PDA

View Full Version : Rush Limbaugh: "Ron Paul's Idea for Dealing with Somali Pirates"

RonPaulFanInGA
04-16-2009, 12:22 PM
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_041509/content/01125104.guest.html

Ron Paul's Idea for Dealing with Somali Pirates

RUSH: Have you heard about Ron Paul's idea on dealing with the Somali merchant marine organizer pirates? It is not just Ron Paul, by the way. There's a growing number of national security experts that are calling on Congress, which means this will never happen, "to consider using letters of marque and reprisal, a power written into the Constitution that allows the United States to hire private citizens to keep international waters safe. Used heavily during the Revolution and the War of 1812, letters of marque serve as official warrants from the government, allowing privateers --" think Blackwater "-- to seize or destroy enemies, their loot--" if you watch "24," think Starkwood. Are you watching "24," Dawn? Then you don't know what Starkwood is. But Starkwood is "24's" version of Blackwater, and they're trying to blow up missiles with nerve gas all over America 'cause the president's trying to shut 'em down.

At any rate, so letters of marque and reprisal are warrants, official warrants from the government "allowing privateers to seize or destroy enemies, their loot and their vessels in exchange for bounty money." Basically letters of marque and reprisal allow you to hire bounty hunters out there. You keep your military out of it where they can go do their Meals on Wheels things. "The letters also require would-be thrill seekers --" that would be the privateers "-- to post a bond promising to abide by international rules of war." Theoretically here, hiring bounty hunters, private citizens, to go out there and deal with the pirates would be a cheaper option than dealing with the US military. So that is Ron Paul's idea on dealing with this.

ScotTX
04-16-2009, 01:05 PM
Ruck fush!

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
04-16-2009, 01:09 PM
He is just angry because this plan does not allow for an invasion of another country that we can exploit in the name of democracy or whatever other lame excuses we can come up with.

Madison
04-16-2009, 01:21 PM
Both of your responses imply Rush is disparaging Ron Paul's solution, but I didn't see that anywhere in his words.

dannno
04-16-2009, 01:30 PM
Ya, what happened to the disparagement? Did he say it was a bad idea? Was it just his tone of voice?

I'm sure I could tell what he was thinking if I heard it, I read both of his books about 14 years ago (well, he only had 2 books 14 years ago..)

Rangeley
04-16-2009, 01:42 PM
I dont see any disparagement in that section, at least.

jake
04-16-2009, 02:04 PM
didn't hear it but I can imagine the tone was negative. anyone confirm?

angelatc
04-16-2009, 02:08 PM
So? Does Rush ever have guests? See if Rachel can arrrange to have Ron Paul call into the show and talk to him.

orafi
04-16-2009, 02:21 PM
Both of your responses imply Rush is disparaging Ron Paul's solution, but I didn't see that anywhere in his words.

Yeah, he basically just summarized everything haha. And he's relaying the idea to his pets. This will open up their minds a little bit (you know, like there are other options than spending a trillion dollars to chase down bogeymen of your own creation)

He Who Pawns
04-16-2009, 03:05 PM
Did Rrush have any comments, or just read it as an item of interest?

paulitics
04-16-2009, 03:05 PM
Rush says: "Theoretically here, hiring bounty hunters, private citizens, to go out there and deal with the pirates would be a cheaper option than dealing with the US military"

How is this negative? Sounds like Rush thinks it is a pretty good idea.

TheTyke
04-16-2009, 03:26 PM
Has Rush ever had Ron Paul on his show? If not, it's about time.

He Who Pawns
04-16-2009, 03:33 PM
Rush doesn't really have guests.

One show I would like to see Dr Paul do is Phil Hendrie, discussing weed legalization.

specsaregood
04-16-2009, 04:15 PM
Rush doesn't really have guests.

One show I would like to see Dr Paul do is Phil Hendrie, discussing weed legalization.

Uhm, is Phil Hendrie actually doing real shows nowadays? As opposed to the shows he got popular doing (fake voices)? I haven't heard him in years....

dannno
04-16-2009, 04:18 PM
Uhm, is Phil Hendrie actually doing real shows nowadays? As opposed to the shows he got popular doing (fake voices)? I haven't heard him in years....

Ya, his show was completely ruined by 9/11 at which point he switched from being a comedian to being a neocon.

It's really a shame cause he was one of the funniest people i've ever heard on the radio. I couldn't believe he was a neocon when I found out.

DGambler
04-16-2009, 04:22 PM
You keep your military out of it where they can go do their Meals on Wheels things.

This part of his little speech is the part that is disparaging and proves the true intent of his words, it is a sarcastic comment.

dannno
04-16-2009, 04:30 PM
This part of his little speech is the part that is disparaging and proves the true intent of his words, it is a sarcastic comment.

Ooooohhhh ya!!

That's a pretty big clue.

forsmant
04-16-2009, 04:45 PM
I heard this and Rush just sort of read the idea and attributed it to Ron Paul. It was merely an item of interest.

specsaregood
04-16-2009, 04:52 PM
Ya, his show was completely ruined by 9/11 at which point he switched from being a comedian to being a neocon.

It's really a shame cause he was one of the funniest people i've ever heard on the radio. I couldn't believe he was a neocon when I found out.

Really? That is disappointing, his show used to be damn funny.