PDA

View Full Version : We are all law breakers, do as you're told. How many laws did you break today?

klamath
04-16-2009, 06:39 PM
An idea has been floating around in my head for a while for an effective Utube video to show the rank and file Americans how DHS and agencies like it are wrong.
How many times have you heard the statement, "if you're are not doing anything wrong you have nothing to worry about!"

A video filmed of the ordinary American family on an oridinary day of their life. Follow this film with the clips showing the every spot and action that is breaking a federal, state or local law or regulation. Specify the exact code violation at every spot.
At the end add up the violations and penalties and show how much jail time and fines they would be sentenced. In some states with laws like california with 3 strikes law it could be pretty severe.
I am not talking about the more rebellious Americans. I want a flag waving American family that tries to obay all laws.
A starting list.
A moving vehicle before the seat belt is on.
Failing to make a complete stop at a stop sign.
breaking the speed limits. Each count.
Having child facing the wrong way in a safety seat.
Throwing batteries in the trash.
Kid riding a bike without a helmet before the parent spots it.
Burning a wood stove on a no burn day.
Putting gas for the lawn mower in the wrong kind of container.
This list could go on forever.

An alternative would be to have people watch the video and try and pick out the laws broken then show how many really were broken.
A good prosecuter could make this family look like the worst criminals out there.
Many americans plead guilty to charges they should rightfully fight because a prosecuter tells them "look I can get you for all these charges and you will spend twenty years in prison or you can plead guilty and get probation?" Most Americans get a mental image of Bubba in prison and plead guilty.
If some of the good Utube makers did this I think it could go viral.

How many laws did you break today?

Tabby
04-16-2009, 11:05 PM
This is interesting and would be very important/popular. I am interested.

micahnelson
04-16-2009, 11:11 PM
I am interested in your ideas and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

klamath
04-17-2009, 06:45 AM
I am interested in your ideas and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.
Actually I don't have a newsletter. I live too remotely to be a personal promoter of things. I found this out when I was a republican national comvention delegate candidate for RP and ended up snowed in the whole campaign before the California primary.:( I felt really bad just cheering the meetups for RP from afar."
Any good videographers out there are free to work on this.
I wonder if the CFL would be interested in producing an idea like this?

PitViper
04-17-2009, 07:19 AM
IMO, law making, just like "economic growth" eg "Job creation", is a disease. Once you build a car you don't add stuff onto it every day, soon it will not move!

The egyytians lasted 3000 years with their simple 42 laws.

compare this to our endless lists of laws in our society that is only 233 years old, and already teetering on collapse. Simplicity is stability. Complexity is a proportionate veil for corruption. IMO

I would like to see such a video,

We are all adults, no one needs to be told what is right and wrong.

Government is for people who cannot govern themselves, laws are its ropes which bind such people, the more law, the more bound, the stronger the bindings. Soon even the self governed are bound. Laws are just ropes. Lawmaking is like a debilitating cancer, ever growing.

"Abolishing the free system of english law in a neighboring province, establishing therein an arbitrary government, and enlarging its boundaries, so as to render it at once an example and fit instrument for introducing the same absolute rule into these colonies." - Declaration of Independence

Kinda describes malignant growth.
Good luck on the Vid.

Elwar
04-17-2009, 07:23 AM
From "Living the outlaw life (http://www.backwoodshome.com/columns/wolfe0106.html)" by Claire Wolfe

Some more for your list:

Cut a friend's hair without a license.
Carry a pocket knife with a blade longer-than-legal.
Be in a room where friends were talking about doing something illegal (conspiracy!)
Put a dollar in a football pool.
Carry money with traces of cocaine on it (like 82% of the paper money in circulation).
Put prescription medicine into one of those little daily dispenser containers.
Give one of your own prescription pills to a sick friend.
Own chemicals that could be used to make a bomb (like bleach and ammonia).
Drive a car with someone who might be transporting contraband.

klamath
04-17-2009, 08:07 AM
From "Living the outlaw life (http://www.backwoodshome.com/columns/wolfe0106.html)" by Claire Wolfe

Some more for your list:

Cut a friend's hair without a license.
Carry a pocket knife with a blade longer-than-legal.
Be in a room where friends were talking about doing something illegal (conspiracy!)
Put a dollar in a football pool.
Carry money with traces of cocaine on it (like 82% of the paper money in circulation).
Put prescription medicine into one of those little daily dispenser containers.
Give one of your own prescription pills to a sick friend.
Own chemicals that could be used to make a bomb (like bleach and ammonia).
Drive a car with someone who might be transporting contraband.
Good link. That magizine is published in my neck of the woods. They endorsed RP too.

Meatwasp
04-17-2009, 08:21 AM
Ayn Rand warned us that the powers that be would make all kinds of little laws to make you feel guilty so they could entrap you

torchbearer
04-17-2009, 08:35 AM
I commit a felony a day without even trying.