PDA

View Full Version : "Lots of Tea Parties - And Then?" by Devvy Kidd

Theocrat
04-16-2009, 10:22 PM
This is an excellent yet frightening article by Devvy Kidd. They say sometimes the truth hurts, and Devvy definitely has a knack for inflicting pain with her words. Click here (http://www.newswithviews.com/Devvy/kidd439.htm) to read the article, and may it inspire us even farther in our movement to hurl the tea off the boats before our ship sinks.

OferNave
04-17-2009, 05:44 AM
Agreed. In fact, here's some more painful but constructive criticism for us:

Ron Paul and Personal Liberty
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=9B883EE065DC5B8C

When you watch those videos, keep in mind I dedicated several months (24/7, 7 days a week) to the RP grassroots, including $15k. I was right in there. But when truth slaps in me in the face, I don't get mad at it - I step back, reevaluate, and incorporate the truths into a larger, more accurate world view.

TruckinMike
04-17-2009, 06:31 AM
Yes, that article reflects a flyer passed out at some of the Tea Parties. Loud voices do not necessarily equal the squeaky wheel. Sometimes more has to be done...

Not A Real Tea Party (http://www.scribd.com/doc/14224870/not-a-tea-party)

The original Boston Tea Party was a calculated act of law-breaking designed to send the British
Empire a message it could not fail to comprehend. Making long-winded speeches, thumping
impassioned chests and denouncing a government made up of people who have already written you
off as unimportant, impotent and no threat to their plans is a waste of time, energy and oxygen.
As comfortable and deeply ingrained as they are in all Americans, the conventional political tactics
of speech-making, letter-writing and electioneering have brought us to this precipice of defeat. The
guttering flame of the Founders' Republic is within one stiff breeze of going out forever. Both
political parties have conspired through malice or incompetence to bring us to this state, yet still
people look in vain to the system of party politics for salvation.
The Founders were not so stupid as to place all their hopes on a corrupt system. When the accepted
channels of politics and remonstrance failed, they burned the King's tax stamps, dumped his tea,
broke the windows of his tax collectors with rocks and bricks, smuggled forbidden goods, defied
"his royal majesty" in hundreds of other ways and dared him to do anything about it. Liberty is not
free, nor is it without risk.
All these tactics are still available to us today. Any inventive mind could think of many more
effective in this modern era. It is not necessary to collect a crowd to do them, either. Defiance in
action can be expressed individually in many ingenious ways.
But let us not kid ourselves that standing around and listening to speeches that aren't worth the hot
air generated thereby is an effective strategy for dealing with the hard-eyed, hard-nosed collectivist
domestic enemies of the Founders' Republic in power today.
You want to send a message that you intend to defend your liberty and not talk about defending it?
Don't mail a tea bag.
Think like the Founders, and ACT.
sipseystreetirregulars.blogspot.com

AND...

OferNave

Agreed. In fact, here's some more painful but constructive criticism for us:

Ron Paul and Personal Liberty
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_lis...883EE065DC5B8C

When you watch those videos, keep in mind I dedicated several months (24/7, 7 days a week) to the RP grassroots, including $15k. I was right in there. But when truth slaps in me in the face, I don't get mad at it - I step back, reevaluate, and incorporate the truths into a larger, more accurate world view.
YouTube - Ron Paul Part 1: The Shape of Things to Come! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McNo62gpw6M&feature=PlayList&p=9B883EE065DC5B8C&index=0&playnext=1) He brings some interesting points to the table. However is inferences are way out line. They are wrought with defeatism. He assumes that "we" would bring in the Nat. Guard, kill old folks, and arrest the protesters. What a load of BS! We would turn the Free market loose on the problems. He has absolutely NO confidence in the motivations of a free market. I think this guy is a distraction to the cause -- Don't fall head over heels on the words of this pessimist. Listen, learn, think, and think again, and then choose your course.

(Note: He inferred that our founders brought in MORE government. WRONG! However, I will concede on one point --- YES, when HE compared the US NOW to the US 200 years ago... the government has grown --- He should compare the US to the UK in the same time periods, He's dishonest with his inferences.)

OK Ok I know what your thinking... the slave beatings analogy was a good point...

So... what do we do now?

TMike

OferNave
04-17-2009, 08:50 AM
What a load of BS! We would turn the Free market loose on the problems. He has absolutely NO confidence in the motivations of a free market.

The fact that you said he has no confidence in the free market makes me think perhaps you didn't understand what he was saying. This guy loves the free market like a jazz musician loves pot. He's a market anarchist.

Deborah K
04-17-2009, 09:09 AM
Okay Theocrat. I understand that many RP supporters are suspicious of everything and everyone. I have a little of that myself. But I intend to use this new mainstreaming of our message to our advantage. I will attend these new grassroots groups springing up, and these protests, and may even organize another one myself, inviting the "herd" to attend.

This is an opportunity that shouldn't be wasted on bemoaning the MSM, etc. for co-opting our message or implementing 'controlled opposition'. (I don't even get what she's talking about as far as that is concerned because Fox is the only network that covered this and the conservative types are not their opposition.) :confused:

At any rate, we pissed and moaned incessantly when the media ignored and/or villified Dr. Paul during the campaign. They did it to Schiff as well. Now that their predictions have come to fruition (along with a power shift), we have their (MSM) attention - and NOW everyone is bitching about THAT! Have we become schizoid?

If you and others want to disassociate yourselves with this opportunity to spread our message amongst the newly awakened, then go ahead. Sit on the side lines with Devy.

I intend to infiltrate and use their methods against them.

Oyate
04-18-2009, 11:19 AM
If you and others want to disassociate yourselves with this opportunity to spread our message amongst the newly awakened, then go ahead. Sit on the side lines with Devy.

I loved Devvey's article, I think most of her points are well considered but I haven't agreed with a single street-action suggestion she's made in over 3 years. She has this amazing ability to call the streets wrong for all the right reasons.

--Anyone who doesn't see that the R3VOlUTION just got branding with the tagline "brought to you be FoxNews" isn't understanding the strategic situation.

--Anyone who doesn't compare FoxNews' treatment of us now to a year ago just ain't using their memory.

--Anyone who doesn't understand that this is an instant and utter turn-off to anyone who DOESN'T like FoxNews, which includes most of us BTW, isn't understanding how we have to communicate to this nation. "Back to neocon" isn't going to sell. These guys are so thoroughly discredited. They are liars and they are scum. Overnight our reputation has turned from distinct to co-opted.

However, to have stayed home would have been worse for the neglected opportunity to outreach to people. That would have been a tragic mistake because Beck and Hannity could only be at two of the many events of the day.

I settled on a bi-cameral approach: support the tea parties but attack the neocons. Below is a link that I advertised using PPC marketing on Google. Anyone who typed in "glenn beck", "tea party" or "912" saw an add linking to the page below:

http://www.restoretherepublicradio.com/Glenn_Beck_doesnt_speak_for_the_patriot_Constituti onalist_movement/

I ran it for as long as I could afford it. I wish I could be running it now but people were clicking on it like crazy and it was costing a LOT.

Bern
04-18-2009, 11:35 AM
"Lots of Tea Parties - And Then?"

See second link in my sig. Let's take this to 11.