PDA

View Full Version : Pelosi on Tea Parties: "We Call it Astroturf"

DAFTEK
04-16-2009, 04:54 PM
Tell me why we cant label Obama, Pelosi and the rest of these people in the government killing our country as DICTATORS? :mad: Who the fuk is this WE? We the people or WE the DC Dictators?

Nothing will change in this country until people rise like they did with other dictators in history.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P44q7Jt68DA

Zera
04-16-2009, 04:55 PM
Tell me why we cant label Obama, Pelosi and the rest of these people in the government killing our country as DICTATORS? :mad: Who the fuk is this WE? We the people or WE the DC Dictators?

Nothing will change untill people rise like they did with other dictators in history.

It wasn't exactly grassroots. You realize how many different partisan organizations were promoting it?

0zzy
04-16-2009, 04:57 PM
It wasn't exactly grassroots. You realize how many different partisan organizations were promoting it?

Who started it? The grassroots. These liberals have anti-war protest, sponsored by...moveon.org+soros and co. apparently that's not "austroterf" though.

DAFTEK
04-16-2009, 05:02 PM

I don't agree with you and I'm sure the thousands of people who attended don't agree also.... This was all Grassroots efforts and the promotions u speak of has nothing to do with it other then banking on it....:mad:

angelatc
04-16-2009, 05:13 PM
I call her a effin bitch. Promoting it isn't the same as sponsoring.

I was in Chicago when they had the immigrant rallies. The "poor people who are here only to work" were bussed and flown into the city en masse for days leading up to the event. Everybody local was wondering who, exactly, was paying for all that?

The buses weren't cheap school buses, mind you!

BUt when the internet decides to host 700+ parties to protest massive spending, rather than hosting one or two big events...we're accused of astroturfing.

She doesn't have an iota of proof - she's just a bitch.

Zera
04-16-2009, 05:15 PM
I don't agree with you and I'm sure the thousands of people who attended don't agree also.... This was all Grassroots efforts and the promotions u speak of has nothing to do with it other then banking on it....:mad:

I recall someone posted a topic here a few days ago that had a huge list of neocon associations that were promoting it.

EDIT: Not sure if I was clear, but I meant that the people who were prompting it up were doing it in an astroturf way. People who showed up were more grass roots, I suppose.

Cowlesy
04-16-2009, 05:17 PM
I'd have to ban myself if I typed what I think of Nancy Pelosi.

Zolah
04-16-2009, 05:35 PM
Fox is making easy targets out of our efforts.

werdd
04-16-2009, 05:41 PM
I'd have to ban myself if I typed what I think of Nancy Pelosi.

Ditto.

Objectivist
04-16-2009, 05:47 PM
Not one person had a factory made sign like I see at LPD rallies.
Well, one had a RP for Pres sign.

Deborah K
04-16-2009, 07:14 PM

Nothing will change in this country until people rise like they did with other dictators in history.

She is a disgrace to the American way of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. So are her counterparts.

This is the same woman who disregarded her district when in '07 they called, emailed, and faxed their opposition to amnesty. Thankfully, others in congress listened. This is the same woman who disregarded her district when in '08 they called, emailed, and faxed their opposition (100-1) to the bail-outs. Only this time others in congress also ignored their districts. Amnesty is back on the agenda now. Will they continue to ignore us? What's to become of them if they do.........I hate to think about it. Especially after the way Tom Tancredo was recently treated. The pro-amnesty mob is vile.

The divide on this issue is deep and wide and vicious. I would venture to guess that the protestors yesterday fall into the border security, enforce-immigration-law category. Pro amnesty lobbies are strong, gov't subsidized, and formidable. If anything tears this country apart it will be this issue. Now that conservative types are coming out in force, each organized demonstration is going to bring more and more of them out, for the first time ever. Conservatives historically don't demonstrate en masse.

This is THE most volatile issue of our times right now. The left will tease us mercilessly over our complaints about gov't spending. But if we show up en masse over illegal immigration and border security, if we protest amnesty, they will meet us toe to toe - of that you can be sure! There will be bloodshed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCT8XV0ut1A

Spike
04-16-2009, 07:18 PM
I like Dick Cheney better than Nancy Pelosi.

heavenlyboy34
04-16-2009, 07:25 PM
Pelosi apparently doesn't understand WTF she's talking about. :p As I expected, more D.C. newspeak from this pinko. :mad::p

BenIsForRon
04-16-2009, 08:09 PM
Guys, fox promoted this thing for weeks. I guarantee you that, besides the C4L people, you will never see any of those people at any kind of protest again.

Lovecraftian4Paul
04-16-2009, 08:47 PM
Wow. What have we become as a society? We let these sniveling little politicians openly call us names and dismiss our grievances. And to think that once people raised holy hell over Marie Antoinette's legendary "Let them eat cake" statement. In 1776, Pelosi would have been tarred and feathered several times over by now. In France about ten years later, her head would be rolling down a flight of stairs. I see no reason to even humor feigning respect for government officials anymore when they publicly show such outrageous contempt for the people.

Cowlesy
04-16-2009, 08:50 PM
I like Dick Cheney better than Nancy Pelosi.

Holy toledo, you hate her almost as much as I do! :) :)

Wadesc
04-16-2009, 09:31 PM
Some were definitely more grassroots than others.

Fox somehow hijacked a few of them, and I really can't blame people for hating on Fox.

I just wish that folks wouldnt bunch up all teapartiers together, there was a wide range of people at these Teaparties, mostly angry McCain voters, but it was a good mix of angry citizens.

Theocrat
04-16-2009, 09:56 PM
Pelosi said (0:23), "What they want is a continuation of the failed economic policies of President George Bush which got us into the situation we're in now." [Emphasis added]

Who exactly is "they"? None of us here want to continue in the economic policies of George W. Bush at all. We are not they. If anything, we want to abolish one of the roots which drove his economic policies, and that is the Federal Reserve. She doesn't know what she's talking about.

Pelosi fails to realize that Congress is the main reason why we're in this economic mess right now. Has she forgotten about the bailout? The stimulus bill? She is very immature to point her finger at other people when she herself was just as responsible for the problems in our economy as anyone else.

If it weren't for the smirk on her face during that entire interview, I might actually think she was joking. Her little remark about us being "astroturf" shows that she really has been sleeping in the stands, as it were. King George III once had that attitude, and it wasn't until the players hit him with a ball that he finally woke up. ;)

brandon
04-16-2009, 09:56 PM
Don DeBots was behind the tea party movement.

LibertyEagle
04-16-2009, 10:01 PM
:mad: There are no words for how angry I am after watching that &^%R$T!!!! Well, there ARE words, and believe me, they're running through my head right now, but if I say them, I'll have to give myself an infraction.

I hate Pelosi. I frickin' HATE her. What a treasonous &&*I*I(UY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

brandon
04-16-2009, 10:04 PM
One of the biggest organizations behind these Tea Parties is an astroturfing operation. freedomworks.com

DAFTEK
04-17-2009, 05:41 AM
Pelosi said (0:23), "What they want is a continuation of the failed economic policies of President George Bush which got us into the situation we're in now." [Emphasis added]

Who exactly is "they"? None of us here want to continue in the economic policies of George W. Bush at all. We are not they. If anything, we want to abolish one of the roots which drove his economic policies, and that is the Federal Reserve. She doesn't know what she's talking about.

Pelosi fails to realize that Congress is the main reason why we're in this economic mess right now. Has she forgotten about the bailout? The stimulus bill? She is very immature to point her finger at other people when she herself was just as responsible for the problems in our economy as anyone else.

If it weren't for the smirk on her face during that entire interview, I might actually think she was joking. Her little remark about us being "astroturf" shows that she really has been sleeping in the stands, as it were. King George III once had that attitude, and it wasn't until the players hit him with a ball that he finally woke up. ;)

Finally someone who gets it! That was my point of the post, not who promoted or started the tea party. Listen to any dictator and they sound the same as these thieves running our lives!

dr. hfn
04-17-2009, 10:09 AM
stupid lying cunt

Lucille
04-17-2009, 11:19 AM
She should know, since the collectivist Dems don't make a move without direction from the apparatus. Ever notice how they all say the same thing every time something comes up (Rush, tea parties, etc.)

haaaylee
04-17-2009, 11:24 AM
if this was astroturf, wouldn't it be her kind of people that were doing it?

and im sorry-- weren't you a part of the Bush administration too Nancy? Yes. So shut up.

angelatc
04-17-2009, 11:43 AM
One of the biggest organizations behind these Tea Parties is an astroturfing operation, freedomworks.com

They joined late in the game, and they hosted exactly one event.

Pelosi has no facts to back this up with.

acptulsa
04-17-2009, 11:51 AM
She has astroturf on the brain. But, hey, if she wants to wear that ugly assed wig, I suppose I'll have to grudgingly permit her the freedom to do so.

Our county chair spoke at our event. Is that astroturf? Got news for you, Pelosidog. The grassroots installed our chair. She is one of us. She grew right out of our same soil and our same root system.