
04-17-2009, 02:31 AM
I agree, I'd really like to save some trees and money and opt out of the mailings. They should of course allow mailings to those without the internet but it should be assumed that if you sign up for the CFL online then you should get online notifications.

If the CFL didn't mail me anything (or have random call centers call me) they probably would have saved enough money to send me a free bumper sticker which I would actually like. ;)